Community post

Discussion

August 2015: IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Let's keep those BFP's coming ladies!!!

Prayers, Baby Dust and Sticky Vibes to everyone

TTC 2+ years Me 29 DH 30 4 cycles of Clomid + Trigger BFN 3 cycles IUI with Follistim + trigger BFN IVF #1 Chemical Pregnancy :( IVF #2 BFN FET #1 BFP!!! Beta Numbers 4.1- 168

451 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

51 - 60 of 451 Replies | Last Page

Jackie - OMG OMG OMG that is a definitive positive hpt :) Congratulations !!! Are you still spotting? I think that was implantation bleeding. YEY

TTC - Sorry your IUI hurt. All my 3 IUIs were done be different person and they all felt different. With some I had more cramping then with others.

Baby - wow you are brave girl for transferring 3. Stick babies stick!!!

Jes - welcome :) Hopefully first IUI will work for you. Are you doing any meds? Taking Clomid or injection hormones with your IUI?

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

8 years ago

Good morning ladies,

Jes - Welcome! I hope it works out for you this month. I also got pregnant my first IUI cycle. I ended up having a chemical pregnancy but it's been the only one in over two years that actually stuck enough to get a BFP.

JackieT - I totally see the line!!! Thats amazing girl!! I hope youll be able to relax and enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Baby - Way to go on the transfer! Stick babies stick! I hope the other 3 develope well enough for freezing. FX that your BFP come within the next two weeks.

TTC - I'm sorry the IUI was painful. I find that the procedure is alway a bit uncomfortable. I hope you get your BFP in the next two weeks.

AFM - DH's car was involved in a hit and run. Luckily we weren't in it at the time but we've got a rental car for the next few weeks until it's fixed. I don't know how they managed it but they cause over $5000 worth of damage. on the plus side dealing with the insurance company should keep me ocupied for the rest of my TWW.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

8 years ago

Jackie, that is unmistakenly a line! So thrilled for you! Now hopefully you can relax a bit more!!

Jesk, Welcome to the group! I know August will crawl for you as you anxiously await for September, but hopefully we can help pass the time!

TTC, I'm so sorry to hear about your IUi experience. FX that it gives you a BFP at the end, you deserve it after that! ;)

Texas, how are things going for you dear? Have you learned anything new on the potential DEs?

Basis, yes, I kinda feel a little brave but our RE assured us that our chances of triplets only increase to 10-15% and Twins to 25-30%. As long as we can get one little one to stick, that's all I care about :)

Margie, so glad neither of you were in the car when it happened! Dealing with insurance companies sure do suck but you're right, that'll give you something to do!!! :)

8 years ago

Margie - sorry about your car but being occupied during TWW is good ;) I am glad you guys were not in it.

Baby - I really hope one or two sticks for you. 3 would be a bigger risk but only you know if you can handle it.

So I am thinking about doing Harmony test and possibly finding out the gender of our child this way. I just need to see if my insurance will cover it or if the clinic or my OBGYN has a special deal on those tests. Some offices have agreement with the Harmony company and can offer the test for only few hundred dollars.
I know the test can be super expensive if it is not covered by insurance so if it costs us more then $200 I think we will pass.

I talked to my DH because I feel super guilty. I am not super excited and happy as I though I would be since I am pregnant now. I think it is either hormones or me still not trying to get my hopes up. My DH is feeling kind of the same way and he thinks it is our brains/heart just trying to protect us from getting hurt again. Ughhhh still feel guilty about not enjoying what I have now.

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

8 years ago

Basia - the doctor wants to me do to Clomid and a trigger shot. So yup medicated.

Baby and Margie - thanks for the welcomes. Hopefully this month doesn't drag too much.

TTC#1 DH: 29 Me: 27 Married 2009, officially TTC since 2013 July 2015: Decided to talk to OB. HSG was good. Blood work good. SA showed low motility. OB recommended IUI. August 26 2015: IUI #1, 50mg clomid, hcg shot, 2 follicles, bfn Sept. 24, 2015: IUI #2, 50mg clomid, hcg shot, 4 follicles, bfn October: took a break, to talk to a RE, bfn November 22 2015: Intercourse, 50mg clomid, hcg shot, 1 follicle

8 years ago

Basia, do you think you are just possibly in denial due to being basically symptomless? If that's the case and your reason for being cautious and nervous about truly believing, remember I had zero symptoms with any of my 4 previous pregnancies. If my belly hadn't eventually grown, finally felt them moving and kicking inside me then giving birth, I would have called BS on it all :)

Hugs to you and I hope you are able to stop feeling guilty and enjoy this peaceful time while you can!!

8 years ago

Jes - if I don't get my BFP this month then I'll be doing the same thing around the beginning of Sep. I'm with you though I really hope it doesn't drag too much.

Basia - From what I've read, your reaction is perfectly normal. I hope once your hormones settle out and you're a bit further along you will get to be more excited about your pregnancy. Even if you're not excited for the whole time I know you'll be crazy about your little one. What's the Harmony test?

Baby - Atleast it's only for the car. trying to deal with insurance for medicale stuff and the car is worse.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

8 years ago

Has anyone looked into the Sneakpeek Gender Test?

Hubs and I are thinking about doing this- just google it, it can be done at 9 weeks and is fairly inexpensive, you also get your money back if they are wrong so I figure just for fun we'll try!

User Image

8 years ago

Harmony test is a set of different test. They perform a very specific test for down syndrome (more accurate then the one that is normally done as they test the actual DNA). Also as part of the test you can find out the gender of the baby and it is accurate. They test for Gene Y and if it is present you are having a boy and if it is not you are having a girl for sure :)

8 years ago

First of all @JACKIE!!! That is a BFP! Wheeeeeeeew!! I just knew you would get your BFP this time!! And on vacation! SO FUN! I am so excited for you, and cannot wait to see the progression with tomorrow's test! My tests were always darker in the evening!!

@Baby- YAY! PUPO!!! So fun! I hope this tww goes by quickly for you. Before you know it, we will be congratulating you just like we are Jackie!! I think you are brave, but I also think you know what you are doing, and if you are blessed by three babies, then you will rock it!

@Jesk - welcome! I think you are smart to not get your hopes up, but first time IUIs happen a lot. @Chaffins is a result of a first time IUI BFP! I did two, and they were unsuccessful - however, DH had really really low sperm count and morph, so IVF was really our only option.

@Basia- You might not remember but i wrote in here about feeling the same way as you. I felt so guilty because after the BFP excitement died down, i just did not feel connected. I always expected something bad to happen and I couldn't figure out why. I finally realized that I almost felt guilty for not being in the TTC/infertility club anymore. It was like i was experiencing withdrawals or infertility ptsd. I read up on it and found it was pretty common to feel that way after battling infertility for so long. What you are feeling is totally normal. I dont think i ever really let myself get super excited about this baby until after my 12 week u/s. We did the Harmony test that you are talking about at 12 weeks and it was SO worth it. I would have done it again. Our insurance covered it and being able to see our little baby in a more detailed view was really helpful. I also think seeing a little blob on the screen doesn't make it feel real still. At 12 weeks, we were able to see her looking like a baby. Also, once i started allowing myself to look up nursery ideas on Pinterest and looking into different strollers and car seats, i felt more connected. Not sure why, but it helped. I also didn't feel pregnant for a long time which i think had an impact on the way i was feeling. Same as you. To be totally honest, I wasn't 100% connect with this baby until i found out what she was, and started feeling her move. It's SO hard to connect with this being growing inside of you without feeling them move. that made a HUGE difference. Now i am to the point where i just want to meet her, hold her, snuggle her, and name her! I have also heard that once you pick out a name, it really helps the bonding. Anyway, sorry for the long post but I didn't have anyone to talk me through feeling the way you are right now, so just know its totally normal.

@margie-Thankful no one was hurt! Sorry you have to worry about all of that, but hey, whatever takes your mind off or the wait!! Finger's Crossed!

@TTC-I am sorry your IUI was so uncomfortable. I always had different people doing mine, which I really did not like. Hopefully you are feeling better by now!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo