Community post

Discussion

May 2018 Babies

View Full Post

Hi!

I didn't see a group for May 2018 babies; so figured I'd jump in a start one!
Let's chat and support each other during this cycle.
I'm currently CD#2; this would be my 2nd cycle of TTC after a 2nd trimester loss in April.

Here's to lots and lots of and for all of us!

And lots and lots of BFP's!!!

User ImageUser Image

762 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

741 - 750 of 762 Replies | Last Page

@prayingfor1 cheeky baby not playing ball at your scan. Hopefully your next scan can confirm that baby is a girl. FX for you. Glad all is going well. You shouldn’t feel like you can’t do what you want due to fears of others not being happy for you. Always do what makes you happy.

@ gemstone I hope your upcoming scan goes well. Will you be finding out the sex of baby? Sorry if you’ve already said and I’ve overlooked or forgotten haha.

User Image

6 years ago

@Tashhuur that's brilliant news about the cyst reducing in size, you must be so relieved! :) I love the idea of having the sonographer write down the gender in secret for a reveal, that's what I would've done if we'd been having twins! Do you know how the reveal will be done yet? I like the exploding confetti, a friend did that earlier this year as they were having twins!

That's not nice to still be experiencing the vomiting, hope it passes for you soon. Oh the itchy bump isn't fun either, feel I'm constantly plastering on moisturiser!

@Prayingfor1thats so exciting it looks like you're having a girl, figers crossed the next scan confirms it!

We are leaving gender as a surprise Tashuurr, it's funny as I was so curious when pregnant with our daughter but this time round feel a lot more relaxed and chilled. As long as he/she is healthy that's the main thing. And if it's a boy we can easily get some boy clothes. A girl would be more handy practically speaking though! ;)

I'll be 20 weeks tomorrow and have scan on 22nd December. Can't believe we're half way through already! I'm hoping to finish work on 4th April and use up holiday before I start maternity leave, will confirm with work in the new year.

Hope you both and bumps are all doing well :)

DD born 18th April 2015 DS born 1st May 2018

6 years ago

H ladies. Had scan scan. Everything is looking well with baby which is great to know. The sonographer did write down the sex of baby for us. We’re thinking balloon box for the reveal. Not sure how we’d order the confetti thing as neither of us will know the sex. I Know a lady that has a balloon business and she will fill the box with balloons - so that way no one attending the party will have any idea at all so we’ll all find out together.
I will look into the confetti thing though.
I didn’t want to know the sex and would have left it until birth but having attended so many baby showers I wanted to do something different rather than having a load of ladies playing games. My partner wanted to be involved and He’d have felt left out surrounded by ladies if I’d had a traditional lol so hoping this will be a fun way to get family and friends together ahead of the birth.
I have to return for a growth scan and cyst check @ 28 weeks as the sonographer didn’t comment on the size of the cyst in the notes and dr wasnt sure how big it was now or if she’d even checked it so to be on the safe side he said come back in a few weeks time. At least we get to see baby one last time. He also said if it has shrunk further he anticipates it will continue to shrink and will transfer me back to midwife care! YAY!
I hope your 20 week scan goes well this week!
It is crazy to say we’re nearly half way through although I feel it’s going very slow haha.

User Image

6 years ago

@Tashuurr I love your idea for the party and balloons, that sounds brilliant! Great to get everyone involved rather than a baby shower with just the girls. Also such good news about the cyst, hope you can go back to midwife care!

All went well at our 20 week scan yesterday, didn't find out gender but my husband was looking as she went past that area which annoyed me a bit as I looked away, however the sonographer said she couldn't tell yet and to properly check would have to look more in that area. So not sure if he's seen and she was just trying put him off thinking he might know! But baby is all well and healthy so that's the most important thing! :)

Now to relax for Christmas! Hope you ladies have a lovely Christmas and New year xx

6 years ago

Hi ladies. Happy New Year both!
We can officially say we’re having babies this year!

@gemstone glad your 20 week scan went well.
@prayingfor1 any news with your mid way scan?

I can feel baby moving loads now! Lots of kicks and turning.
On Xmas day my partner wanted to open the gender envelope and find out what we were having. So I agreed as a nice present for us both. I can tell you that we’re having a BOY! So exciting!!!!
We haven’t told anyone else. We may not go with a full gender reveal party but may reveal the gender of the baby on the baby shower invites.
My daughter doesn’t know as she’ll tell everyone. Slight change in plan but I’m not fussed lol

Hope to hear from you ladies soon. HNY!

User Image

6 years ago

Wow how exciting @Tashuurr!! What a wonderful surprise for Christmas day :) that's lovely you'll have one of each! Did you tell anyone else yet or still keeping it a secret?!

Lots of kicking here too, can see the movements sometimes now, all seeming very real and yes like you say it's now 'this year' our little ones will arrive!

I finish work in 3 months and 1 day, not that I'm counting lol!!

Happy new year!

6 years ago

Thanks Gemstone. Yes I’ll have one of each. No one knows. Still a secret. May announce on the baby shower invites.
I can see movements at times if baby is being exceptionally active. Otherwise just lots of kicking. Mainly in my bladder ha ha.
I too finish work in 3 months. Last shift is good Friday.

User Image

6 years ago

Hello ladies! I'm so sorry that I have been inactive, I have had a lot going on. I just got married this past weekend so that kinda took over.
@Tashuurr- That's so wonderful that you are having a boy! One of each is what we hope for eventually. I am also happy to hear that your cyst seems to be shrinking.
@Gemstone- I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you and your baby. It's crazy to think that we only have a few more months to go!
AFM- I am definitely having a little girl. We are beyond excited! I just had a scan today to check my fibroid growth and although they are still growing the Dr is still not concerned. My baby is super active most days and she now, at 24 weeks, weighs 1lb 5oz. I can't wait to meet her in a few more months!

Happy Valentine's Day!

user submitted image

6 years ago

@Prayingfor1 wow congratulations on both your wedding and on confirmation of a little baby girl! That's great news you must be so excited! Great the doctors aren't concerned about the fibroids too. Hope you had a good first valentine's Day as a Mrs!

@Tashuurr how are you?

I was actually going to post on here too last night! Got myself in a bit of a tearful state yesterday as got a diagnosis of gestational diabetes (only had the test as my dad got diagnosed with diabetes in the last year). Honestly didn't think I had it and knew nothing about it and so in a bit of shock of what it now means, with needing a big change of diet etc (I have a very sweet tooth!) And possibly medication. Also could have impact on the baby and birth etc. Got a hospital appointment on Tuesday to find out more. But aside from that all ok, just feeling very big (however could be as I'm now having a bigger baby than expected!), a bit more achy etc. Now 28+3 so at the most about 11 weeks left as they don't usually let you go overdue with GD!

Have you both got names for your littles ones or waiting until they're born to decide? I think we've finally got a girl's name! Have the same boy's name from when pregnant with our daughter. Still not sure either way what we're having but glad we've a name either way now!

6 years ago

@Gemstone- Thank you, we had a very quiet and perfect first Valentine's day as a married couple.
I'm sorry to hear that you ended up with GD. I'm worried that I will end up with it as well, my carb cravings have been out of control. The good news is that now that you know it can be managed and monitored. I hope you don't have too hard of a time adjusting to the new restrictions and that you are able to get it under control easily.
Yay! For deciding on names! Our names were picked out before we knew what we were having. The girl name was actually very easy for us because not long after we started dating we discovered that we both had made up the same name for characters in stories that we used to write. It was the same first name with the same spelling and we had done it years before we had ever met so once we started talking about kids we knew we had to use that if we ever had a girl. The middle name is the middle name of both of our mothers.
I am 26 weeks today and time seems to be flying by while standing still at the same time!

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo