Community post

Discussion

February 2016 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those of us participating in IUI or IVF during February!

Baby dust to everyone... let's get some good news this round!

116 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 116 Replies | Last Page

Good morning ladies,

TTC - I'm sending your loads of sticky vibes. I hope that you get your BFP in a few days and don't have to go through IVF. Thanks, for the support. we're hoping we can put that money into our down payment but if not at least we have the money already saved.

Bens - How are you doing?

2moms - I'm glad to hear that most of the Cysts are gone on their own. It sucks that you have to wait another cycle for everything to finish calming down but it sounds like things are heading in the right direction. Good for you for going to a counselor. I've been going to mine for a couple of weeks now and it seems to help a bit. I hope it helps you too. Good luck.

Baby - You're moving right along now. I hope everything went well at your scan. I look forward to hearing your update.

Chaffins - I'm sorry about the pre-ecclampsia and bed rest. I truely hope you can make it to 37 weeks. i Hope you're able to remain at home rather than in the hospital.

Kethryes - How are you doing? Good luck with the test. I'm sure everything will be just fine for your babies.

Mem - I hope your lining thickens out again. Good luck at your mid cycle U/S. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get your BFP at the end.

AFM - well this week is already going better than last week. I ended up going to a get together with the wives of the guys my DH works with. we streamed my friend's funeral since it was out in BC Canada. It was nice to be there as a group but it started off a bit rough for me as one of the ladies had a little girl who would have been the same age as my baby had life turned out differently. I ended up opening up to them about what we've been going through and how we're preping for IVF. It was so nice, it felt like a weight coming off of my shoulders. several of them sympathized. one even told me about how she had multiple losses while she was trying for her girls. one of them is a nurse by profession and she said she'd give me a hand if I ever needed help with the injections, actually she was the one that put more effort into including me into the group. DH came home on sunday and we celebrated our Valentines day on monday by going to see Deadpool.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

8 years ago

Margie - what did you think of Deadpool? I've heard it was good but not what people had expected it to be.

My E2 levels were ok today at 768. When she was measuring my follicles, she measured about 5 on each side all about 7-12mm (saying there were smaller ones underneath she wasn't going to measure yet), but only mentioned 3 in the report (2x10mm & 1x12mm). I'm not sure how to feel about that yet. We go back again for another check on Thursday morning so hopefully better news. Trying not to panic and get concerned bur it is so hard not to fret over everything at this point.

8 years ago

Margie M -

It actually does help to open up to people about the struggle. We wanted to keep it private but when you open up, you start to hear that is wasn't always easy for everyone, like you thought. Good for you.

I am fine. Waiting for my next cycle to start so I can do a FET. It will be sooner than later now. But this wait was very difficult. And in the interim, 3 couples announced their pregnancy around the same time I was going to announce mine. So that made me a little sad.

Thanks so much for asking.

BABY DUST to all of us!

8 years ago

Bens - I totally hear you on people announcing their pregnancies. It's rough. I hope you cycle starts soon so you can move into your FET. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Baby - I really liked deadpool. I thought it was hilarious, but I didn't have any expectations for it though. All in all I totally recommend seeing it as long as you don't have a problem with over the top violence. I hope everything goes well with your scan tomorrow. I don't know what to say abuot only recording the three. Maybe she only records ones that have reached a certain size? Good luck.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

8 years ago

Hello ladies!

Bens - good luck on your FET! FX for you that all goes well. Keep us posted!

Margie - yes, that was the correct answer! They input all of what they measure into their system and the report only pulls certain sizes for certain days/cycles/protocol/etc...

Today's scan looked good I believe. E2 levels went up to 1521 so rising great! Measured 7 follicles on my left side and 5 on my right (actually measured more, but these were the ones that made it on the report!). We start adding Ganirelix tomorrow to our shot schedule and go back for next scan on Saturday morning. Slow and steady :)

Keth - thinking of you! Praying that all goes smoothly for you and those precious babies!

8 years ago

Hello ladies. I thought I'd pop back in with an update. Thanks so much for all your condolences. This has been a roller coaster of a month. So I officially miscarried on Sunday. This is my second miscarriage in less than a year and I've taken it hard but I'm trying to find solace in the fact that I've gotten pregnant once on my own and with my first iui. I just need these little beans to stick! Next steps for me are to get more blood work next week to check that my HCG levels are back to normal and then I have to schedule an MRI of my uterus. After the results we'll go from there. I'm assuming if the MRI is normal once my cycle restarts we'll try another IUI. My RE told me that while I responded well to the clomid it thinned my lining so for the next IUI I'll be on femara instead.

8 years ago

Hey Ladies,
sorry i've been MIA - just need to detach for a bit and forget about it all as much as I could - which i don't know if it was a good or bad thing

JF - i'm sorry you have to go through this. I've done femara and I like it much better then clomid I hope your MRI goes well and you are ready to start your next IUI

BabyP- How are you feeling? Seems like everything is progressing well. Can you explain how many shots you actually take - i hear so many different things but I know everyone has a different plan.

Keth - how did the test go??

Margie - glad to hear you were able to open up! that's so helpful eh. I did with a few ladies at work too....2 of them are at clinic as well! Who would have thought!!

TTC - that's a crazy drive - can you possibly fly?

2moms - How was the counselor visit - hopefully helpful. I've never gone to one before but I am intruguied. I'm glad all your cyst are almost gone! YAY!! Hopefully CD1 is soon!

Chaffins - bedrest will be worth it in the end! Hopefully it goes by quickly!

Basia - glad to see everything is going well you are so close now!!

Mem - how is your bleeding? i hope it stoped? Are you able to start a new cycle?

Bens - hope your hysteroscopy went well..how are u feeling?

AFM - we had our iui yesterday and today. I believe I ended up with at least 2 or 3 eggs...on my ultarsound on thursday we were at 21, 18, 16 - so by friday and HCG shot i'm sure they grew. The iui went well. Again we didn't look at numbers which was nice (last time we had really good numbers 30 million post wash! HIGHEST yet! - but still BFN) so I don't think they matter. They told us yesterday and today that our numbers were good.....Actually today was our actually FS doing the IUI instead of his assistant. So we picked him brain a bit. He actually started off saying I dont get why your not preggers you should be the numbers are great on both sides so if it doesn't work this time were meeting for a new game plan (big leagues - IVF maybe). Anyways that reassured me a bit. I also had SEVERE ovulation pains and he told me it was normal and the ovaries stretching hes like as soon as the pain stops that mean ovulation happen. so YAY! Another piece he told me is that the clinic its a 1yr wait for government fund IVF (way to long, rather pay i think) but if we do ivf they do shared cost - so if you get BFP you pay, if its BFN then you get HALF your money) The cost is 8400 (canadian) plus meds which seems reasonable.

So fingers crossed for this 2ww wait but if not, i know there are other options. But we will take a break for a month or 2 to give my body a break from the hormones

PS - i got the biggest bruise from a needle this month! first time i got one too!

Me: 30 DH:32 TTC since Oct 2014 Dec 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy Diagnosed with hashimoto's thyroiditis on synthroid 75mcg 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - (April, June, July) Laparoscopy in July 2015 - mild endometriosis, lots of scar tissue 4 rounds of femara with TI - (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec) Jan, Feb 2016 - super ovulation cycle/overlap - femara/gonal-f with trigger/back to back iui/progesterone - March/April - break from it all May - femara and TI intercourse - one last chance - BFN June - IVF prep month July - IVF!!!

8 years ago

Hey Ladies,
sorry i've been MIA - just need to detach for a bit and forget about it all as much as I could - which i don't know if it was a good or bad thing

JF - i'm sorry you have to go through this. I've done femara and I like it much better then clomid I hope your MRI goes well and you are ready to start your next IUI

BabyP- How are you feeling? Seems like everything is progressing well. Can you explain how many shots you actually take - i hear so many different things but I know everyone has a different plan.

Keth - how did the test go??

Margie - glad to hear you were able to open up! that's so helpful eh. I did with a few ladies at work too....2 of them are at clinic as well! Who would have thought!!

TTC - that's a crazy drive - can you possibly fly?

2moms - How was the counselor visit - hopefully helpful. I've never gone to one before but I am intruguied. I'm glad all your cyst are almost gone! YAY!! Hopefully CD1 is soon!

Chaffins - bedrest will be worth it in the end! Hopefully it goes by quickly!

Basia - glad to see everything is going well you are so close now!!

Mem - how is your bleeding? i hope it stoped? Are you able to start a new cycle?

Bens - hope your hysteroscopy went well..how are u feeling?

AFM - we had our iui yesterday and today. I believe I ended up with at least 2 or 3 eggs...on my ultarsound on thursday we were at 21, 18, 16 - so by friday and HCG shot i'm sure they grew. The iui went well. Again we didn't look at numbers which was nice (last time we had really good numbers 30 million post wash! HIGHEST yet! - but still BFN) so I don't think they matter. They told us yesterday and today that our numbers were good.....Actually today was our actually FS doing the IUI instead of his assistant. So we picked him brain a bit. He actually started off saying I dont get why your not preggers you should be the numbers are great on both sides so if it doesn't work this time were meeting for a new game plan (big leagues - IVF maybe). Anyways that reassured me a bit. I also had SEVERE ovulation pains and he told me it was normal and the ovaries stretching hes like as soon as the pain stops that mean ovulation happen. so YAY! Another piece he told me is that the clinic its a 1yr wait for government fund IVF (way to long, rather pay i think) but if we do ivf they do shared cost - so if you get BFP you pay, if its BFN then you get HALF your money) The cost is 8400 (canadian) plus meds which seems reasonable.

So fingers crossed for this 2ww wait but if not, i know there are other options. But we will take a break for a month or 2 to give my body a break from the hormones

PS - i got the biggest bruise from a needle this month! first time i got one too!

Me: 30 DH:32 TTC since Oct 2014 Dec 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy Diagnosed with hashimoto's thyroiditis on synthroid 75mcg 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - (April, June, July) Laparoscopy in July 2015 - mild endometriosis, lots of scar tissue 4 rounds of femara with TI - (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec) Jan, Feb 2016 - super ovulation cycle/overlap - femara/gonal-f with trigger/back to back iui/progesterone - March/April - break from it all May - femara and TI intercourse - one last chance - BFN June - IVF prep month July - IVF!!!

8 years ago

Hoping, fingers crossed for this IUI. I hope this try is the one! As about IVF, returning 50? in case of not success, is a good thing as it shows that they are sure for their success!
As about bruises! I have many of them and once it got a very big area! I still have anti- clot injections. Good luck dear!

Jmolo, once again I am so sorry for the mc. Why are you going to have the MRI? I hope you feel better!

Babypath! When do you consider you have the eggs retrieval? I hope the best luck dear! I am so happy you are so close! Good luck!

Margie, it is nice you find that girl! I hope you feel more relaxed talking about your journey!

2moms, you too, talking to a councelor is very good! Our positive thinking always helps!

Thanks of you for thinking me! Amniocentesis was ok, two needles but everything went ok. I guess that risk has gone. Now I am waiting for the results. I will have some tomorrow and the rest on 10 to 15 days. I hope my babies are healthy! Fingers crossed!
If you need any detail about the test, please tell me!
It will my pleasure to inform any girl that wants to do it.
Good luck my friends! You are so helpful!

8 years ago

I just had the first results which include test for down syndrom and they were normal. The babies are one boy and one girl. Now i finally can relax and enjoy my pregnancy. On Thursday I go back at work.
With all my heart, for each of you i wish the best luck! This journey sometimes is hard (for me it took 4-5 years and one mc ,3 failed IUIs and an IVF) , but sooner or later the dream comes true for all of us.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo