Community post

Discussion

thermal shift 4 days after + OPK?

Hi

I would appreciate your thoughts on when I ovulated.

I have been using the clear blue dual hormone opk this cycle - the one that gives you a flashing face at high fertility and a solid face at peak fertility.

You are meant to test once a day in the morning but according to Clearblue you can also test again in the afternoon once you've seen the high fertility symbol.

I got just the flashing face on CD 11 in the morning, but then got the steady smiling face in the afternoon so I believed this had detected my LH surge.

I couldn't use the same test for the next morning as the smiling face had not disappeared - I assume once you get the steady face it stops working? - so I tried a new opk holder on CD12 in the morning - it gave me the flashing face again and I had flashing faces right up to CD14 when it went back to being -opk.

I had EWCM on CD 11 and 12 - and pretty much BD'd as much as we could.

I usually seem to see a two-step thermal shift - i.e. the day after ovulation my temp goes up by about 0.2 and then the next day goes up by 0.4. But this cycle it doesn't look normal as in, the biggest thermal shift was about 4 days after the supposedly +ve opk.

Not sure what is going on and thinking I might have actually ovulated later... in which case I think we got the times of the BD'ing all wrong.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Dawn x

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi there. I always get a second shift 4 days after I ovulate. Progesterone is increasing each day and I figure there must be a surge then. Your other signs all point to you ovulating when you thought you did. :)

10 years ago

Thank you she lob - I think you might be right. I've just come across quite a few sites which say your temperature can take 2 or 3 days to rise after ovulation.

I guess I will just have to wait and see. I don't think i will use the dual hormone opks from now on though... but let's hope I don't have to!!

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo