Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

281 - 290 of 397 Replies | Last Page

Thank you to all of you ladies for sharing your journeys with us! It's uplifting to know we are not alone in this journey. I too keep my fertile days from DH. I don't like to pressure him ;-). We have just been trying "naturally" (no charts, temps etc) since 11/19/2010. I pregnancy that ended at 12 weeks This past month I decided it was time to get serious (I'm 40) and start charting. The TWW was horrible and has lasted 3 weeks+ now. AF should have come on the 20th but she no showed! I finally tested today and did not get my BFP! Now I don't know what the heck to think. Ugh! According to every chart I had the big O on cd14. We BD'd on cd8 10 12 14 and 16 Then on cd27 I had so much ECM it was ridiculous. I've been moody, nauseous, had backaches, headaches everyday since cd18. I'm at a loss here! Just praying if it isn't this month AF will show fast so I can start the next charts. This cycle I'm going to start taking my prenatal vitamins again and start drinking green tea instead of coffee. Any other suggestions?

11 years ago

Torontochick, glad I could help! :D

Welcome, Babyblues26!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Hello all!

Went to bed early last night but woke up two hours later. I'm sure just it is just my nerves. DH climb into bed and told what he would name our son...(wishful thinking) I smiled and feel back to sleep then all of a sudden I thought I was dreaming of having this horrible cramp and back ache, but when I woke up it wasn't a dream.

I grabbed DH's arm and he jumped up as if I was in labor....(just practicing). I had to go and laid down in my women cave because I was moaning a groaning for about and hour. I am hoping that it was my implantation since I am 7 dpo today. Glad that is over

Baby dust to all.....

Me: 46DH: 54 Daughters 28 and 13 years old Twin Stepsons 20 years old July 2012: Our first month of seriously TTC using: CD 2 ~ OPK ~ Fertility Blend men and women ~ Maca Root ~ Royal Jelly ~ Preseed and holding out from BD for 3 weeks since we are older User Image

11 years ago

Good morning everyone... Happy Monday!

Is anyone planning on testing this week?

Swimmom, I saw you changed your ticker... did the find you?? Oh man, so sorry!!

I feel like I am out, too. Although I am only 8dpo on CTP, according to FF I am already 11dpo. Since my LP typically is only 11 days that would mean that the is at the gate...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php?d=2012-06-21

I have been having faint cramping, a bit more this morning before I got up. My temps are down and my boobs are not sore at all. For me, all signs for a big fat negative. Le sigh.

I am planning not to test until Wednesday or Thursday. If FF is right, then AF would show before I poas. We'll see. I am disappointed to say the least. :(

Hope EOE is doing ok.

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

I think I may test on Wednesday. I am 10dpo today. I have had no symptoms, but I never have had any during the 2ww, even when I was pregnant, and I haven't even had any PMS symptoms since AF resumed a couple of months ago. Regardless, I very much doubt I'm pregnant and if I'm not, I'm hoping AF will appear by Wednesday so I can go in and get my AFC done on Friday this week. Otherwise I have to wait for another month. Since we all know what an absolute witch Ms. Flo is, I'm sure she'll refuse to cooperate just to be ornery.

torontochick, I can't see your chart, it wants me to log in (I swear I have a FF account, but can't seem to remember the password and I'm too lazy to retrieve it just now) -- since I have no idea how to interpret those charts anyway it's just as well. Hope you're wrong and no news is good news! :D

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Essemkay... Crossing my fingers for you that the witch stays away!! I am expecting her to show within the next couple of days unless my temps go up tomorrow and that would be a miracle...

I guess I posted the wrong link to my account rather than the page I can share. So let me try this again:

My Ovulation Chart

I also have a chart here on CTP, which puts me at only 8dpo and in this case there would be still some hope...

How is everyone else??

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Good morning ladies!

I have been chanting "witch witch stay away rear your ugly head in May" :) Boy the weekend was kinda rough for me. Woke up on Thursday and Saturday with major heartburn, I never had it before and I was on my way till the ER till DH told me to sit up and it went away...boy that was painful.

I am 9 dpo and tested yesterday and got a BFN so I decided to wait until the 7th to retest. I still have that constant burning pressure and my old "C" is sensitive to the touch.

If I'm not PG I don't know what is going on. I have never cramp with my AF and only had pain for one day when I ovulate...and I am still burping alot....Anywho Wish you ladies luck and I will chant for you as well

Me: 46DH: 54 Daughters 28 and 13 years old Twin Stepsons 20 years old July 2012: Our first month of seriously TTC using: CD 2 ~ OPK ~ Fertility Blend men and women ~ Maca Root ~ Royal Jelly ~ Preseed and holding out from BD for 3 weeks since we are older User Image

11 years ago

I am crossing my fingers for all of thou that the witch does not rear her ugly head!! I am on cd14 and should be ovulating any second (I hope). Have been using OPK's and they get darker every day. I'm figuring tomorrow for sure, which is about par for the course. Been bd'ing like crazy anyways, as it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Still taking the Pregnitude that my doctor recommended and prenatal vitamins of course. Also using preseed and the softcups that some people have recommended. I'm hoping this is the month!! For us and many of you all as well! Feeling very optimistic, and hope that we all have BFPs very soon!

Keep posting everyone, It's so nice to know that we are not alone in this process!

11 years ago

Perfectmatch... Hopefully the witch will stay away! Strange thing about the heartburn and the burping. I am not sure this is pregnancy related this early in the game...? Long wait until the 7th... sigh!

Pix... Good luck!! BTW... looked up the Pregnitude - it the same as the Italian Inofolic. It contains folic acid and myo-inositol. Both are also part of my supps regimen. Folic acid is a must anyway and the myo-inositol is supposed to improve egg quality.

11 years ago

Grrrr.

I spoke too soon. No need for me to be testing on Wednesday since AF has arrived. Boo.

So I can definitely get my AFC done before we leave for vacation. However, if she was going to come so early, if only she'd come yesterday so I could have the AFC done before July 31st so it was in this insurance year (my insurance doesn't pay for any kind of fertility treatment, but it does cover diagnostics after I've hit my deductible). Unfortunately, she's both not early enough AND two days too early, so I won't be able to do the saline sonogram this cycle since I'll be out of town for CD5-12, which is when it needs to be done. So I might as well wait to do the AFC next month with the saline sonogram. Both of which mean there goes any chance of doing any meds in September -- that plan is all dashed to hell. Looks like October will be the soonest. Double and triple boo.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo