Community post

Question

Painfull sex after D&C now bleeding...... Help anyone?

I lost my bub at 10 weeks and had to undergo a D&C for a missed misscarage, I am using a fertility clinic and had all the procedure done there so i had some familiar faces, My fertility doctor told me to obstain for 1 week following to procedure, once one week clicked over we were right back into it, i also have a retroverted uterus which has mad sex painful sometimes even before i got pregnant, the first time wasnt that enjoyable i found myself trying to avoid any position that may cause pain and then 1 week and 3 days after D&C we tried again only to have really bad pain and had to stop! Now i am blleding again, i live 8 hrs from town so getting a check up isnt really possible i am going back in to town in 6 days,i know the damage is done now but i am worried about infection or maybe somthing else, anyone who has had this please let me know your experience or any advice will be much appreciated!
Thanks Liz

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Hey Liz!! So, we both are in the D&C boat....so sorry to hear about your loss. Seems like quite a few of us gals within a few days of each other lost their pregnancies. Hopefully we can all get back over to the other site in due time...

About your bleeding...my husband and I were told to wait at least 2 weeks and also until the bleeding stopped. I am 3 weeks past my D&C and still bleeding....but hubby and I did have sex the ONE day I was only spotting. There shouldn't be any pain....but if you're bleeding is heavier and you have abdomenal pain, you should really try to get it checked out. An infection down there will reek havoc on your system and put you way behind in trying again.

But, if it's just bleeding that looks like a normal period, I wouldn't worry. If you start to get a fever, you need to rush to the doctor asap.

Monitor your pain and bleeding the next few days....if it feels "off" to you....you definitely need to take the trip in to town

Me...33 Hubby...34 Nov 2002...high risk pregnancy, preterm labor @ 31wks, held in our son until 37wks, born 7lbs, 20in October 2007...blighted ovum @ 6w4d, D&C October 2012...fetal death @7w4d subchorionic hematoma, D&C, 46 chromosomes, normal female Waiting to TTC until June!

11 years ago

Thanks, i only spotted for 3 days after then stopped, i still waited until the week was up before starting again, the blood is brown so thats a good think but i am a little crampy, i am still charting BBT and there hasnt been any real thermal shift to indicate AF and my bloods 4 days ago were 33 so i will have to wait and see, sorry for your loss also its so crappy!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo