Community post

Question

Too short of a lp?

My lp length is 10 it might be longer but no shorter. Is that too short to have a viable pregnancy? If so how do I lengthen it?

me: 27 bf: 38 | JAN 2012 - | MAY 2014 - | JUNE 2014 - | JULY 2014 - | AUG 2014 - | SEPT 2014 - User Image

4 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

From what i've read, that's about borderline between being an ok length and being too short. Do you have any spotting before your period begins as well? If so, i've read that you should probably count those spotting days as well, which means your LP may be even shorter (assuming you've been calculating it based on when your period begins fully).

I *think* i've found something that actually works - i've been reading a lot about it and it's often used to lengthen LPs. My LP was between 8-11 days, depending on how many days before my period I began spotting. My last cycle i began taking vitex agnus castus tincture and 25mg vit B6 for the entire cycle, and my LP increased to either 13 or 15 dpo (not entirely sure when i ovulated). *Something* sure made a huge improvement! :)

User Image

12 years ago

Test its the only way to know

29 / 6000 Emojis

12 years ago

I have a 9 day lp which is too short, they say anything under 11 is considered short. Implantation takes place between 8-12 dpo so it could be a problem but not always. I've started taking 40mg of bit b6 along with the 10mg that is in the prenatal vits to try and lengthen it but this is my first month of trying it so can't say if its working yet! Apprently its meant to kick in quickly..just be careful of how much u take. There's quite a lot on the internet if u have time. Good luck! :)

12 years ago

Hi, I started taking 10mg of vitamin b6 two months ago because I had a LP of about 6 days. The first month I had a 14 day lp and this month I'm on 9dpo today so cross fingers I'm okay this month also. I also ovulated on cd19 instead of cd41 the previous month and approx cd 36 the couple of months before. Good Luck

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo