Community post

Discussion

Pregnancy Support Group

View Full Post

So, congrats you got your BFP. This thread is intended for those who love CTP and want to continue giving and receiving support throughout their pregnancy. Share your fears, baby name ideas, symptoms, and announcement stories (just to name a few things)--anything really! We all know how exciting even the most inconsequential of details can be.

Im looking forward to experiencing this beautiful pregnancy journey with all of you!

186 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

51 - 60 of 186 Replies | Last Page

Law---You are so great at keeping up on both forums!! I do my best to read along but with all of the newbies on the other forum I get lost fast.

Thats funny about the broccoli and pickles. Ive definitely had food aversions to coffee and the thing I usually love the most, fruit and yogurt!! I would normally eat Cheerios for breakfast with a banana and blueberries then have a mix of berries, yogurt, and granola for a snack. But I cant seem to tolerate that now. So Ive been eating oatmeal with some blueberries, a slice whole wheat bread and orange juice for breakfast. Its still the healthiest meal of the day because Ive also been loving pickles and greasy food, LOL!! Its been very hard to behave. Maybe thats partially what my body needs right now because Ive actually felt better for the past couple of days. Its so nice to have a reprieve from feeling extremely nauseaus all day. Im so nervous to say that right now because I know it can come back at any moment.

Im soooooo excited for my appointment tomorrow!! I decided to take the day off of work so I rescheduled it for 10:30am :)

10 years ago

Hey ladies I used to carry a jar of pickles with my first baby lol. I think it's alot of baby dust over here lol

User Image

10 years ago

Hey Cam how are you? Arent pickles the best?!! LOL

10 years ago

Rice---YAY! That's only in a few hours. So excited for you. I had a day where I ate pizza, red velvet cupcakes, a chessman cookie, chocolate chip cookie, vanilla cupcake, and cheese lasagna. I was stuffed for 2 days. Eeeks. It was on Tuesday for a class party. I love pickles--but that's not unique to pregnancy. I've always loved them..they're just so delicious. I'm the same with coffee..it doesn't even sound good to me. Since I'm always cold I just drink cocoa and/or tea throughout the day....it helps me to get my calcium in, 4 cups of dairy is a ton but totally doable when you're drinking cocoa :) I don't follow the guidelines rigidly but I do try to ensure that I eat at least 1 egg a day and enough calcium. I just let the other stuff just fall into place. I have a friend who drank chocolate milk everyday of her pregnancy...that would be a pretty easy way to get the dairy in too but for some reason I don't like chocolate milk, Ive always been a strawberry milk girl!

10 years ago • Post starter

cam-there's baby dust wherever you are :) Carry a jar of pickles--that would be a workout. I buy the gallon jar from costco. hehe

10 years ago • Post starter

THANKS law!!! 10 dpo temp still 98.6

User Image

10 years ago

Hey girls! All this food talk I just had to chime in :) I am totally off pickles. I usually love them but they make my stomach roll now. Another food I used to love but hate now - mushrooms. OMG, they make me want to hurl. My one weird pregnancy craving is cuties (the mini oranges) with ranch dressing. Oh wow! Its soooooooo good. I only put a drop of ranch on each wedge but they are so good :) I might just have to have that for breakfast! I also really love natures valley oats and honey granola bars and icecream. But the last two things are pretty much normal for me.

@mamak & LJT: My baby girl had be constantly kicking me in the cootie but she flipped a couple days ago to where her head is in my pelvis, her back is to my left side and her feet are up across my ribs and she's kicking me constantly in the upper right rib cage. Her little elbows are doing a number on my left belly. She moves constantly now and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Even when it hurts like hell :)

@rice: I can't wait to hear about your appointment today!! Let us know asap!

User Image

10 years ago

I REALLY ENJOYED being pregnant when I was, it was then that I could be totally selfish with my baby because once their born you must share with everyone. I miss that feeling of life in my belly which I know I'll soon have again.

User Image

10 years ago

Hi Ladies,
Well DH and I had our first appt today. They did a urine test to confirm pregnancy and just asked a bunch of questions. It turns out that my insurance only covers 2 ultrasounds (12 Weeks and 20 Weeks) my entire pregnancy, because Im not high risk. They also only went by the LMP to figure out my due date. So they said that Im 7 weeks 5 days making my due date July 30th. Im sure that will change when I have my 12 week ultrasound. I may have just been extra emotional today but I was so disappointed leaving without an ultrasound. I did go and get the blood work done so Im glad thats over with. I have another appt on Jan 2nd to review the results and get a pap done.

How is everyone else today?

10 years ago

@cam: Good point! That makes me cherish her movements in me even more! And yes! You will have life in your belly again sooooon!!

@rice: So sorry about one 2 u/s. That is how my insurance is too. Its a total bummer!!! I did get a couple early ones because my RE confirmed via u/s and then the OB checked as I was having severe cramping. But you can always pay for a 3d one elsewhere when you are father along - I think you can find them as cheap as $100. Glad the appointment went well though!

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo