Community post

Discussion

weird spotting on days 5&6dpo

hello took opk on 5/18 was positive and since yesterday 5/23 which is 5dpo I've been having red pink and now.brown spotting just wanted to know if anyone experienced this.with positive outcome I'm on 6dpo now tommorw will be 7dpo any advice thankyou in advance

9 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

Yep, i had exactly the same thing. I ovulated and then from 5 DPO until around 10DPO i had brown spotting which i never get before AF. Also had sore breasts from 5 DPO which is unusual for me too. At 19 DPO I tested and it was positive!!!!! I knew something wasnt right from that early and I was right! Good luck i hope you have the same outcome! :)

10 years ago

Ok thankyou this is relief to know..I'm HOPING and PRAYING its good news! But still worries me because NEVER spotted like this before AF I'm 7dpo today abd still brown spotting this morning with some cramps and massive headache!! When would u say is a good day to test? Thankyou for your reply

10 years ago • Post starter

Well it does sound verrry similar to what i had.. but suppose you never know until you get that positive!! :/
Erm.. i would wait at least until a day after when your period should normally be and then test. As i think testing before this may possibly come out negative even if you are pregnant. When i tested i think i was about 4 days late and just literally did a test thinking it would be negative and convinced AF would show in the next few days! Was completely shocked!!!!! So maybe try do the same and keep thinking that AF will come and if it doesnt it will be great!
When is AF due?

10 years ago

AF is due anywhere from june 1st to june 6th!!! And my bday is the following week so that would really be great if I am!! If AF DONT show up ill test on my bday!! ;) fingerscrossed!!!!!

I have my fingers crossed for you too hun! I hope you get the news you want!!! How long you been trying for? Is this your first? :)

10 years ago

I have a 5yr old daughter and ttc number2 jus had a miscarriage bk inDec so been trying for about six months now seems like forever!!!! Feels like its never GOING to happen!!!!! Hoping and praying to God something good comes soon! Thankyou!!

Any news?? X

10 years ago

Hi I'm 10dpo today was thinking of maybe testing tomorrow morning how soon did u test positive? Thankyou for checking on me :)

Hiya, I was 19 DPO but i only left it so long as i didnt think i was pregnant due to the spotting. I spotted really early and thought that it could be implantation bleeding so all was looking good, then it stopped and started again around the time i would normally have my period so i thought i was out! Then.... it stopped again and i didnt think anything of it so i carried on as normal and then just randomly decided to test at 19 DPO (i dont know why i did) and it was positive!i suppose theres no harm in testing.... and if it is negative you can try again in a few days anyway :)

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo