Community post

Question

what are the explanations for when your cervix is so high its unreachable?

Okay so....im not asking if im pregnant i could take a test to determine that...but im googling what it means when it is high because i am having some minor discomfort in my cervix.
but to be honest every answer is different.
and its so high i cant reach it. does this mean my period is coming?i was due yesterday and now im spotting?? gah. i ahte my body. lol

User Image User Image User Image

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

What I have read and heard from users on this site, after O, the cervix is higher and also during early pregnancy (not sure about all during pregnancy) and right before AF and during, it is low. I don't know the biological reasons behind this. Some women claim they knew partially that they were pregnant b/c of a high cervix. Of course it isn't the most reliable way to tell. For me, after O, it is high and stays that way until a day or two before AF when it get's lower. I have been checking my cervix each cycle but never thought I was doing it right, but once I figured out what I was actually feeling and such, I now understand it better and know that I don't have a high cervix during AF. But just like anything else it seems, the position of your cervix could be influenced by many things, including sex. Try this site, I found it very helpful: http://www.fertilityauthority.com/your-fertility/cervical-position-what-it-tells-you-about-your-fertility

11 years ago

PBC, I am so glad you commented on this post... I needed that link! Sorry I am not much help to the actual question as I have had a hard time checking my cervix!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

My cervix was so high I couldn't reach it last month I thought I was pregnant but my period came while it was still high

11 years ago

Same thing happened to me last night..it was extremely high, hard, and "small" feeling like really hard to detect. AF came shortly after that.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo