Community post

Question

Positive opk

I got a positive ovulation strip. My partner and I BD the twice the day before once the day of but he couldn't finish the day after I got the positive. Are my chances still good? I didn't actually ovulate until 24 hours after I saw the two lines right? Just wondering if anyone had success not BD after the peak?

user submitted image

1 Answer • 2 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Sperm lives up to 5 days. So it is better to have lots of sex leading up to ovulation because then there is already lots of sperm waiting. However, it is hard to pinpoint exactly when a woman ovulates. OPKs clue you in on when you are getting an LH surge, but it can still be 12-48 hours after you see your positive that the egg is released. My husband and I call it our Week-O-Love because we set aside an entire week to be extra romantic and try for a baby. We give each other massages, spend extra time kissing throughout the day to make it more than just baby making. That way we cover all of the fertile days. When I finally get that positive opk, we already have 4 days worth of sperm ready to greet the egg, but also another day or two after just in case.
There is a method called The Sperm Meets Egg Method. Look it up, very informative.

2 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo