Community post

Discussion

Why am I bleeding??

I got my last period on time- April 4th, and now around the time I was supposed to be ovulating I started bleeding again, but 2 weeks earlier than my next expected period. I stopped taking BC (pills) about a month or a few weeks ago and have been TTC these past few days. Why am I bleeding? Is it withdrawal bleeding? Is my period early? Help!! Also is there any chance I'm pregnant even with this bleeding?

3 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I want to start off by saying, definitely not an expert, but here's what I think:

What type of bleeding do you have? Is it as heavy as your normal period or lighter? Some women experience a light bleeding (usually pink or brown) around the time of ovulation, so what you're experiencing could simply be a sign of ovulation.

Withdrawal bleeding usually happens a few days after you get off of the pill, so based on the timeline you mentioned it doesn't seem like it's that.

Because you had your period on the 4th, it doesn't seem like you would be pregnant, but some women do continue to bleed...not that common though.

Of course, you know your body better than anybody on here, so if you think it's weird you should definitely go to the doctor. They will have much better answers than I do.

Hope that was at least slightly helpful.

User Image

7 years ago

It just started a few hours ago but it's been very light. I had sex on April 9th, 12th, 16th and 18th in hopes of getting pregnant. I took an OPK for the first time yesterday and it was negative (test line lighter than control line)

7 years ago • Post starter

I would take another OPK. It could be positive now. If it remains light, it could be a sign of ovulation. Because you recently got off of the pill, you may be a little extra fertile this month. Or bleeding around ovulation may just be normal for you.

User Image

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo