Community post

Discussion

Anyone Testing This Week or Next Week??

View Full Post

I'm expecting AF tomorrow and I really hope that she has decided to leave me alone for a while or more like 9 months. I'm going to be testing in the morning tomorrow but I'm scared and very anxious.

Anyone else that's on just about the same cylce or any words of encouragement.

Good Luck to you ladies!

353 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

91 - 100 of 353 Replies | Last Page

@hopefully mommy your not out till the witch comes just stay happy and healthy... ND when you use digits try collect in a cup they are more accurate that way hold stick in for 20 secs recover top while still point down then lay flat ... I'm sure u caught the egg tho so this advice you want need

Afm dip progesterone test today waiting on results extremely hungry now and been sleep all day 8dpo 6 more days till testing

8 years ago

Gonna try very hard to wait untill Friday..that is 4 days before AF. Crazy dreams and montgomery tubercles noticed last 3 days. "Feel like something is off". Maybe baby!

8 years ago

Hello everyone,

How has everyone been? After the waiting and waiting I finally did the test. I have a bfp!! Much more bold than previous ones from (lost) pregnancies. It's taken from the day after my expected period but as I had an mmc last month, given the angst of that last cycle I didn't use anything other than the state of my cm as a gauge for ovulation so I can't be sure of my dpo. How reliable do you think that the first appearance of ewcm predicts ovulation?

@ HopefullyAMommy
Cramping before an expected AF (in fact, on the day of the expected AF) turned out to be a good sign for me. I've been trying to be as objective as possible these past five cycles and to not read into symptoms. When I had cramps this time around I felt sure that my period had begun. I had some wetness, cramps, tiredness - my usual combination for AF - and instead I got something else. Fingers and toes crossed for you!

@ twwtoolong
How was your opk result? Fingers crossed that you have your result! Its useful to know that an opk shows as positive before a temp rise but the 12hour window after measuring a temp rise is still potentially a 'swim-able' distance for the sperm.

@ utnurse1@yahoo.com
The wait is hard. Some kits can be used several days before an expected period with 87% accuracy (First Response is one such brand). I had no idea about montgomery tubercles. Quick check and check. Sounds like a good sign to me. Although I chose not to test till much later I have been in two minds about not just testing early so that I can monitor progression.

@ xoxojadorecouture
Good luck for testing!

I am hoping I can continue to use the First Response Rapid results tests to monitor my hcg levels for the next few days/weeks but I'm not sure if it will be easy to do as the pink line is almost as dark as the control line. Does anyone have any suggestions of home preg tests that will reveal a wider range of concentration levels of hcg?

I am pray that this one sticks. So so happy! Baby dust and sticky vibes to everyone. Thanks for being here to be an ear for me everyone xx

8 years ago

Lucidity - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is so exciting! Obviously monitoring for ewcm was the best thing for you!!!! If the test is already almost as dark as the control line, that is an amazing result! The dectection level of hcg should be written on the side of the test (early detection tests are usually as low as 10 ug/ml). If you want to track and see if the line gets darker and darker, I would just stick to the same level as what you initally used - or switch to a test that is a higher detection level when you feel comfortable to do so (the line might be fainter initially, so might be a bit of a mind game)! I am so excited for you! You must be over the moon!

HopefullyAMommy- glad it helped! Sperm can live for up to 3-5 days (esp if you used pre-seed which gives them a little help) - so doing it early before ovualtion is always a good thing! My fingers are crossed for you!

utnurse1@yahoo.com - good luck testing - try not to be too disappointed if it is a negative - 4 days before AF may be a little too early for some tests to detect anything (depending on the length of your cycle the little bean may not have implanted yet!). Keep us posted and try to not stress out about it!

Here is my update - the opk was close to a positive (not quite as dark as the control line), but I tested at around 2 pm and right after a big glass of water, so it may have been a little diluted. We bd'd when dh came home from work. There was a slight rise in my temp this morning (from 96.1 - 96.4) so thought I would do one more opk today and see. So likely I am ovulating either today or tomorrow (cd 14-15). So hoepfully we can bd again tonight and tomorrow.

8 years ago

xoxojadorecoture-thank you I'm definitely trying to keep it together. I definitely ordered some more of the sticks but I'll definitely give the digital ones a try again next cycle. Hopefully I wouldn't have to use them, but just in case. I hope you see your BFP this cycle though. Try to not test any earlier just to be on the safe side.

utnurse1-Good Luck hunny when testing, definitely keep us updated.

lucidity- I'm so excited for you hunny!! No more stressing just happy thoughts from this point on. Just be positive that your bean will stick and I'm wishing the best for you. This definitely give me some hope because I'm still here cramping on and off sometimes, but I'm trying not to pay it too much mind you know. I'm really excited for you though and definitely keep us updated!!!I agree with twwtoolong maybe you get a test that has a higher hcg level. I always used the digi ones. They always worked better and really well for me.

twwtoolong-I'm just trying to stay calm and hope that my bean is a sticky one. My bean doesn't know the amount of joy that I would feel and how I would be so much more happier for this cycle. On the inside Im kind of terrified. Let us know how the testing goes today. I hope you get in some good bding tonight too! Good Luck!

So an update on me is now I'm just on the waiting game officially now. This TWW is going to feel super super long and I am starting to already dread the wait. I told DH about it and he said that he is hoping for some good news in the end. I just hope that this is really my chance this time around. Im trying not to stress and be worried, but its definitely hard though.

8 years ago • Post starter

Lucidity, congratulations on your BFP! So exciting!

I am new here and am looking for some support. I'm finding it difficult to talk to my friends and family about my TTC journey and I am feeling alone in all of this. DH is supportive, but doesn't want all the details of ovulation, etc.

I am 3 days late for AF. I tested on Friday (which as 10-11dpo) and it was BFN. My BBT chart this month has been up and down and it's not obvious when I O'd. My temp was up this morning, but I don't think it's due to a late ovulation. I'm pretty sure I O'd at my regular time (cd 15/16) and that I just did a bad job charting this month.

So, I guess the late period could be due to either pregnancy or an AO cycle. I am hoping the first! I am thinking about testing tomorrow morning, which would be around 15dpo (not quite sure cause of my wacky temps).

Best of luck everyone!

8 years ago

Welcome Sophe28!

You have totally come to the right place - my DH is totally supportive as well, but really doesn't care about the details, just whether it's "go time"! lol

This is my first month temping, so I can't speak too much about that, but I have heard that your temps stay high if you are pregnant! When did you think you might test agian? 10-11 dpo may be a little too early to get a positive test.

Good luck and keep us posted!

8 years ago

Thanks, Twwtoolong!

I have one FRER left and I was thinking about using it tomorrow morning with FMU. I don't know. What do you all think? Since I might be having an AO cycle, should I wait it out or should I test tomorrow?

Here is a link to my bbt chart. You can see the awesome chart I had last month and the wacky one from this month:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5b6e64

Thanks everyone.

8 years ago

Sophe28 - I have been using fertilityfriend to track my temps this month too! You had a super clear bi-phasic cycle last month and you are right, this month is a little wonky comparitively. Where there any differences in how you were temping (time when temping, sleep being distrupted, etc)? it might just be that your thermometer needs a battery replacement.

Also, is this the longest cycle that you've had? If it is, I would probably test in the morning, especially given that your temp has risen nicely and looks like it's still climbing! If it's another bfn, maybe get checked out by your dr. to see what's happening!

Good luck! Keep us posted!!! I really hope this is your cycle!

8 years ago

Sophe28-Welcome hun and this is definitely the right place for you to be. Let's hope that the 3 turns into a nice healthy little baby. I don't kow to much about the temping too much but I really do hope that you get to see your BFP. Yes I think you should test in the morning, that's the best time to see if you can catch anything. See how that goes. Keep us updated!! Good Luck!!

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo