Community post

Discussion

November Testers Part 2!

View Full Post

Welcome! We are a group of women who have come together to support each other throughout our cycles. We are thrilled to welcome newcomers to the group! Please introduce yourselves and let us know how long you've been TTC and a bit about your background.

No drop-in BFPs or BFNs please! We like to support each other and provide a loving environment for our fellow girls, many of whom are having lots of trouble.

697 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

591 - 600 of 697 Replies | Last Page

Law---Im jealous but very excited for you!! ha ha. You will have a better idea of what is going on way before me.

10 years ago

Rice--they typically do go by that but it's odd to do so if someone has a 50 day cycle. I mean, your baby starts growing at conception, not your LMP. So, IMO it's just silly. they treat conception of the pregnancy basically as the 2 week mark. If they used LMP I'd be like 6 weeks already and that's just ludicrous

10 years ago

@luv: I am going to sleep in if I can. My back has been bothering me so I got up at 5am on both Saturday and Sunday.. Bu that is sleeping in for me :) Hopefully I'll be able to sleep!

@1stTTC: Glad you are going to have 4 days off too!

@law: I forget who said it but someone on her said that girls have faster doubling times than boys. I hope you get your girl!! Or girls!!! I love that your doc is doing another blood test then hopefully at dating scan super soon after! Did you ask him about the possibility of twins?

@rice: Do you get to roll over your sick days to next year? I hope you don't get sick either! But there is a chance of it.. You will definitely cry the first time you see the heartbeat. It is such an amazing sight!!!! I can't wait until your first appointment!!

@blue: So sorry your cycle is so confusing!

@JLHart: Woohoo for ewcm! Get it! Steak for Thanksgiving??? That is insane!! In a good way. Haha lol!

User Image

10 years ago

Law---I completely agree with you!! But Im reading What to expect what you are expecting, and it said that even though they go from LMP for the due date they dont count the first two weeks as conceived. So, I still think that my first appointment will be timed ok. Its all a little confusing!!

SMH---Yeah, thankfully my sick and vacation time rolls over to the next year.

10 years ago

Rice--they certainly do count it. That's odd that it says that. I'm reading that book too--I skipped the pre-pregnancy chapter and the one on your pregnancy profile because they seemed irrelevant. I might have glossed over the part about LMP. Lol.

SMH--I didn't ask about twins because I didn't want him to think I'm psycho. Lol. I'm excited for more bloodwork, it gives me a little added reassurance which I could use! If my doubling time stays at this rate then I'll be well over 2000 by next Wednesday. We shall see :)

10 years ago

I said earlier that when they know the O date they count that as 2 weeks pregnant, and the due date is then 38 weeks after the O date. When they don't know the O date they usually go by 40 weeks from LMP. It makes total sense in situations where women don't know their O date and they've got to start the dating process somewhere!

10 years ago • Post starter

Sorry Luv---Now I remember you saying that!! :) I just want to be sure that Im far enough along to hear a heartbeat during our first appointment.

10 years ago

Rice---how many weeks will you be then? Only ~6 according to my calculations. I think that's a tad too early. I'd wait till 7.

Luv--that was my thinking but he insisted on knowing the date of my LMP even though I know when I O'd. So weird.

10 years ago

@JLHart22- yay for EWCM and getting it on! haha

@lawbride88 - Yeah, I will likely test again tomorrow for sure. Then I start working nights so testing gets more complicated. So I might wait till Saturday then... if I can wait. haha

Yeah they go with your lmp mostly because women usually know when that is. And it doesn't matter too much anyway (to me anyway) as a due date is just a guess. It can easily go 2 weeks on either side of the date. When my mom was pregnant with my sister they gave her a "due month". Which often helps eliminate the whole "I am 38 weeks please induce me already!" When the baby might not even be done "cooking" yet.

User Image

10 years ago

Rice--apparently you can "See" the heartbeat at 6 weeks but I don't know if you can also hear it. I think it happens sometime between 6 and 7 weeks so if you're limited in the number of appointments you can do I'd schedule it for maybe 4-5 days later. I read on some forums people saying they had a 6 week u/s and weren't able to hear their baby's heart beat yet. Here's a website that talks about it... http://www.justthefactsbaby.com/pregnancy/article/baby-development-by-trimester-75

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo