Community post

Discussion

November Testers Part 2!

View Full Post

Welcome! We are a group of women who have come together to support each other throughout our cycles. We are thrilled to welcome newcomers to the group! Please introduce yourselves and let us know how long you've been TTC and a bit about your background.

No drop-in BFPs or BFNs please! We like to support each other and provide a loving environment for our fellow girls, many of whom are having lots of trouble.

697 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

611 - 620 of 697 Replies | Last Page

Whewwwwwww...Luv, I am glad we are here and you feel safe to vent. I will admit I have times when celebs and people in everyday life seem to have NO problems...especially those that are like "It was a surprise...like huh, don't you know what it took to get the other two you have?!" So yes it is hard. Yes some don't understand because they aren't where we are. Yes some take it for granted. But do know and believe that our day IS coming. It is going to be beautiful, even the not so great things, because of what we have endured thus far. I too get down...look at Kerry Washington, no I don't know her but damn she gets married and is pregnant just like that!!! I am coming up on a year of marriage and think "hmmm maybe God doesn't feel I am capable" but the more I think about it I really feel my husband and I are being put in the areas we need to be to have all we need for that miracle. Luv it is going to happen and soon for you!!! Sorry about that....just know you are NOT alone...

10 years ago

Law Yep, early implantation is the only thing I can think of that caused the first number to be so high... And yay for your ultrasound!!!

Luv At first I wondered about twins or triplets myself with that first number. Lol. But now I know there is only 1. Haha... And I am so sorry you are upset right now, but FX'd tight and extra baby dust your way that you get that bfp Thanksgiving!!! And we are staying close to home. Have 2 dinners to go to on Thanksgiving... Gonna be fat and miserable after all that food!! Haha..

Rice My first appointment was at 6 weeks, 1 day and we were able to see the heartbeat, but it was too soon to actually hear it. Too tiny is what the doctor said. I go back next week, December 6th, and she said we should be able to hear it by then. I will be 8 weeks, 1 day.. Hope this helps :)

10 years ago

1st---how exciting. How frequently will your appointments be after the next one?

10 years ago

JLHart---I plan to do a half hour of cardio. My doctor said its ok to do anything that I have been doing so I think I will probably do Les Mills Combat 30 (the beginner video).

SMH---Thanks that makes complete sense. At least I will get to see our little bean :)

1st--- Was it 6 weeks from LMP or from O day? Im just really excited to see him/her. Right now I wonder every day if Im really pregnant, ha ha.

Law---You must be thrilled with that news. You will have all the reassurance that you crave :)

10 years ago

Thanks girls for the encouragement, it's just really hard sometimes to see these people who are completely and utterly clueless that they are rubbing it in. IF Kelly Clarkson has been trying for a while to get pregnant then she should know exactly how it feels to hear that crap, so that's no excuse unless a person is just stupid. Sadly I know several people who have dealt with infertility who, once they get pregnant, totally forget all social decency. I know a woman who tried for five years to get pregnant, had a successful IVF, and 2 1/2 years later is all over Facebook with (NOT JOKING) naked photos of her child on the toilet. And god help you if you express any sort of disapproval about that. I am glad to have you ladies to vent to, so thank you for dealing with my rollercoaster.

lawbride yep my SILs have 2-3 kids each and they are constantly trying to get away from them. Girls nights twice a week, scrapbooking (which is so stupid but I digress) all the time, weekends away at least once a month, it's just ridiculous. My mom is nice enough to drive 4 hours to their home to babysit, too, but are they grateful? No, they're entitled. Barf. I would never use my mother like that without compensating her at least for the gas money! Ugh. Anyway it is very nice that you are getting such frequent betas!! That will be very reassuring :)

bluerose yuck! That is ridiculous! It blows my mind that their response to you having trouble conceiving is "oh we had NO PROBLEMS AT ALL, so....okay." I know people like that too, I just want to slap them. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Fertility problems can strike anytime, some people have it easy on kid #1 and hard on kid #2, some people have the opposite. Hang in there kid :(

JLH you are always such a positive force on the board, thanks for your kind words :) Damn that Kerry Washington, LOL!

1stTTC thanks! And two dinners, yeesh! Wear stretchy pants. :-P haha!

10 years ago • Post starter

Law I'm really not sure. I think they said 3-4 weeks after my next appointment through the first trimester, then every 2-3 weeks during the second trimester, and then every week through the third... but I could be slightly off. I was too excited about the ultrasound and didn't listen quite as well as I should have. Lol. But I should know the schedule for sure on Dec. 6th at my next appointment because she is going to go over all of it again...

Rice It was 6 weeks from LMP. My doctor never even asked me about O date. And I completely understand the anticipation!! I was the same way and still am! Lol.

10 years ago

Rice--me too. It's like, really? No way. I cannot wait to actually FEEL SOMETHING...right now I feel pretty normal. I think with working out just make sure you don't get too hot. Use a fan or something and drink water frequently if you need to. I'm slightly paranoid but plan to do the elliptical pretty regularly. I totally get your desire to go sooner. I am looking forward to it as well. I'd like to go sometime during week 6, so Dec 9th-13th. We will see what my doctor says. Then again at 10 weeks for the typical prenatal appointment. My doctor's office prefers that you make all appointments after your first appointment. I actually like that, it will give me something to look forward to.

1st--that's rather frequent. That's awesome. I think I'll have a 6 week, 10 week, 17 or 18 week, and then we shall see what else they schedule. I'm going to try to go as much as I can. Hopefully my schedule is similar to yours!

luv--your SILs sound like they would be hard to deal with. Wow. I mean, no appreciation? No gas? I don't see why you'd want to spend so much time away from your children. How old are your nieces/nephews?

10 years ago

lawbride you'll "feel pregnant" soon enough, hee hee, when the puking begins you will know it's happening! My older bro has 2 sons age 8 and 6 (they are ASSHOLES, sorry but it's true) and my younger bro has a 7-year-old son and a 4-year-old daughter who is an absolute doll. So my younger SIL is much nicer but my older SIL is a real biotch. I can't believe how much they lean on my mother to babysit for them. Of course my brothers are not innocent here either but they don't go out every weekend the way their wives do!

10 years ago • Post starter

luv--if your mom doesn't feel taken advantage of then no harm done, right? I think it's a bitchy thing to do but if your mom would rather spend time with them in any way possible then I guess they both win (in a way). Your brothers' passivity in the matter makes them as bad as their wives. Maybe they truly don't see it and they're just completely oblivious. I can't really imagine having morning sickness--I'm not one to get nauseous easily. I guess we will see but I highly doubt I'll be sick throughout pregnancy.

10 years ago

Law- Those are awesome Beta numbers! I was thinking the same thing as luv TWINS! LOL... I do not think it is an exact science that girls are higher, but I have heard that people who tend to get early BFP majority are girls, so I would think that would be higher HCG.

Luv- you know a stuffy nose is a good sign!! I am sorry you are having a rough day=0(

Blue I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!! I am in the same boat my daughter conceived on BC and now we are having problems having our second.

Jada-Yeah EWCM!!! And there is nothing wrong with steak I actually prefer it over turkey LOL

Just some tid bits :

For those who do have morning sickness, here is a little tip. 1/2 tab on unisom and B6. Becareful though Unisom can make you drowsy so most women take it at night, I can get the exact doses tomorrow at work if any is interested.

In order to see anything on an ultrasound, your Beta should be about 1000, to get good measurements 2000

You can get Fetal heart tones at about 10 weeks, but it is very hard and can cause a lot of stress. At 12 weeks, the baby pops to above the pelvic bone that is why it is so much easier then. At 20 weeks the heart beat will be at about your belly button

AFM I am now 1 dpo, so the TWW has started=0) I'm jealous of the care Civilian sector gets. In the Military you meet with a nurse at 8 weeks, Doc apt at 10 weeks with first ultrasound. You only have 2 ultrasounds the first one and one at 20 weeks. Unless of course there are issues

I will catch um more later but hubby has made some yummy broccoli and cheese soup that is screaming my name.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo