Community post

Discussion

Need an obsessing partner! ;)

View Full Post

Hey all, I'm 7 DPO and am going insane! I am quite shamed to admit, but I've taken 3 or 4 early tests already...even though I'm quite sure it's pointless! lol. I keep buying them and then sneaking them in because my bf already thinks I'm being crazy! hehe. Someone please stop me from taking another!

109 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 109 Replies | Last Page

The dreaded test is tomorrow... :-(

They're making me take doxycycline today, tomorrow, and Thursday . Unfortunately, I've been nauseated and vomiting all day thanks to those blue pills! I'm calmer than I thought I'd be about tomorrow. Of course all that might change overnight tonight. Lol.

Honestly, I'm most worried that they'll find something wrong :-/...

But enough about my drama! How are YOU kkimke? How are things going? How's your state of mind?

And Harriet, how's this cycle? And how are you?

9 years ago

It made my day seeing posts from you ladies!
Kkimke- you're totally right! All this worry surely can't be helping our situations- it's just so hard to get out of the rut! I'm trying to keep busy and get in all the things I will hopefully be prohibited from doing if I get pregnant again!
How are you? Did you get an ultrasound yet?

Mrscarper!!!!! No worries! Tomorrow will be fine! Just another hoop for you to jump through! Let us know how it goes! Go pass your test, then treat yourself- you deserve a little happiness after all the worry!

So I am at dpo 5 today and I had to look Up what cycle day it was! I've been so busy that my obsessing has slowed! Nothing is happening yet minus one episode of a chocolate binge that I really wish I could blame on something maternal!

Baby dust and happy uterus dust, respectively.

9 years ago

So... I was right about my mental state changing overnight. I think I *maybe* got about 2 hours of sleep the night before. And then had all day yesterday to worry about it before my afternoon appointment.

It was really horrible... Almost as bad as I imagined it would be. (Which was the stuff of nightmares) I had a complete meltdown right before and it took both my DH (Who is the most amazing man. Ever.) and my nurse to get me to calm down enough to keep me from a full-blown panic attack... The test took 3x as long as it should have b/c she couldn't get the iodine to travel. She ended up having to use a balloon catheter to push the iodine from the uterus through the fallopian tubes... But! Everything is where and how it's supposed to be. (Trying really hard to focus on the positives here...)

So we've been given the green light to move forward with another IUI... Now I just get to wait for AF to show up and then start up those wonderful, sparkly hormones again! ;-D Hopefully all that iodine blew out the cobwebs down there and opened things up for some baby-makin'!

Kkimke - I'm definitely taking this opportunity to get in some "play time" that I'll go back to abstaining from next month. We're even going to a Wine Festival this weekend. My plan is to get sick of sushi and alcohol over the next 2 weeks so I don't miss it so much when AF arrives! ;-) Lol.

HH - "Happy Uterus" is going to be my motto for November. I definitely think you're right, that we need to try to stay positive. Which is really hard to do through all of this, but I like to think that it's just practice for all the challenging times ahead in parenting.

Baby dust and happy uterus!! ;-)

9 years ago

Woohoo! It's over! HSG passed! That's great news! November is your month! I'm sorry it was horrible- maybe all your bad experience are out of the way, hopefully the quota is filled and only good news from now on.

You know, I have to say, sushi and wine are my all time favorites. Of course I will give up anything to have a baby BUT... When I am pregnant, those are the only 2 things that can make me not so angry at pregnant women who complain. Because I really miss sushi and wine when I can't have it.
Also- for some reason, if I know women had fertility issues, I don't have the same negative feelings. Not that having to struggle makes you more worthy but I don't feel that jealousy that it was effortless.

Baby dust and happy uterus to you both.

Kimke- lots of wishes for minimal worries and strong heartbeats! This is your TWW x6.....

9 years ago

Hi Ladies! I'm so sorry that your test was horrible...but it's over and maybe it did blow out some cobwebs! :) When I was researching the HSG test it said that sometimes it does in fact clear a blockage that no one was aware was there. November is right around the corner!! Enjoy your wine!

HH you have a wonderful way with words...so positive! I am the same with you. I don't get overly angry at women who have fertility issues and are now pregnant. Give me a woman who does so effortlessly though, and she better watch out! lol. My BF doesn't understand the rage that I feel. Maybe I isn't normal, but it's what I feel. Can't even be around those ladies. I teach the same grade with a lady who is pregnant. This is her fourth kid. Not a big fan of seeing her big belly everyday.

So an update, I'm getting cramps in my kidney areas now, which has always indicated a miscarriage to me. I go for an ultrasound today. I am terrified. I guess it's better to find out now than later tho. Please cross your fingers for me.

Happy Uteruses to everyone! :)

9 years ago • Post starter

Been thinking about you since your post yesterday kkimke... I sure hope everything is ok. Just wanted you to know we're still sending lots of baby dust and happy uterus dust your way!

Enjoy your Saturdays ladies!

9 years ago

Hi ladies!!
- I totally get your rage with pregnant women! I don't go to baby showers and I avoid the baby sections in stores... I think it's normal. Well, that's what I'm going with anyway. I feel like I used to be normal- no jealousy about anything, happy for other people, not obsessive. After fertility issues and miscarriages, I've about lost my mind at times! The obsessing about my urine and symptoms, the rage against pregnant women or women in the store with an abundance of kids- how a simple lullaby played over a loudspeaker at the hospital can change my mood in an instant... I've lost my mind! Maybe it's some maternal instincts kicking in early... Who knows. Either way, the fact that we are all commiserating over similar experiences tells me it's normal, and ok. So thanks for sharing your craziness!

Ugh! Kimke- thinking about you!

Happy and cooperative uterus wishes all around!

9 years ago

Yep, I too gave up on baby showers years ago. I used to avoid the baby sections, and still do on a bad day. But I've been trying to desensitize myself to it lately. All in line with my attempt at positive thinking... "Won't that look perfect on my little one?"...
(Ok, I tried... Now hand me a drink!)

I tell ya what, this cycle is really not fair... I think because of all the hormones I've been on for the past few months, my body is in overdrive! I still feel like I'm ON the darn things, even though I'm not this month. I have all these TWW symptoms that are driving me crazy and don't even get to look forward to POAS! Lol!

If it weren't physically impossible, I would be thinking I was preggers... :-/

Baby dust and Happy Uteruses!

9 years ago

MrsC- I'm dying! That was a valiant attempt! Very impressive and worthy of a drink! I should try this positive thinking thing. If nothing else, there are more humorous fails and I would probably look more sane to the dh for attempting to act like a normal person! Act fertile= be fertile? Yup, I like it. I'm in.

Having said that, I may have thrown a wad of paper at a speaker that was playing that incessant lullaby at the hospital today. And I'm 12 dpo and I have cramps. Apparently bitterness does not equal fertility. But it does help PMS!

Uggh- wasted month for you mrsC! I say dribk a lot, eat sushi and cookie dough with raw eggs and soft cheeses.... Maybe irresponsibility =fertility?

Kimke- still thinking about ya! Fingers crossed!

Happy uteruses!

9 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the happy thoughts. Well, I saw a heartbeat. Never seen one in my life. It was pretty cool. I was so very happy for about 2 days and then I looked on the internet for people who have seen a heartbeat and then went on to have a miscarriage, and there are lots, so I'm back to my messed up self again...lol. My BF said he's going to disconnect the internet! I'm so bad for that! I know I'm being a negative nelly, but with two miscarriages behind me it's hard not to think that way.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo