Community post

Question

Is highlighting hair safe

I'm 4 dpo I'm wondering is it safe to highlight hair while TTC????

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

yeah just make sure its in a well ventilated area

11 years ago

Highlighting hair is among the safest ways to color your hair during pregnancy and TTC. The color doesn't touch your scalp, so there's no real way for it to get absorbed into your bloodstream. Some high lift blondes need for their hair to be "toned" after highlighting, where the would apply a color over your whole head afterwards. If that is the case for you, you have to weigh out the pros and cons of haircoloring since now it is going to enter your bloodstream. Hope this helps!

11 years ago

when i was pregnant with my son the midwife told me that in the first 3 months of pregnancy you shouldnt use hairdye that has Peroxide in it. standard hair dye is ok and keep it away from the root. make sure you arent in a closed environment (open a window or something).

whilst TTC... well i dont see the harm in doing it. i have dyed my hair for about 9 years and i didnt stop when i was TTC the first time. i just did it maybe every 2 months instead of every 4 weeks. then once i was pregnant i checked the label to make sure there wasnt any Peroxide in it. but i waited til i was about 4 - 5 months pregnant.... i didnt stop dying it when i hit 3rd trimester either......

and i had a perfectly healthy little boy.

User ImageUser Image User Image Hoping for our 2nd lil' baba!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo