Community post

Discussion

mother nature must be toying with me...

Hi everyone! It seems I'm in the same boat as a lot of other women right now. AF was supposed to rear her ugly head this past Thursday, but still hasn't shown up. Um 15 dpo and have had a plethora of bfn's. Called my Dr. this morning to inquire about a blood test, but still waiting on a call back. I'm not ever this late, and dh and I weren't actually concentrating on trying this past cycle. Have a few symptoms, but nothing major...odd cramping, tender breasts, some queasiness. What could it all mean? Am I pregnant? What if the blood test shows bfn too? Getting really stressed about not knowing....anyone have advice?

User Image

15 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 15 Replies | Last Page

Hi!

I really hope your blood test shows a bfp!! What brands of hpt have you been testing with? If you're using cheapies i would suggest going out and buying a clear blue digi or a frer.

I have been where you are before and unfortunately made it all the way to 21dpo still getting bfn's... turned out I was so stressed about weather af was going to show or not that my stress caused her to be late! Hope that isnt the case for you!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

Thank you so much! I've used answer test strips, fr-6 days sooner, ept, top care, and the list goes on lol.

Finally got a call back; picking up the lab paper at lunch and heading to the lab after work. Hopefully will know something by Wednesday. They said if the blood test shows a bfn, to wait and keep monitoring things. I hate the hurry up and wait approach! Lol. But if it's a bfp, my first appointment will be scheduled. Keeping my fingers crossed.

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

I'm in the same boat as you, BFN 16 dpo, now at 19 dpo and still no AF, gonna test again tomorrow but this has been the longest TWW ever.....
Keep up updated on you blood test and sticky baby dust to you!

13 years ago

crashbunny - LoL, I dont blame you for using so many different tests! Glad you got an apt to get blood work done! Let us know how it turns out! I hope the next 2 days go by quickly for you! Sending lots of your way!!

Samantha - Good luck to you too! Hope you get an answer soon!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

Samantha, I know this may not come as any consolation, but it's nice to know we aren't the only ones in this situation! Perhaps it's time for you to inquire about a blood test as well? Gah, this 2WW is indeed the worst!!

My step-sister (who also happens to be one of the bestest friends I've ever had) is also having the same problem - she's 20 days late for and she's going crazier than I am. She's trying to make an appointment this week for a checkup, as she miscarried at 9 weeks in January, and was devastated. (on the upside, our parents are very supportive of us, and hope that we can both go through this together).

I was that told the Dr. may have the results tomorrow. That doesn't mean I'll have the results, but at least I can call before the end of the day to inquire. I'm so nervous and downright scared of a bfn. I promise to let you all know what happens.

User Image

Ladies, I have a situation that threw me into a panic attack. Still waiting for test results, but I had some pink tinged mucous ...I think I've started spotting. A friend told me not to assume anything yet, until either I begin a heavy flow, and/or get the test results back. I'm so crushed right now. What does it all mean?

User Image

crashbunny - I am so sorry to hear you are so stressed out... I agree you shouldnt read too much into it until you get full flow or your test results.
I am in a similar situation, I have had no signs of af thus far, had a bbt drop on Friday then it jumped back up, then this am it went back down to coverline again. Last cycle when this happened af showed up that day or the next day (cant remember) So i am trying so hard not to think the worst... it was cold him my house this am, so I am hoping thats the reson for the drop.
for both of us!

13 years ago

Well. The test came back negative, and spotting seems to have stopped, for now. If I don't get a full flow I'm to wait another week or so and test again. Thank you ladies!!! Mean so much to me.

User Image

crashbunny - sorry the test was negative... hopefully af wont show and you will still get you bfp in a week or so!! I had a friend get her bfp when she was like 2 months pregnant... not sure why it took so long, but anything is possible!! Good luck!!

13 years ago

I'm so beside myself right now. Wouldn't it figure that Mother Nature would wait until after I got my test results to decide to open the flood gates? I'm flowing heavier than I have in a long time, and the cramps and now a migraine are about a 7 on a scale of 1-10.

About two hours after I got the test results, I got another phone call from my doctor's office. They want me to go in on cd22 (May 17th) for blood work - they want to test my progesterone levels to make sure I'm ovulating the way I'm supposed to be. They also want a sperm sample from dh to check his little swimmers, just to be sure that he is ok too.

I'm confused about it all, but I didn't say no to any of it. If it helps us to figure things out and conceive (we started trying in October), then I'm all for it, and so is he.

At least we've got some peace of mind right now. That, and, practice makes perfect, right? I'll have to keep you all updated on how things go with the testing. Wish us luck!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, E2E, because I've known many women who've had a drop then a rise, a few times in a cycle, and have turned out to be carrying a little miracle! Do please let us know how things go!

User Image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo