Community post

Discussion

Going mad waiting for AF - need some company?

Hi ladies

Anyone in the same boat and waiting for AF,

I am now cd31 - usually a 28 or 29 day cycle so this is rare for me. AF should have come Sunday or Monday but didn't. But I've been having BFNs for the past few days.

I got the flu at the start of this cycle and lost quite a bit of weight and I've heard those two things can throw your cycle off. But I had ECWM at the usual time and we bd-d a lot over that time.

Three days before AF was due I was the bitch from hell - this is usual for me! Since then I have had light cramping and have been sure AF was coming - today the cramping has almost disappeared.

I am telling myself not to be stupid and get my hopes up. We have been ttc for 2.5 years - a lot of disappointment along the way. I am sure I would have got a BFP by now if I was really pregnant - it's more likely that having the flu and the weight loss has thrown my cycle off.

Usually as soon as I post on here, AF comes so maybe i am jinxing myself again

Anyone else going mad waiting for AF and needs a little company?

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Aw hun, it may be that you ov'd just a few days later than normal so in fact it may still be a little early to test. if you've been ill and lost weight both those independently can affect your cycle so really you've given it a double whammy. FC you get a BFP in the next few days
Laura x

Laura, “It’s going to be okay in the end. If it’s not okay. It’s not the end.”

11 years ago

Thanks for the support.

I know you are probably right Laura and that I o'd later than usual - though if this is the case we probably missed doing the deed at the right time!

Oh well. It's weird because I had all my usual PMS symptoms last week as if AF was about to start on Sunday as per usual.

Lots of light cramping which has been going on for about 4 days now which is not normal - but as this isn't a normal cycle then... well, who knows!

Anyway - I've decided not to test again till the end of the week. It's my fiance's birthday on Saturday and I would really love to give him a bfp birthday present!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo