Community post

Question

Ovulation and positive opk

I am wondering...after u get your first positive opk can u ovulate within the next little while and still get another positive opk after or during ovulation...according to my temps so far my ovulation day was probably yesterday I got positive the day before and yesterday...I didn't check today...I'm just confused about how my temps could show ovulation yesterday and my opk was positive at 8:30 last night...I guess I could have ovulated during the night...or can the opk be positive during ovulation...plus I'm trying to figure out if I should BD tonight for safe measure or if it's completely too late...any advice or opinions?

1 Answer • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

It's normal to pick up the LH surge for up to 2 days. They will pick up the first presence and all the way up to when the Lh starts going down and ovulation then occurs. You can ovulate usually 12-24 hours after it first picks up the surge. So I would BD when you first get your positve OPK, and they say if you really know your cycle, start even a couple days before you expect it, as sperm can live up to 5 days and egg only 12-24 hours. And I've read that going by an OPK is more accurate than bbt. I've read that your temp will rise before your LH surge and that's why isn't not as accurate. It's hard to know for sure when ovualtion actually occurs after they pick up the surge, thats why it's good to cover all bases to give pregnancy a good chance of happening in the month. They say every other day from like day 10 to whenever you ovulate is a good way of being sure, but if you know your fertile timeframe that's even better.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo