Community post

Discussion

February 2016 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those of us participating in IUI or IVF during February!

Baby dust to everyone... let's get some good news this round!

116 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 116 Replies | Last Page

Shan we will hopefully be doing a 5dt. We are sending off all that are viable on day 3 for PGS testing. If any come back normal and are still growing as they should be, then they will transfer on day 5.

How are you feeling? You are getting closer to delivery! Ribs any better? Both my boys killed my ribs as they were so long and had no where to stretch! They were 22" each :)

8 years ago

Not the greatest update today ladies :( As of this morning we are already down to 3 eggs from the 9 that were retrieved. UGH!
We think we are going to freeze any of these that make it far enough to do so and do another round of meds and retrieval to see if we can get more eggs to send off for PGS testing all at once to statistically have a better shot at having normals to transfer.

I'm so bummed :(

8 years ago

babypath - I am sorry... I had 16 eggs, and ended with 5. I couldn't understand how that was possible. But trust me, you are better off taking the extra month or two to do another round. I wish we had PGS testing done. It was too much money though. But after having miscarried, I wish we had done it. PGS tested embryos have MUCH higher rate of live births... In the long run, it is only a small wait for a BIG payoff... your baby!

as i keep saying to myself, This process is never easy, but always worth it...

Good luck to all the women in their TWW...

I am waiting for AF to come so I can start my next cycle.

8 years ago

BabyPath - keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

8 years ago

Thank you Bens and Basia :)

We spoke to our clinic and have decided to go with another genetic company that has an "8 before 9" policy. They will test up to 8 embryos within 9 months at no extra charge for testing at different times (due to multiple cycles) so this is great news for us on that end. With that said, we are sending off what we have available as of tomorrow (Day 3) and see what comes back on Day 5. If we need to do another cycle for more eggs after those results then at least we know we have that option. Hopefully we don't need to! But also glad for somewhat of a plan B if needed.

I hope everyone is doing and feeling well!

8 years ago

Jf-I'm so sorry to hear you mc'd.

Margie- Looks like we will be doing IVF around the same time. I am planning on June.

Hoping- no flying isn't an option. It would be very pricey to get a last minute flight from my small town airport. Also there is only 1 or 2 flights a day in and out of the airport so it would actually make the travel time longer.

Afm-I was devastated that I got another bfn. My lining was bad from the clomid so I shouldn't have been suprised but I just wanted a miracle to happen. I'm actually going for a uterine scan and mock transfer/hysteroscopy on Tuesday with the IVF doc. So we will make the 7 hour drive on Monday after work and for the appointment on Tuesday and then drive back. But planning on not doing IVF until June for transfer. I have 2 daughters from a previous marriage and I want to wait until they are out of school for the year. It's just too crazy with homework and stuff going on during the year for me to so all that traveling. I will have to spend a few days there for the retrieval and transfer. Also, I don't want to travel 3 hours for monitoring (I can do all the monitoring at the closer clinic) every other day or so with winter travel.

Me 39. DH 35 TTC since Nov 2013 Me-2 DD 8 & 9 from prev. relationship Clomid Cycle 1-MC 7/22 cycle 2 & 3 BFN 1st IUI February 2014 BFP on 2/22 4/2 blighted ovum IUI 2-6 BFN IUI #7-100mg clomid, follitism, novarel

8 years ago

babypath, I am so sorry that you are not happy with the numbers and I hope the alternative of the "8 before 9" policy makes you feel good. Some questions, as I may didnt understand that option:
You had already 3 eggs fertilized. That method is going to increase that number from the ones they already have retrieved?
That process will take 9 months?
What are you going to do with the 3 already fertilized. Is PGS testing taking long?
I am sorry If I didnt get it! I hope you have the greatest luck!

TTclate, I am sorry that all this process should be done to clinics away from your home. My clinic facilitates all Greece, so I have seen girls travelining with the plane to have the retrieval ot the transfer. In that cases, u/s and blood exams are done near their homes and they immediately send the results to the clinic. The option to stay to a hotel for few days, esp after transfer is a good idea.
Good luck dear!

8 years ago

TTC, good luck with the IVF. I am sorry about the distance for you, but I hope your end result is well worth it!

Keth, let me try to clarify a little better (likely I was rambling on last time due to nerves!). We used a different PGS testing company that is testing the 3 embryos we have from this cycle (we get those results back today) and then any future fertilized embryos (up to a total of 8) in the future we get up to 9 months from now at no additional cost.

We are praying for good news on the 3 from this cycle so we can transfer today, but also know the odds aren't necessarily in our favor but praying hard anyway!

8 years ago

Update - so we have a normal embryo that looks great! We decided to freeze and do another stim cycle anyway to see what we can get to have maybe more than one going into a transfer later. So, I will stop meds and start birth control again after AF shows and go right into the next cycle.

8 years ago

Baby~ wow that's so crazy u sound just like me with your numbers. We had 9 retrieved. 6 able to b fertilized and 3 made it and out of the 3 we had one good one and he's currently in my belly now :) I'm so glad u have a good one :) sounds like u r going to go ahead and get a few more so Thts good :) we will have to go through everything all over again if we decide to have another one :/ But I can't complain bc at least God blessed us with this little man who will b here in 5 weeks already :) sounds like a good idea to go ahead and do any cycle just to b safe :)

TTC~sorry about ur BFN :( June will be here before u know it and IVF is a great next step! I know it's hard and u hoped IUI's would work. I know bc I had 7 failed IUI cycles myself. Hopefully IVF is your answer! Good luck!

User Image

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo