Community post

Discussion

October 2016 babies

View Full Post

Hi guys... Anyone pregnant with October 2016 as a due date?

Looking for buddies to share the journey with

Xxx

66 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 66 Replies | Last Page

Do you mean the Chinese Gender Predictor Calendar? I have used it and it predicted a girl for me :-)

Years ago when I tried it - it said a boy and that was also true so let's hope so.

There is a Urine Gender Predictor Kit here that you use at home. They say it can be used from 10 weeks and I am keen to buy that.

I suppose the odds will still be 50/50 though ha-ha - I am not sure how accurate those things are.

8 years ago • Post starter

Yep.. the chinese gender predictor.. in the past they predicted i will have a girl for my third baby girl.. it was true.. so im really curious this time if it is really a boy as they said..

Its a surprised when u said about gender predictor kit.. i never heard of it.. its a good idea to google it.. Thanks for the info babyhopes..

These things are not always correct but it is sooo fun..

My hubby and i have found the midwife !.. the first appointment will be on the 1st April and it will be at home !.. The midwife will bring along the portable echo machine..

Curious !!

User Image

8 years ago

I agree - too much fun... I love all these gimmicks.

I believe there is a blood test that you can do too - but the results need to be sent to the USA and they will then do the test at the lab there. It is quite pricey though - around R5 000-00 (Maybe 280 Euros).

I am so glad you found the midwife - how exciting!! Wow it is going to be such a different experience for you - please keep me updated on the progress.

Do you read much into the old wives tales about using your wedding to predict the baby sex, if the baby's heart rate is high then it will be a girl, if you are very sickly in your pregnancy it'll be a girl, if you crave sweet things etc. etc.

I did the Chinese calendar when I was pregnant with my son and did the wedding ring test and both came back as being a boy. I also was very lucky - no morning sickness or headaches - unlike now where I suffer from migraines and a few other symptoms QUTE ALLOT!

Try and google www.intelligender.com - this is the urine test that is available here that I was telling you about.

Thank u so much babyhopes.. I will check out the the website a.s.a.p..

regarding the blood test.. i dont think in the Netherlands the doctor would like to deal with this kind of things.. they only give focus to emergencies.. My opinion of the medical facilities here generally they are good but there are too many bureaucracy involves.. i think you will notice it when you live here and would like to use all this facilities.. Since now my family and i are aligned to dutch system, we can use the facilities easily.. For example, now my DD have scheduled check ups.. they are free.. We dont have any huisarts (specific doctors who will attend us). Everybody in NL has their own huisarts.. may be you heard about it?

I heard about that old wives tales aswell.. they said if we have a pointy belly, the baby might be a boy.. and if it is more horizontal the baby might be a girl.. its funny because it does work with me..

My morning sickness is not that bad.. only craving for plenty plenty plenty of food.. sometimes feels like vomitting but i never vomit..

are you going to give birth in SA?

im going to check out the website you send to me..

User Image

8 years ago

I am glad I stumbled upon this forum I was looking for a October due date forum. I am due October 19, 2016 . Hope all is well with October babies. Looking forward to have people to chat with.

8 years ago

Hi Ldp621,

Welcome !!

with your pregnancy..

Tell us more about u.. It is interesting to exchange pregnancy experiences..

User Image

8 years ago

babyhopes - i checked the website u told me about.. its interesting.. i tried to find it in the shops here.. could find it.. have to ship it directly from US.. that make it more costly.. i think i would have to wait for another few month to know the real gender..

User Image

8 years ago

Oh that is a pity - I wish I could send it to you.

I am keen on getting one of those at home Doppler's - they look fantastic and are not expensive. It is a hand held device that allows you to hear your baby's heart beat at home with earphones / speakers.

I think I am going to start a new topic and ask whether anyone has used these before & also that Intelligender Kit - would be interested to see how accurate they were.

I watched a couple of You Tube videos over the weekend of ladies who have used the kits.

Zue Zue - I will be giving birth here in SA.

I will be getting my Dutch Citizenship next month but we won't be relocating anytime soon.

xxx

babyhopes - i have that fetal doppler from the previous pregnancy.. its easy to use and it is cheap.. at least it can give alot of comfort.. we dont have to wait for the next appointment to know if the small one is ok or not.. its really fun.. it comes together with the gel.. rechargeable as well..

User Image

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo