Community post

Discussion

Anyone waiting for AF in the next few days...

View Full Post

... and needing to share symptoms, worries, questions etc.

I've been ttc for 3 years. I have 2 children already, eldest is 7.

I stopped charting and temping for a while but this month decided for some reason that this was going to be "the month".

Anyway, I'm on either CD 14 (FF) or CD 10 (CDTP) depending on what you believe. Most people I've asked say FF is more reliable.

My temps are still high but so far BFNS (this morning and yesterday) and I don't feel pregnant at all. No symptoms of AF or pregnancy... apart from sore boobs last night but that's gone.

I'm feeling pretty down/nuts/anxious all at the same time - mostly despondent as the BFNs make me think if I was pregnant I should have got a BFP by now.

Anyone else want to share?
x

70 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 70 Replies | Last Page

sorry asuperfreak - it sounds like you've had a really tough old time recently. How long have you been ttc-ing? Best of luck with this new cycle.

For me, getting AF at least means that my body is working properly. I've had some 26 days cycles over the past year which mean I'm probably perimenopausal - which is scary and depressing - so getting my period at least means I can still get pregnant.

I think I will try acupuncture - as I have read some positive reviews. I think i have some other hormonal issues that need to be sorted out which are contributing to a lack of a pregnancy. I've had hormonal acne for the past 1.5 years, and my hair is thinning and dry - I know, great right?! What an advert for being in your 40s I am!!

shelob/asuperfreak - will you be continuing to chart for this new cycle? The way our charts work we have a chance of getting a BFP on Christmas Day! But also a BFN on Christmas Day - I'm debating whether to carry on this cycle or just take a break.

shelob - I'm not convinced by anything I've read about progesterone either and think our doctors would prescribe it if it helped. What other ovulation inducers are there? I worked with a nutritionist who suggested Vitex/chasteberry - but again it made me feel quite weird and headachy.

still waiting for AF - but temp dropped again this morning - so it's on its way.
x

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies,

I am 13 dpo and expecting AF to arrive tomorrow. Since about 9dpo I have been waking to a runny/stuffy nose and very sore boobs(this is unusual for AF) then my breast soreness is on and off throughout the day. My tummy has been acting up lately as well and my cramps are mild from my usual AF cramps. If I am pregnant this will be my 2nd ( my 1st ended in miscarriage at 5 weeks). Next cycle I will be starting Clomid and trying mucinex with it if I didn't conceive. Last month I had a hsg done and everything was normal. Baby dust to all!!

10 years ago

Hi amberlea

fingers crossed for a BFP for you!

x

Ya, it is tough to know whether to try this cycle - a BFP for Christmas would be nice but a BFN not so great.
Either way I know that I will be a complete and total mess this Christmas as our due date for Audrey was December 23.
I am going to keep charting anyway.

I felt quite weird when I took the full does of vitex too. Although just one a day seemed to be ok. I don't know if just one a day has any benefit but right now it helps for me to feel I am doing something.

I hate the wait for AF after the temp drop. Actually I find the last week of the two week wait exasperating. I think between the wondering and the hormones I am a disaster. I am much better the rest of the cycle.

If we get pregnant again we are supposed to start progesterone right away, my doc said that there is no conclusive evidence. But she also said it won't hurt anything either :-)

Hope everyone gets a nice Christmas present this year.

amberlea20 - we had trouble conceiving for 3 years and that Hsg test was the trick for us. I still am blocked on one side but for some reason after each HSG test we got pregnant right away. If we don't get pregnant in the next few cycles I will be trying to get a third Hsg :-)
Good luck - hope that gives you your BFP!

User Image

10 years ago

Oh, I'm so sorry asuperfreak... that's very sad. What a beautiful name - Audrey - really beautiful.

I know what you mean about the last week of the tww - for me it feels like everything is in limbo until I find out whether it's BFP or AF... my mind is mush and I can't focus on anything else.

I had an HSG a year ago and i was told by my doctor that a lot of people do get pregnant after having one because it kind of "gets rid of all the cobwebs" - her words not mine!

Oh well, AF still not here but showing signs so looks like tomorrow for definite.

x

Thanks dawniem and asuperfreak :-) I'm still waking to sore breasts and a stuffy/runny nose.

10 years ago

I will be charting this cycle. I always chart, since my second cycle of TTC. I hate not knowing for sure when I ovulated. Because my cycles are so irregular (much more so before the clomid) I really needed that assurance we had tried at the right times!

I had noticed the christmas thing too. i wasn't sure how to feel about it. If I ovulate on my median (CD17) then I would be testing on Christmas day. Or, AF could arrive that day which would NOT be fun!

Amberlea those symptoms sound promising. Hope AF hasn't arrived for you!

asuperfreak that will be hard for you around Christmas. My baby would have been due in October, and five of my friends had babies that month. I was NOT in a happy place emotionally. I hope you are busy and distracted enough to cope with it! It would make it SOOO much better if you got pregnant this cycle!!!

10 years ago

Thanks shelob!! AF was due to come to day and no show so far. Lately it has also been hard for me to sleep on my tummy.

10 years ago

I had that kind of feeling when I was pregnant! It was strange because I hadn't gotten much bigger, just bloated. But i found that putting a pillow under one leg and using that to prop my tummy partially up helped tremendously. So comfy too!

10 years ago

Thanks for the tip!! :-) I'll try that tonight. Hope everyone gets a BFP!!

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo