Community post

Discussion

February 2016 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those of us participating in IUI or IVF during February!

Baby dust to everyone... let's get some good news this round!

116 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 116 Replies | Last Page

Had my baseline appointment this morning for iui #2 but ran into a big problem! I'm not having a af. I'm still in my lp from iui #1. My lining was still pretty thick and my follicles hadn't shrunk back down like they should have. My lab work showed negative hcg test but progesterone still 5.8. So I have to go back Thursday morning and if things aren't showing a change I have to take this month off. :(

Hope you are all doing better than me.

8 years ago

Hi ladies.

Well I wish I had better news to report but it looks like this pregnancy is going to end in a miscarriage. I had my 3rd beta yesterday and my numbers have dropped quite a bit. I'm so devastated. I had reconciled myself that this 1st iui didn't work and that we'd try again in March only to be given hope and now it has been dashed again. On top of that a few hours before I found out the bad news my sister had a bfp that day after trying one time to get pregnant. I'm super excited for her of course and would not want her to go through any of this but so sad that this has been such a difficult journey for me. The universe can be so cruel! Now I just wait for the miscarriage.

It looks like a lot of you ladies are going through frustrating times as well and I feel for you and hope we all get our bfps soon.

Keth- good luck with your amniocentesis! I'll be thinking of you.

8 years ago

Jfmolo- I'm so sorry to hear that! We'll be thinking of you. Did they tell you when to expect it? :(

Mem- hmm I wonder why they scheduled your baseline before af showed? I've never had that. I always have to call on CD1 to do the baseline stuff.

8 years ago • Post starter

I scheduled my baseline appointment for today because I thought it was cd 3. I have had heavy, steady red AF flow since Sunday. Cramps, everything. I started spotting, with clots, 5dpiui and on 9dpiui I had a huge gush of clots and blood. Had taken an hpt that morning with fmu and it was negative. So yesterday I called and made my cd 3 appointment. I'm at a complete loss as to how this hasn't been AF. I have went through half a box of pads. They said my hcg test was negative and that my progesterone should have been near 0 was 5.8. My follicles were still huge and my lining still thick. I'm really, really confused.

8 years ago

jfmlo - i am so sorry!!!!!! I just had a miscarriage in Decemeber, I know exactly how you feel. you are not alone...Hugs xoxo

2moms - as frustrating as it will be, don't push it with exercise. We don't want anything to happen to those overachieving ovaries..:)

Margie - good for you for going to counseling!

AFM - not much new, just baby dancing this week. I know it won't work but it doesn't hurt to try..

8 years ago

Oh man guys does this ever get easier!!! UGHHH

Bens - enjoy it!!! no pressure just have fun! Fingers crossed for you regardless!!

JF - i'm so sorry! U never know though. did they tell you ur numbers or what to expect. I know the universe sucks sometimes esp when things dont go the way we want. I hope you can find some peace soon and get some answers too

mem - u never know, did they do a beta or did they just tell you its negative. I hope you get answers soon, keep us posted!

2moms - looks like its a bit rough for you too - hopefully it comes sooner then later. I wish you a quick recovery and that it's smooth

keth - we will be thinking of you!!

Margie - that's great you start counselling someone with an unbasis opinion can definitly help. my friend told me she kept a journal - maybe its something good to start. It will be our day soon!

TTC- hahah its funny you called it the big leagues, I just said that to DH the other day, i think thats where we are headed and i'm totally cool with it. i rather go there and not waste money on iui and put body through stress of horromones. Fingers crossed fo r u!!

AFM - on day 3 of femara and feeling ok, i go for b/w and us tomorrow and start gonal-f again. Hopefully smooth sailing again!

Me: 30 DH:32 TTC since Oct 2014 Dec 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy Diagnosed with hashimoto's thyroiditis on synthroid 75mcg 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - (April, June, July) Laparoscopy in July 2015 - mild endometriosis, lots of scar tissue 4 rounds of femara with TI - (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec) Jan, Feb 2016 - super ovulation cycle/overlap - femara/gonal-f with trigger/back to back iui/progesterone - March/April - break from it all May - femara and TI intercourse - one last chance - BFN June - IVF prep month July - IVF!!!

8 years ago

They did a beta but didn't tell me the exact number. She just said that I'm not pregnant. I'm driving my self and dh nuts because I don't understand how this much bleeding can be anything other than AF. I'm ready to go back Thursday and hopefully get some answers.

8 years ago

Jfmolo, i am so sorry. I really understand how you feel. I hope you soon feel better and start next cycle with optimism. What the doctors said?

Bens, i forgot to ask you, although i wanted to. Why did you do hysteroscopy? What they want to check?

I would like to thank you for your positive thoughts about the amniocentesis. I really need it. This journey is full of decisions, risks, worries and dissapointments. I hope everything was easier for all of us. I really wish that!

8 years ago

I feel like I have not updated you girls in a long time :\ Life has been busy lately with the preparation for Sebastian's arrival.

I went to Dr yesterday and she did ultrasound. She said that Sebastian is big and he is already about 6.5lb at 35 weeks and he measures more like a 37 week old baby but since we know exactly when I got pregnant (IVF) we are sticking with March 14th due date.

He is doing great and moves like crazy in my belly. He is good at night and lets me sleep :D But then what kind of sleep is that when you wake up 2-3 times a night to pee and every time you need to change a position you wake up because it is a process with moving a huge bally and pillow that is in between legs ;)

I have been feeling well but I am starting to get more and more tired. Also I am planning to finish my hospital bag tonight - who knows what big Sebastian is planning on doing? ;) maybe he will arrive a bit earlier so we are not looking at 9lb baby

I am all belly and gained about 29lbs so far - the good thing is that my ass did not get bigger and it is all baby/water/blood/etc.

33 days left - damnnnnn this time is flying !!!!

I have been stalking you girls but don't always have time to post an update plus I know it is difficult sometimes to read these updates when you struggle - believe me I have been there. But I also hope this will give you some hope that it can happen to you as well :D

Sending lots of positive vibes your way.

Basia

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo