Community post

Discussion

Anyone waiting for AF in the next few days...

View Full Post

... and needing to share symptoms, worries, questions etc.

I've been ttc for 3 years. I have 2 children already, eldest is 7.

I stopped charting and temping for a while but this month decided for some reason that this was going to be "the month".

Anyway, I'm on either CD 14 (FF) or CD 10 (CDTP) depending on what you believe. Most people I've asked say FF is more reliable.

My temps are still high but so far BFNS (this morning and yesterday) and I don't feel pregnant at all. No symptoms of AF or pregnancy... apart from sore boobs last night but that's gone.

I'm feeling pretty down/nuts/anxious all at the same time - mostly despondent as the BFNs make me think if I was pregnant I should have got a BFP by now.

Anyone else want to share?
x

70 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

61 - 70 of 70 Replies

Sorry you are both having frustrating cycles! I had my progesterone blood test today and it was sky high! And it was only 4dpo when it was taken, so not yet at its peak! I really do wonder if I released 2 eggs... I so hope this cycle is successful!!! I am going away for a few days starting tomorrow. Visiting my 7 month pregnant sister and going to her baby shower. It is going to be really hard emotionally.

Dawniem the lots of EWCM on CD9 is a great sign! That is exactly what clued me in the cycle I got pregnant. I thought "what? this can't happen now!!!" and it did. And we got it! Hopefully you are just as successful.

Asuperfreak that is so annoying about your lack of temp rise. I understand as well!! Just hang in there and keep watching for signs of ovulation.

10 years ago

Shelob - that is great about your progesterone. Lets hope that it leads to a BFP. I hope your visit goes well with your sister. I understand about things being difficult emotionally :-(

Dawniem hope the TWW is being kind to you. I didn't know you could change the mode in FF. I have had fun playing around with that feature today. Thanks.

My temp went up this morning. Not as much as it usually jumps around O - but we shall see. This has just been a weird cycle for me. Guess I can throw myself into the TWW. I always feel pretty positive and upbeat around trying to conceive until I hit the TWW - then I switch into Biatch/grouch mode. I don't know if that is cause of the hormones or what. I hope I can exercise enough to get some happy endorphins or I am going to annoy the heck out of myself. (and prob my family too)

Take care of yourselves over this holiday season. Hope to hear of your BFPs soon :-)

User Image

10 years ago

Shelob - great news about the progesterone level - what a relief and something very positive and welcome I am sure.
I can imagine that the next few days with your sister will take some doing - I am so sorry you have to deal with all the emotions that will come up. Hang in there and look after yourself.

Asuperfreak - yes, playing around with the different settings is quite interesting - is it giving you different O dates or are you still waiting for the cross-hairs? I think they advise sticking to Advanced but if I do that then there is no ovulation detected at all.

According to the different settings and different website I am either 11, 8, 7 or 4 dpo - and for this reason I have stopped taking temps today and, as I said before just wait till CD30 to see where I am. That will put me at Christmas Eve!!

I know what you mean about being very positive and super up before O and then a b***ch in the tww.... this whole ttc is such a super-charged emotional ride.

Keep me posted with any news - I didn't really expect to find such wise cycle buddies and I certainly underestimated how helpful it would be to have someone to share your thoughts/craziness with!

xx

10 years ago • Post starter

How is everyone doing on the tww?

My temp is dropping :-( and took a FRER today (held out to CD24 when I took a Clearblue + but those hpts mess with your mind!) - BFN with FRER so I don't think it's good news this cycle.

How about you asuperfreak and shelob?

x

Hi! I am feeling great. My temp is high, but I know that is just because of the great progesterone levels. Can't help but enjoy seeing the graph though! I do have a cold, which is annoying. Five more days to wait...

Dawniem, sorry to hear your temp has dropped :( I hate that moment you realise that cycle probably didn't work and then it becomes just a waiting game.

I think I coped rather well with visiting my sister, and then a friend who had two unplanned (although wanted) pregnancies. It was a good time in my cycle to visit. I hate to think how emotional I would have been if it was the end of my cycle.

10 years ago

Shelob - glad your visit with your sister went well. I hope you can bookend a visit with your own BFP. Good for you to wait to test. I wish I had that patience. Tested today and BFN - so we shall see. Temps have just seemed flat to me this cycle. Not even sure if I really ovulated.

Dawniem - that sucks about the temp drop. It does become an emotional waiting game waiting for AF to confirm the temp drop. A BFN around Christmas sucks even more than usual. Drop or not, Your not really out until AF shows. Hopeful things are busy enough with your two kiddies over Christmas to keep your mind off of TTC.

Oh well, at least so far this TWW I have been in a much better mood. Maybe it is because I felt we had a shot this month or maybe because Christmas is coming. Christmas through the eyes of a two year old is pretty awesome. He is in love with Christmas lights :-)

I am keeping my fingers crossed for BFPs.

A

User Image

10 years ago

AF got me yesterday - but on a positive note, this means I can enjoy a glass of champagne of Christmas Day without feeling guilty.

Shelob - glad things went okay with your visit to your sister's - keeping my fingers crossed this is your cycle.

Asuperfreak - weird temps - tell me about it. I know how frustrating that is... hope things go okay. A 2 year old, now that's what Christmas is all about... lovely to see their faces on Xmas morning. Mine are 11 and 7 so cynical beyond their years - but it's still fun.

I will keep this short but hope you both have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Thanks for keeping me company for the past two cycles..
xx

Looks like I am out this cycle too :( Started spotting yesterday, with intense cramping in the evening, and this morning my temperature has dropped. I am not happy.

Dawniem, I agree it is great to have good people to chat to about things. It stops me whinging to my husband too much :) I hope you all have a great Christmas and we shall try again in the new year...

10 years ago

so sorry to hear about your temp drop Shelob ... as you said to me, it isn't over until AF appears, but I know how gutting it is... let me know how it goes

x

Yes, it has been very nice to have you guys to share the journey. I think I am out - not completely sure. Period started then almost stopped. Negative Hpt and temps have not dropped yet. It feels all very screwed up. It is messing with my head. Tomorrow was my due date for Audrey so I a little messed up.

So looking forward to ringing in a new year. I am feeling totally done with 2013.
Have a great Christmas ladies.
A

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo