Community post

Question

When to go to doctor

Anyone know when to go to OBGYN to check fertility checked? Also does having a miscarriage restart the time...I heard u wanna wait a year and it was a year in may...but I had a miscarriage in march did that restart the year?

1 Answer • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Hey, don't get too hung up on length of trying. After a year of trying with no full term pregnancy is usually when people get checked out. However, 8 months is enough for most doctors to start testing for infertility. I think it's great that you are seeking help. I know plenty of women who tried years before they got help and regretted not doing it sooner. Every doctor is different but you most likely start off with a blood test that will test for a number of things. And then blood work again on cd 21 for progesterone. If that comes back perfect then it's off to your partner for a semen analysis. If that comes back fine then you will most likely have an HSG test and transvaginal ultrasound. By then, they will have a good idea what's going on. Because you have been pregnant already I would bet it's a progesterone issue, which is one of the most common reasons for infertility and usually easiest to correct. Good luck to you hon!!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo