Community post

Question

First visit to OBGYN for fertility visit

So I called my OBGYN about scheduling a fertilty visit...I stopped BC may 2011 used opk off and on...we just figured we would just get pregnant...well December came around I start watching cervical mucus...I started noticing o pains...so I used that with OPK's to time bding...I my cycles were weird didn't have period in January found out I was pregnant march 6th had a miscarriage the next week...I started temping after that...my cycles have been pretty regular until this month I didn't ovulate until cd 21 (mines usually 16)...so I'm wondering whats going on...so I called the doctor...I'm wonder should I not go to the doctor until a few more months? Should I try longer? I'm worried I'm going to soon?...any advice?

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

No, I think your decision to go is a smart idea. I think it will also def. ease your mind. I have only been trying for two months but I myself was thinking of going just to make sure I am ovulating and that everything is working properly. It would def. help with the stress of wondering whether or not I can get pregnant right now. Good luck! :)

11 years ago

Our first appointment was in Dec 2011 adfer hte intial work up was ordered by our family doctor. They did some blood tests on myself & husband as well as a semen analysis on him. There were no issues so we were referred to OGBYN.
On our frst visit (generally they do a Pap however I already had one done in the last year wit hmy family doc) he just went over the results of the previous findings with us & suggested that the next step was to have an HSG done. It was an outpatient procedure where they check to see if you have any blockages in your fallopian tubes. I was very nervous about this but I took 2 gravol prior to the procedure to calm my nerves & i was completely fine. I did end up having a bit of a bloackage in my right tube which was cleared easily by the dye going through them. Afterwards he told us to just keep trying & return in July of 2012 if still no luck - which we didnt so I am just wrapping up my first cycle with Clomid - so fingers crossed!

October 2010-July 2012 Happily Married & started our journey to TTC naturally December 2011 First meeting with Gynocologist for infertility work up All tests came back negative for myself & hubby; unexplained infertility February 2012 HSG Test - Right fallopian tube had blockage - dye cleared it April 2012 Still not pregnant - Gyno said to keep trying until July August 2012 First cycle of Clomid (50 mg) Day 5-9

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo