Community post

Question

Cramping, twinges and pinching

Cramping, twinges and pinched even dull feeling there still in my lower abdomen on each side at different times...is the normal 8 dpo...I've had then for a few days now....I just wish I knew why my body did the things it does...I don't remember these feelings other cycles last this long...anyone else experience this?

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

I have experienced that lately in pg and non-pg cycles! (I had a chem pg'cy in March for sure (blood test) and possibly last month too). I had a Mirena for 4 yrs and I swear, I forgot how many odd twinges and cramps you feel during ovulatory cycles!

11 years ago

I hate it! I miscarried in march and I'm very paranoid...I just want to know what causes those feelings for sure...I'm sorry for ur experiences and baby dust to you...

11 years ago • Post starter

(((hugs))) I have a friend who has been pregnant six times and has only 1 child to show for it. My stats are still better than many, but thanks for the kind words! I just know that our "sticky babies" are out there waiting for us somewhere. The first time I miscarried (this was yrs ago, 2003), I was just distraught and couldn't stop thinking about the baby, my due date, etc. But then I got pregnant with Ally, and I always think about how I wouldn't have conceived HER if I hadn't lost the other baby. She is so precious, and I am sure that first baby was too, but he/she wasn't Ally, you know? Anyway, just rambling, but life is funny. I am trying to trust my body to be wise and care for the strong baby that will stick and be healthy and wonderful. As for the cramps/twinges, I try to imagine my ovaries and uterus working really hard to build a nice healthy lining and let a little embryo implant! That is happening every month whether we conceive or not, you know. That is probably

11 years ago

*sorry ran out of space...anyway, those cramps and twinges are probably due to the hormonal fluxes and physical processes of building the endometrial lining, releasing/maturing eggs, corpus luteum, whatever else may be going on down there...like I said, even if we don't fertilize an egg and implant an embryo, a lot of the physiological changes happen *just in case* in an ovulatory cycle. So we might feel that stuff any time we are ttc and not taking a hormonal BC that inhibits ovulation. Does that make sense? (I hope so, I'm a pharmacist so I should be able to explain it somewhat coherently...)

11 years ago

I have been experiencing the same cramps since before ovulation. I have cysts on my left ovary about every month and fluid on the outside of my right. I have pretty bad cramps every month, but I never have had them this early and long. Usually they come a few days before AF. I have not been on bc for over 2 years and have not been prego yet, hoping this is a good sign.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo