Community post

Discussion

Anyone waiting for AF in the next few days...

... and needing to share symptoms, worries, questions etc.

I've been ttc for 3 years. I have 2 children already, eldest is 7.

I stopped charting and temping for a while but this month decided for some reason that this was going to be "the month".

Anyway, I'm on either CD 14 (FF) or CD 10 (CDTP) depending on what you believe. Most people I've asked say FF is more reliable.

My temps are still high but so far BFNS (this morning and yesterday) and I don't feel pregnant at all. No symptoms of AF or pregnancy... apart from sore boobs last night but that's gone.

I'm feeling pretty down/nuts/anxious all at the same time - mostly despondent as the BFNs make me think if I was pregnant I should have got a BFP by now.

Anyone else want to share?
x

70 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 70 Replies | Last Page

Hi. Did you mean 10 or 14 DPO rather than CD?

I am 15 dpo. Very sad today as my temperature dropped this morning and so I started spotting this afternoon. AF on its way. I expect it to start tomorrow.

10 years ago

Oh hun - sorry to hear that. Do something nice for yourself today - big glass of wine and then another chance to try again.

My temp is still up... but think FF and CDTP underestimate how long my luteal phase is - I think it's been 16 days for the past few cycles which would mean AF will come on Monday.

Started pink spotting yesterday and feel that horrible full feeling before AF today...

would be happy to be cycle buddies for the next go round!

x

10 years ago • Post starter

I am either 10 dpo (ff) or 8 dpo (cdtp).
This is our first cycle trying after our preterm loss at 23 weeks. I can totally relate to feeling down/nuts/anxious.
Other than some cramping earlier this week no other symptoms.
I am trying to not be obsessed wih testing, but I am sure I will give in to my addiction in the morning.
Good luck - I hope you get a BFP in the morning

User Image

10 years ago

shelob - yes, meant dpo not CD. FF says I am 15 dpo today. If I were to believe CDTP I am 11 dpo. TCYOF says I am 14 dpo.

asuperfreak - so sorry to hear about your loss.

Wishing you a BFP very soon !

it's crazy isn't it how wound up we get. I think I trust the FF charts more in terms of when I ovulated but I think my luteal phase is 16/17 days which means i ovulate on CD11 of a 28 day cycle.

My cycles vary between 26 and 28 days usually.

Hi dawniem! AF arrived yesterday evening. Sigh! This cycle I will be on 100mg clomid. Have you had any more test results?

asuperfreak that is so sad you lost your baby at 23 weeks :( I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks, and that was devastating enough. We had an idea things weren't right from the start as it was measuring small in the scans and my HCG was not rising well. No idea what caused it though. Do you know what went wrong? Sounds like you are back in the game, so that's good :) The emotional side is so hard.

10 years ago

Aw, that's too bad shelob. I always feel at least some relief to be out of the waiting game when AF comes - rather than am I/aren't I... that sends me loopy.

My temp dropped by 0.6 of a degree this morning which looks like a huge drop so around about three hours ago I was convinced AF was coming today or tomorrow...

thing is I've started feeling suddenly very nauseous - driving home from dropping my son off at football I almost had to pull over to throw up (sorry, not a good image for you). So now I'm obsessively googling "bbt drops followed by BFPs".

I was relieved this morning when I thought AF was on its way because at least it's closure and I thought I could start again with a new cycle - but now, still waiting for AF to show up and going nuts.

I think i might go get a test this afternoon... thing is in the past I have had chemical pregnancies, and blood tests show I have had low progesterone levels - so it seems getting pregnant doesn't look like it's the problem, but staying pregnant.

Anyway - will keep you posted. How are you finding clomid or is it your first time using it?

x

This will be my 5th cycle on clomid. The other 4 were 50mg though so this one could be interesting. I have had quite a variable response to it. Some months great, some dreadful and they thought I wouldn't even ovulate. In terms of side effect all I have had is hot flashes. With double the dose that might change though. It has definitely helped my progesterone level because I have never had as much creamy cm before, and I have been experiencing much reduced spotting at the end of a cycle. Temps stay up higher for longer too.

I am worried about chemical pregnancies so don't test early. I'd rather not know. And I agree with you on the feeling relief when AF does show up. You always have that niggling feeling beforehand of "but I might be..." I have had some of those feelings of nausea (though not that bad) towards the end of a cycle. I wonder if either the hormone change upsets you stomach, or otherwise I think it could just be from thinking about perhaps? Anyway, with a temp drop most likely not pregnant. I have seen the odd chart on fertility friend where a person has been pregnant with a temp drop.

10 years ago

Yes, you're more than likely right about AF... it's due tomorrow at the very latest.

I will be very relieved when it comes.

I was on clomid for one cycle but it didn't agree with me - I had severe headaches and yes, hot flushes all the time. I never understood why the advice was to boost oestrogen to give you a higher level of progesterone.. i've heard doctors in the US prescribe progesterone suppositories/cream post ovulation for women who have low progesterone but here in the UK doctors don't do that and are very wary of it.

We've had numerous tests - both me and my dh are healthy and seem to be working okay. My husband has low sperm motility but the doctor said that he has such a high sperm count that it compensates for the low motility i.e. 10% motility of a very high number of sperm is like average motility for an average number of sperm - if that makes sense. Obviously my dh was very impressed with himself!! the only thing against us is our age - I am mid-40s, he is mid-50s.

I had blood tests for the cycle that I had my chemical and on day 21 my progesterone was apparently "too low" to make a pregnancy viable. I was disappointed with the doctor though - she pretty much said there was nothing she could do for us.

This time round I'm thinking of trying acupuncture and reflexology but maybe in the New Year. I might take a break from ttc in the run-up to Xmas just so i can relax and enjoy the holiday season.

How about you - are you charting for your new cycle?
x

My AF arrived this morning. On to the next cycle.

dawniem - I totally recommend acupuncture. I think it just helps prepare the body to become pregnant (maybe more mentally than physically?)

User Image

10 years ago

Hi girls.

Sorry to hear that asuperfreak. I hope you are okay emotionally.

dawniem here in New Zealand they don't prescribe progesterone either. There is no data indicating it prevents miscarriages at all, and rather it has been shown to prolong the process which is not good. That's not good about the headaches etc you had with clomid :( Have you tried any of the alternative ovulation inducers?

With the oestrogen thing, the clomid acts as an inhibitor. It binds up the oestrogen you are producing and therefore your body thinks oh no, I need more. As part of that process more of the FSH and LH is made too which then encourages the development of follicles. Because you tend to have bigger or more follicles, more progesterone is also produced by the corpus luteum when the egg is released.

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo