Community post

Discussion

Provera then Clomid

So pending the results of my u/s in the morning I should be starting Provera 10mg for 5 days to jump start AF since she is on vacation again...then I am supposed to be starting clomid 50mg but will not for sure know what CD's I will be taking it on until Wednesday. I know it can take a while for the Provera to get things going but I am confused about what day I would count as CD1 for sure and when approximately I should start BD'ing. I was told by a friend on CTP that around CD10 to start doing my OPK's which I plan to do! Also, will the Clomid affect my BBT, should I even temp this cycle or should I just do the OPK's...opinions, suggestions, and experience are more than welcome and appreciated!

User Image[img]

4 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hi my dr did the same thing for me after AF not coming til cd 35 last month but didnt need the provera and I started clomid for the first time on cd3-7 and I dd temp just to see and I had major hot flashes and temp rise while on it now I'm cd 13 waiting to ovulate I am in fertile period just waiting to ovulate I thought I had a positive opk on cd 11 but no temp rise yet so waiting it may have been lighter then control line! I did start opk testing cd10 an clomid can give false positive so I have been bd every other day and checking cm along with taking mucinex and using pre seed with soft cups! Hope this helps you! Good luck and baby dust keep posted!

User Image

11 years ago

Sorry for all emoticons my phone went crazy

User Image

11 years ago

I was told I wasn't ovulating and that's why my periods were either very irregular or MIA my doctor had put me on provera 10 mg for the first week of every month, after my second month I became so busy with working I forgot to refill my prescription. I ended up falling pregnant that same Month! After no protection with my bf for over 5 years I was convinced I couldn't conceive , sometimes all ur body needs is a kick start witch is what provera does :)

11 years ago

Hi. I'm kinda new to this site but wanted to hear some stories/advice from other gals on clomid. Here's a brief rundown on our situation: decided to start ttc in Aug. 2011 and conceived immediately, however, miscarried at 12wks 6days (I remember exactly bc we were driving to see family for thanksgiving to tell them at the "13 wk safe mark"). Needless to say, like most women, I took it really hard yet wanted to keep trying again immediately. No luck since. Since then, I've had irregular periods and trouble determining whether I've been even ovulating. In Oct. 2012, went to a new ob (we moved across the country so I'm sure that stress added to my lak or periods) and she ran tests/ultra sounds and everything seemed ok so she just put me on metformin to regulate periods. It seemed to help as it shrunk the amount of time btw periods, however, no baby. Currently, I am on CD 7 and taking my last tab of clomid tonight (along with my regular regimen of metformin 2/xs daily). So far so good as far as my symptoms - just a few night sweats and dull cramping - hoping this is a good sign. Any tips of when to start BDing? Like the other comment, I plan on using the Opk on CD 10.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo