Community post

Question

Second Prenatal appointment. What to expect?

So I had my first prenatal appoint when I was 9w4d. It was the first time I met my Dr. face to face. When I was called to the back, an assistant took my weight & blood pressure. She then gave me papers to get my blood work done. Now with my Dr., I thought she would talk to me about my medical history, do an ultrasound & listen to the heartbeat. She didn't do any of that. All I got was a pap smear. Then I was out the door. The assistant was kind enough to give me a quick ultrasound before I left. So tomorrow is my next appointment & I have no clue what to expect. What is common for a second prenatal appointment? I need to get some advice to make sure I get the right care. Also I am 14 weeks along.

1 Answer • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Well, your first appointment sounds like my second. On my first appointment, the doctor did an ultrasound and asked if I had any questions. Then, I had bloodwork done in the office for them to send out. Lastly, one of the nurses took me into an office and asked me a ton of questions about my family and medical history. My second and third appointment, I got a quick ultrasound, check of my weight and out the door. Talk to the doctor and see what you can expect at further appointments.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo