Community post

Discussion

Red spotting and now brown... almost 5 wks

I know, I know spotting in early pregnancy is common - but this did not happen with first child. I don't think I saw blood the whole pregnancy. I am thinking implantation planting for AF wasn't due till today and got first postive HPT 2 days ago. I don't go to doctor's till the end of the month. I am afraid to continue my workouts like running, which could cause more harm.

Any advice... btw, only spotting today was some brown old blood. No more red and very dull cramping.

Thanks.

3 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

If it's only 1 day I wouldn't worry yet, but if you are trully anxious (most of us are), call your ob. I'm not trying to scare you but this is how my
m/c went down : i spotted light brown for 2 days on day 3 my spotting got darker and a couple hours later got heavier and turned dark red. The cramping feels like af times 3. That's when I called my ob and he had me come in on a saturday. Now.... you stated that this is the day you are supposed to start af? That's usually around time for ib. Best luck to you.

13 years ago

Hello

I had lots of bad cramping early on (so bad it woke me from my sleep) and went straight to the hospital - they took my HCG levels over 48 hours and everything turned out fine. The doctors were great and didn't make me feel as if I was making a fuss.

If you spotting has been brownish and very light you could well be right - it could be implantation bleeding.

Please don't sit there worrying :-)

Let us know how you get on.

LX

pregnancy week by week

13 years ago

Thanks for response. Well I have had no more spotting or any discharge. Also the dull cramping gone. Did another digital test and positive. Being much better now.

13 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo