Community post

Discussion

October 2016 babies

View Full Post

Hi guys... Anyone pregnant with October 2016 as a due date?

Looking for buddies to share the journey with

Xxx

66 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

61 - 66 of 66 Replies

Babyhopes- what language do u speak at home? english or afrikaans? For us, we speak 3 languages at home .. May be thats why my DD still cant talk.. she just mumble in her own way.. By the way i think it wont be difficult for your hubby and son to come over to the NL since there is a strong bond between this 2 countries..

Thanks for the email address.. i will mail u once i have very interesting stories and foto to share in coming days..

Here they really encourage drug free birth.. the midwife has to consult with the gynae for any drug prescription.. some people prefer to go to the hospital for the delivery and some just like home comfort.. For me, i have no idea about home birth.. used to hospital way of giving birth.. next time we need to contact the insurance to discuss about the home birth set and the nurses that will be helping at home during the first week of birth.. This part is exciting..

If they find out that i will encounter some complication, the birth will be at the hospital.. which is about 1km away from our house.. the midwife will be there as well to witness the whole process..

my next appointment will be on the 17th of june.. and on the 23rd of june will be my appointment for the complete scan.. exciting !!!!

User Image

7 years ago

We speak English at home and my husband's family are Afrikaans.

What 3 languages do you speak? :-)

How does it work in the NL with medical aid / insurance / school fees etc.

Do you pay these privately or is it free?

Good luck for your upcoming appointments --- keep me posted.

I am hoping to get a 4D scan tomorrow at the expo and then I am seeing the gynae again on Wednesday for my monthly appointment.

xxx

7 years ago • Post starter

Babyhopes - I speak Malay, DH speak Dutch and we always speak English as well.. The nice thing is now our DD can understand the 3 languages !! For me this is amazing.. I would need years to understand other than my own mother tongue..

Everybody in the Netherlands has/pay their own insurance (so its not free).. It is very convenience to go to the hospital or the dentist, get the treatment and then we can just go home.. Dont even have to take out our wallet or purse.. From what i experienced, there is no private hospital here.. I have to get used to this.. Primary and secondary educations are free..

How was your 4D scan? Tell me about it.. Exciting..

Feel like ages until my next appointment ..

User Image

7 years ago

Hi babyhopes,

It has been so quiet here.. I hope u are in very good condition..

My DH and i went for a scan last week since i had 3 days of fever.. The gynae did u/s to make sure our little one is fine.. Everything is good.. Just some infection and dehydration.. We asked the gynae about the gender and she said the baby might be a girl but she was not so sure since the cord covers the area.. Next week will be another scan and we r so curious..!! i can feel the baby kicking aswell.. Funny feeling..

I really hope to hear from u..

User Image

7 years ago

Hi Zue,

I am so sorry that I have not logged in here for soooo long. I changed e-mail addresses & have not been getting any notifications.

I am doing well – just getting to that tired uncomfortable stage ha-ha. I am 29 weeks now.

Did you find out 100% what you are having yet? Is it a girl?

We are definitely having a girl. She is already 1.6 kg which I think is on the big side …

We had a 4D scan last week and it was so amazing to see all her features…

What is news your side?

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi Babyhopes,

How are you? The little girl in me is doing fine.. Im 32 weeks now..
Looking forward to giving birth.. Making my home birth plan now as my midwife asked for it.. :-D.. How about you..? It has been a long time since i last heard about u..

User Image

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo