Community post

Question

Brown spotting 10, 11 and 12 dpo then AF in few days

I'm just wondering if anyone has similar experience. Last 6 months I'm experiencing light brown spotting on 10,11 and 12 dpo and then AF shows in a couple of days. I've read that this could be because of a low progesterone level which can lead to unfertility or even MC. I'll ask my gyn in couple of weeks but am would like to know if any of you know any other reason for spotting few days before AF???

Please share your knowledge with me.

2 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Hi NightSpyder. Since going off BC pills in January, I've also been spotting 2-3 days before AF. I never spotted before going on the pill (which I was on for 4.5 years). I asked my doctor about it and she said it was normal and told me it shouldn't affect my ability to conceive. I've also read that it could be due to low progesterone, so I still worry a bit. I recommend asking your doctor about it anyway to see what he or she says. Best of luck!

8 years ago

Thank you! My doctor said it's normal and it has probably nothing to do with progesterone. I visited her on my ovulation day and she said that spotting might be because of my strong ovulation (that sounds weird to me but I believe her). This c, cle was the first time that I actually felt ovulation. I had strong pain in my right ovary and ultrasound confirmed ovulation. Well, I am 9 dpo today and will see what happens tomorrow - spotting or no spotting. I am also experiencing very tender breast since ov and still (much more than any time before) but I guess it's just a really strong cycle (strong af, strong ov, strong PMS sings).

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo