Community post

Question

When to BD

So I'm just wondering people's opinions...I got my first positive OPK just now...it was negative at 5:30 am...my husband and I have BD for the last 4 days straight twice on somedays lol I dont know what's gotten into us...anyways...im wondering should not BD tomorrow even though it's probably ovulation day just to let his sperm regenerate?...we have one daughter and miscarried in march...I'm wondering if it will be better to wait or just BD everyday after positive like we usually do...I was really trying not to stress this month but now that I'm feeling the cramps and got my positive opk that's all I'm thinking about...what's ur all's advice! Thank you

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I would BD for the next 3 days but not more than once a day. One day is plenty of time for sperm to regenerate unless he has low sperm count of course.

11 years ago

having sex everyday will not harm sperm it just decreases but not enough to affect fertility, its only if you have sex every day for over 2 weeks according to a new study I was just reading today :)
I have never used opks so cant really comment on them.
I just used a ovulation tracker on my mobile phone based on last few periods, it said I ovulated on the 28th may, we had sex on the 20th 21st and 27th only. IM now just over 8 weeks pregnant.
I miscarried in november 2011 we started trying in april 2012 because thats how long it took for my cycles to go back to normal an I got my positive 16th june :) good look.

11 years ago

You are supposed to try to start BDing before you O instead of after because the egg only has a 12-24 hour window in which it came be fertilized. i usually try to make sure we BD every other day from when AF ends until i know for sure i have O'd because my O date is so unpredictable.

11 years ago

The reason i say for the next 3 days is because you can O up 48 hours after a positive opk.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo