Community post

Discussion

October Testers Part 2!

View Full Post

New thread required! Come on in girls :)

AFM CD 15 waiting to O!

503 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 503 Replies | Last Page

Hello to everyone who made the cross over to the new board. For some reason the website is cutting off who is talking so I have no idea who made the jump over.

Law: I am pretty much an open book. As freely as I speak here I speak to people IRL. If I think you are an idiot I will tell you so. I just try to be kinder about it when I say it to your face.

Holly: I also have MTHFR. Do they have you taking a baby aspirin?

As for how I am doing. I am good. I am constantly hungry and getting fat and I was always sassy.

Luv: I know you didn't mean anything by what you said. It is hard sometimes in this context to read the undertones in a conversation. I tend to be very sarcastic and it does not always read well. I try to read my post several times to make sure it doesn't sound harsh or condescending and if I am in doubt I keep my mouth shut which is hard for me to do sometimes. =)

12/08 + 1/10 + 07/11, Had to do a lot of for baby #4. Yuck!!!! User Image

10 years ago

what is MTHFR? I keep seeing it and I keep mistaking it for Mother F"er.. which I KNOW it's not but at a quick glance that's what it appears as. Their was another one I didn't know either but I can't remember it right now.

Yes I am 31 and he will be 46 in April.

OH what is an RE doctor? For me that means Real Estate since I'm a realtor! LOL

. 2 8 & 12 and.. 1 14 hoping for another but I'll take either as long as its

10 years ago

LOL Shawnna I thought the same think when I seen it so I had to google it. It is a short for methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase . The jist I got was that if you have this you need Folate not Folic acid. That is the short of what I got, I am sure one of these lovely ladies can give more insight.

10 years ago

Shawna: MTHFR can cause you to have issues with being able to carry a pregnancy. Women with MTHFR can get pregnant but often they end up having repeated miscarriages. It also increases their risk for blood clots and there babies have an increased chance of having children with spina bifida and other neural tube deficits. Their bodies do not absorb folic acid properly and having to take lots of folate to help the pregnancy stay healthy. They also usually take a baby aspirin to help prevent clots from forming.

RE= Reproductive Endocrinologist. They specialize in infertility and are also surgeons and have to be board certified. A infertility doctor does not have to be board certified and they don't have to have any specific training.

12/08 + 1/10 + 07/11, Had to do a lot of for baby #4. Yuck!!!! User Image

10 years ago

@3Lil - yes, I'm taking low dose baby aspirin. Fxd it works along with the rest of my protocol.

@Shawnna - MFTHR is a genetic mutation where your body doesn't break down folate vitamins properly (of which folic acid is one). It can also mean your body won't break down toxins well.

Some people have one mutation, while others have more than one - which makes the effects more serious . The MTHFR defect is linked to increase an risk of a variety of cancers (including breast and prostate cancer), stroke, dementia, heart problems, congenital defects, depression, miscarriages, migraines, chemical sensitivities, and a host of other conditions.

In short, this is something that is treatable, but if you do not take the right preventative measures, it could put you at risk for more serious illnesses/conditions. I'm just glad I found out now.

Also, you asked what an RE is. It stands for Reproductive Endocrinologist. It is an OB who specializes in reproductive medicine addressing hormonal functioning as it pertains to reproduction and the issue of infertility. For those experiencing issues conceiving, they often do not find out why until they start seeing an RE because REs run more tests than your typical OBGYN. Also, they have more experience with fertility issues, so they can provide better advice/recommendations on how to get us knocked up. I did not find out I had MFTHR until I started seeing my RE. I also wish I had genetic testing done on the tissue from my miscarriage in February. I still wonder why I miscarried and it would be nice to know what it was or at least rule some things out.

User Image

10 years ago

Hi ladies. Checking in.

3lil: I can't believe by the end of the week you'll have 4 boys. Have you dilated more or things have settled down? have you figured out a way to keep the gates locked for when you're in hospital? You mentioned something about Gr28? How is she going with the twins?

Luvto: I've got a good feeling about this month for you. I think the Mucinex will do the trick to help the swimmers along. I'ts getting warmer here and I want to start a garden, but will have to do all the weeding first:(

Law: I'm thinking of you for your HSG this week. Fx it's good news.

1stt: I'm glad you got a earlier app with your obs. Like luvto said Mc is actually very common and some women don't even know that they having a mc. Just think it's heavy AF. I'm glad you're feeling better and your dh is ready to try again.

Nat: Welcome to the forum hun. You're not out till AF shows. ((hugs))

shawwn: FX for a BFP Looking good. I thought the same about MTHFR. hehehehe

afmedic: Fx for you BFP for you. Still early hun.

Cam:

MamaK: 21 weeks? Nooooooo. Can't it be sooner?

Holly: Sorry, don't know if I missed your post? Where are you in your cycle?

arich: if you're lurking around: Hope you can get some relief from the pelvic pain. You must be getting excited about the gender scan. I still think it's gonna be a boy:)

smh: So happy for you.

AFM. I'm on CD1 today and I am pissed about it. I really thought/felt like it's gonna be bfp for me. AF was one day late and I had what I thought was a faint bfp but NOOOOOOOOO bloody shows up without any warning. I should know by now not to get excited or hopeful.
I'm going to my gyno app tomorrow afternoon and hopefully can get a d&c sometime next week. Then AF can return to normal.
I had such a nice time working on the mother and baby unit sunday night that I might change my direction I'm taking for my career. If I can't have a baby, I can then work with them at least. Cuddling, feeding, settling these small little babies( between a week and 7 weeks old) is sooo awesome. Even thought they're not min I still feel in some way part of helping them becoming something/someone that they're suppose to be. Seeing those mums with maternal exhaustion is soo sad.

2005 2007. 2008 1/2013 6/2013 User ImageMake an ovulation ticker

10 years ago

Has anyone heard from SMH?? I am excited to hear how her scan went.

10 years ago

Wow I see why it's shortened the way it is and quite frankly it sounds like a real Mother F'er anyways! I'm sorry for those of you that have to deal with that, bless you all! I always wondered why women keep having miscarriages over and over, I guess that makes it a little more clear. Thanks for all the responses, now I understand. Not completely but better anyways.

Nicolene- thanks, I'm hoping the line is darker in the morning. I'll feel like I have a true bfp when theirs a dark line and it shows on something other than a frer. I'm tempted to go POAS one last time tonight before bed...lol...such a horrible addiction!

10 years ago

Nicolene I'm so sorry about AF :( Geez louise. I am glad though that you'll get to proceed with the D&C soon! And your new career plan sounds amazing, you are a saint! :)

SMH we are dying to hear what you're having!

10 years ago • Post starter

I haven't seen anything from smh today! I hope everything is ok!

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo