Community post

Discussion

Need an obsessing partner! ;)

View Full Post

Hey all, I'm 7 DPO and am going insane! I am quite shamed to admit, but I've taken 3 or 4 early tests already...even though I'm quite sure it's pointless! lol. I keep buying them and then sneaking them in because my bf already thinks I'm being crazy! hehe. Someone please stop me from taking another!

109 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 109 Replies | Last Page

Thank you ladies, so much! You kind words mean so much to me. It would be lovely to talk to someone, because, well, most of the time I'm a mess...lol. I wish a person could buy an ultrasound machine! After my first ultrasound I was over the moon for about 3 days, but then it sunk in that it could have stopped growing right after. I honestly do not believe I'm pregnant right now. Maybe it's just a coping thing since I've had miscarriages before? My ultrasound is on Tuesday, I'll be 11 weeks. I want Tuesday to come so bad, yet when I think of it, I feel as though I have ice in my veins I'm so scared. I can just imagine what's going to happen., they're going to say it's not there anymore. I haven't planned anything life-wise past Tuesday because I picture myself in bed crying my eyes out after. I can't imagine life after that day for some reason. What a pessimist I am!! I had a friend tell everyone at 9 weeks she was pregnant. For some reason I was mad. How dare she feel so confident. Doesn't seem fair. Man I wish I was having twins because I can say for certain I am not doing this again...lol. Anywho...enough of that!
Mc: I'll be thinking about you. When can you start the peeing on sticks? I think I started at day 10, but I have a short cycle. I did however spend 1 million dollars on them because I started too early hehe.

HH I just had a friend who went through years of fertility treatments with zero success announce today that they're expecting...and with twins! And it was naturally done! Maybe your body knows which egg will be the magic one and is holding it back until the time is right. Maybe to make up for it you'll have 2 next cycle! or 3! hehe. Are you using ovualation predictior kits?

9 years ago • Post starter

Good Sunday morning ladies,

HH - You are NOT old. And your ovaries are NOT crapping out. They're just taking a break... And it's also possible that you did O, but didn't catch in on the tests. I've had that happen before. And those hormones make everything so crazy that there's just no telling. Chin up, this is not the end. You will get your precious bundle of joy! I know you will. I can feel it!!

Kkimke - I know pretty much nothing will help until you see that baby. BUT, I've done some in-depth research, and from what I've read, the chance of MC goes down to just 3% after you see the heartbeat. And then down to a measly little 1% after the first trimester! You are so close. And we are here for you 100%, whatever the outcome! *hugs*

As for me... I'm either 9dpo pr 10dpo... The trigger shot is supposed to work 36hrs after injection, but for some reason I think mine was closer to 48hrs. Can't really tell you why... And this has been the weirdest TWW so far. I have had practically ZERO symptoms of anything. I feel really normal, which is really weird with all the Progesterone...

And then this morning... I got some very noticeable stabbing pains, which lasted about 2 minutes. Implantation? I don't dare to hope... But, again, other than that, I feel strangely normal. Except for the dreams last week, and baby songs running through my head at random intervals... Normal... No bloating, no cramps or twinges, no aches, no headaches, no mood swings... :-/ So, I'm not sure when I'll start to POAS. But it probably won't be for a few days yet. Thursday? Ok, maybe Wednesday... Gotta find some cheapies. They don't have them at our Walmart.

Baby dust & Happy bits and pieces!! (So many parts to keep happy...) Lol.

9 years ago

I just LOVE it when my body makes me eat my own words!... Lol. Whereas I've felt completely normal for the past week and a half, my full-blown, crazy-butt, TWW symptoms arrived today in full force! It's more than a little nuts to have felt so non-hormonal yesterday and then today... BAM! Abdominal bloating, check! Swollen, full bbs, check! mild cramps/pressure, check! Gas (I know, TMI...), check! What the heck?!

But the real reason I'm posting today... Kkimke, we will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending happy, baby thoughts your way! *hugs*

Baby dust and Happy Uteruses!

9 years ago

Hey Ladies,
Thanks so so so so much for the support. I was calm this morning and excited because I don't have to work tomorrow but now I'm starting to freak out. I wish they could put me to sleep and then I'd wake up and either 'negative' or' positive results' would be written on a paper. I'm so terrified of the whole waiting and looking at the tecs face to see if she looks concerned etc etc. It's such a killer!!! I have to go to the city for this one, so I don't know the techs and their policy. I just hope they tell me right away if it's not there. Yikes! I'm gonna start balling right now!! It's at 1, so I have the whole morning to loose my mind...lol. I'll write as soon as I have news. :))
Fingers crossed of all of us.

xoxoxoxo

KK- woohoo! Last night of waiting!! Fingers crossed for nothing but well deserved good news! I always thought that if I could get to the point of feeling movement, I'd be ok. It would be like proof of life all the time! I think that's like 16/18 weeks. (Looking ahead, because surely all will be good!) Given your history, the odds are in your favor! Thinking about ya! Uggh!!! Fingers crossed extra tight for a tech that doesn't torture you!

Mc- woohoo for you as well! I Think I called this as your month awhile back... Sticking with that! Yay for symptoms! I wish you sore boobs and nausea! Why doesn't hallmark make a card that says that? Hmmmm.... Maybe I'm onto something. This could fund my ivf clinic bills...

Joking, joking. But have you really not tested yet? Who is this girl? All full of pregnancy symptoms and positivity and anti-pee willpower...

So, just wanted to thank you ladies for filling me in on your progress. It's made it a lot easier to deal with my own nonsense when I can participate in some "wins" every once in a while. Doesnt matter how busy or miserable things are, I'm awaiting your appointments, testing days, GOOD NEWS as well.

C'mon baby kk and zygote mc!!!!!! (Zygote? I think it's a zygote, right)

9 years ago

Well, I hadn't tested b/c I didn't have any symptoms and I knew, it was scientifically impossible to get a BFP only a day or two after implantation... But I tested this morning... BFN :-( I get so let down seeing a negative... This is why I'm not a POAS addict. Logically I know that it's probably still too early to get a BFP. But I'll admit... Only to you ladies, of course, b/c I don't want to jinx anything... That I really thought it would be positive this morning. I feel hope like I haven't in the past. I feel like I really might be pregnant... Wow, it actually hurts to type that. Hope is such a fickle emotion :-/

Not as many symptoms today either. Boobs are still really full, but no other TWW stuff today... Yet.

Thinking about you, Kkimke!!
Thank you ladies for being here. It means the world to me. :-)
(Ok, maybe I'm a little moody and weepy today...) <sniffle>

Happy Uteruses!

9 years ago

Mc- one bfn down- no big deal. It is too early, I'm just amazed at your testing willpower! Just think about the symptoms! Let them keep you hopeful until the testing time is right. So exciting!

So, I'm using opk's. Maybe I missed ovulation but I don't even feel PMS symptoms. I dont know what's going on. I'm frustrated.
Ugh- the dh talked to a friend who went through ivf and mc and now has two kids that came along once she went on vacation and stopped worrying blah, blah blah.... Anyway- he suggested I just relax and stop stressing. I just don't know how this far in, he thinks this is still a possibility. And also, how does he not get that that's not a good thing to say? Uggh- frustrated in the differences in dealing with this. So yeah, it triggered a breakdown. I'm having a tough month- focusing on the successes of you girls. I'm out- so... Give me good news! (No pressure)

Happy uteruses!

9 years ago

Hello all, this is our first cycle of trying to get pregnant, so yes, I'm a little obsessed and afraid it might get worse as the months go on! I am 9DPO today and have already taken 7 tests. Got a big 'ole pack of the dip strips from amazon...less than $1 a test, so I don't feel too bad! So far negatives, although on day 5 I did have a slight line that was voted to be an evap line.

9 years ago

Hi Ladies!
Mrs. Carper: I totally get the whole testing thing before it's even possible to get a positive. I did that all the time. Guess I just like throwing money away..lol. But I always thought to myself, 'maybe I'm different, you just never know, it may be possible!" Turns out I'm not different. It's almost like I imagine a drinking or gambling problem would be like, it seems like a really good idea at the time but after you're done you're like 'how could I have been so silly?" lol. I aways say I'm going to wait but I never do. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't wait again. When I got my BFP I had a 'feeling' I was pregnant, so I think your feeling of hope is a very very good sign! Keep us updated!!

HH Don't you just love it how guys can say 'it'll happen when it's time, you just have to relax, blah blah blah' if relaxing was that easy a lot of people would be out of jobs, massasge therapists and psychologists to name a few!! I get more worked up when people say that to me. I find Im more calm the more I can control things, so things like becoming pregnant which can only be controlled to a certain degree are very hard for me. But maybe you could get a sweet vacation out of the deal anyway? :)
I'm sorry you two, I don't seem to be that good at cheering you up with words of wisdom, never been really good at that, and you guys are the best! Maybe you can teach me? Hehe.
Well, an update. I saw the baby. It was a terrifying beginning, the tech knew I was nervous because of my past (and perhaps because I was baling and shaking like a leaf) and she took forever to tell us that there was a baby there! I refused to look at the screen until she said something, but she was so quiet! I finally looked and said (well, screamed) "Is that a baby?!" she said yes so I screamed "Is it alive?!" and the answer was yes! It was really cool to see it move. We got a bunch of pictures and I can't help staring at them all the time. But the best news is that I was too early for the Nuceal exam, so I get to go back in a week! They were apologetic about me having to come back, but what could be better! I'd be there everyday if I could! Thank you so much for the support ladies! It'll be your turn in that ultrasound office before you know it!!!
xoxo

Kk- woohoo!!!!!!!! That's great news! Darn tech, making you wait to hear the news, she probably knew within 5 seconds of starting that all was ok! Uggh, the suspense! It kinda like having to read your whole post before knowing that all is ok! Ha! Just kidding. I always obsessed over the pictures! It's like a prize at the end to hold you over til next time! Which is only a week away! Awesome! I'm hoping it gets easier with each milestone.
Also, you are a great motivator. Understanding goes a long way! I think that's why we are here, right?

Mc- I agree, "feeling" pregnant is a big sign! I had the feeling with both pregnancies. Way to be strong! I always rationalized that if I tested early and it was negative, no big loss. But can you imagine the amount of worry I would have saved myself if it was positive And I found out early?!?! I think I just justified my addiction. Kk- got her good news- can't wait to hear your news. Good or bad- we are here. But, I think this is your month :)

So, I will be relaxing soon enough. We are going to Hawaii in a few weeks- this is actually the consolation vacation from the second mc. The first mc- I was so upset and the dh didn't know what to do, he offered up puppies and vacations and we ended up taking an impromptu trip. This one, we ended up scheduling 11 months after the mc- and I planned this whole trip assuming I HAD to be pregnant by then. So I am now scrambling to replan. Surfing and drinks and reckless behavior awaits me.

Fingers crossed for double lines and appropriate nuchal folds! (And some "relaxing"/debauchery for me:)

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo