Community post

Discussion

August 2018 Babies

View Full Post

I was in July but AF has arrived with a vengeance so I'm moving on to TTC an August baby.
Technically this is my 2nd cycle TTC. We started in spring and conceived right away but it ended in a loss. So the first month we were able to try again was October. DH is a truck driver so that makes TTC very difficult. My midwife called in BCP for me today, and I'm going to take them for 2 weeks to delay ovulation so that it will match DH home time for the next 4 months. I'm also Homozygous MTHFR and clotting disorder, so I am on baby aspirin, prenatals with methylfolate, and will start lydia Pinkham when I stop BCP. I need O to occur between Nov 24-29. Any earlier and we will miss it. We are swaying Girl, but only because they are harder to get (for us) and plan two more children total. I'll be happy with whatever we get though!

[url=https://lilypie.com]User image[/url]

829 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

21 - 30 of 829 Replies | Last Page

@beautiful i didnt temp last time..do you think you will feel less stressed if you stop?...i get some kind of dip every cycle so i dont get excited about those lol..maybe stop for a few days aftet and see how you feel

User Image

6 years ago

I just moved over from the July forum and now I am just waiting to ovulate. The app I use tells me I will be able to test on the 28th of this month LOL...I'm already looking that far ahead and haven't even started trying yet this month I just hope once i enter the TWW that i dont go as crazy as I did last month!

User Image

6 years ago

Hey Pearl325- HAHA! me too!! im still waiting as well.

Purplesummer- yes i think if i dont see my temp i wont stress much about oooh temp rise...ooh temp dip and start reading into symptoms. This is just MY thinking for ME! i know everyone is different. I think it will help, maybe start temp again @ 12dpo? 2 days before AF

6 years ago

Hello everyone and thank you for the welcome! We have been trying for our first since last December, so almost a year.

I have been using OPKs the last few cycles and have kind of enjoyed them. My ovulation has been right when I thought. I get pretty clear ovulation symptoms, which is nice. I used to temp, but after two years of temping to use natural family planning to avoid getting pregnant I am just done with it. I wake up almost every night to go to the bathroom and not at a consistent time, so my temp charts were always confusing and hard to decipher.

I'm on metformin for PCOS and I'm trying to eat a PCOS friendly diet and exercise 3 times a week. That had really helped my cycle to be regular. I'm also trying vitamin B6 this cycle to lengthen my luteal phase. It used to be 7 days and metformin has lengthened it to 9 days, but obviously I'd like it to be longer than that. If anyone has tips on lengthening a luteal phase, I am all ears! I tried progesterone cream 2 cycles ago and it didn't help at all, which was a surprise to me.

I've heard that the "implantation dip" is a myth. There is a temp dip that many ladies experience midway through the luteal phase, but it's caused by a surge of estrogen that happens at that time. I'd love to be wrong though, because it would be nice to have a way to get advanced warning of possible pregnancy.

I hope you ladies are finding fun ways to fill your time during the long waits, whichever wait it is. Why does everything about TTC take so long anyways?

User Image

6 years ago

@krista I really hope you get your bfp soon..you seem to be doing all the right things

This TWW has actually been better..no symptoms so no symptom spotting..lol..i think my cycle will be a few days longer maybe 26 vs 23/24.. so next week will be due 8th or 9th Nov based on my average luteal phase

@dragon how's it going in the TWW? I see your last temp has been higher than the previous..maybe a triphasic chart?..I've never had one but seem them on some bfp charts..keeping fingrs crossed and hope those temps stay high!

@beautiful and @Pearl hope your O comes on time and you can get some BD in at the right times

@callmecrazy how are you going?

User Image

6 years ago

@purplesummer1205. This tww has been the slowest ever. I've been marking my symptoms down as they happen. Been hearinf lots of gurgling all across my belly, having some af type cramps that almost makes me think that my period is on the way and my boob/nipples ache. Also had this horrible headache yesterday that lasted throughout the evening. Today's temp is at 98.4 so a slight dip. Not sure what triphastic means. How are you doing?

How is everyone else doing?

I only have one concern. If this work out that my concern is that when it comes time to implant that my daughter do something to cause it not to. She likes to kick her legs a lot and throw herself back on you. One day I was sitting and she went to sit on my lap but ended up sitting on my gut. I felt cramps after that and tummy ached. Also, I have one quick qiestion. My DH bought pineapple and wanting to cut it up. I read somewhere not to eat close to implantation time. Would cutting it up today and eating some be too late?

User image[/url]

6 years ago

@dragon im really hopeful for you this cycle..i wouldnt worry about 1 temp dip..lets see what happens next few days..as long as its above coverline..im sure playing with your daughter is fine too..i would think it would need to be a rwally hard kick as they are still tiny cells..
i hope someone can help on the pineapple..dont know too much about it..and i guess how soon is too soon..implantation is usually 7-10dpo but im not sure how you would tell..

the triphasic just means after the initisl shift at ovulation uou get a third shift to a higher level of temps..sometimes these are indicatove of bfp cycles but as with everything not always the case..lol..

User Image

6 years ago

@purplesummer1205. I am too so will have to see how the days progress. I cut up the pineapple and ate the pineapple I could eat off the core. I know you don't know but I am not sure if it's the remaining pineapple to eat or the actual core. I checked the implantation calendar and CD 7-11 with CD9 (Nov 3-7) being the most common (Nov. 5). Not much in symptoms today so trying to stay hopeful.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

so i think im out this cycle..had the temp drop i have everycycle just a day early[cry and af typre cramping this morning..

User Image

6 years ago

@purplesummer1205. How are things going. Did your temp ris back up?

AFM. I'm 9dpo and just had a temp drop to 97.8 so almost thinking that I am out and this is another 26-day cycle.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo