Community post

Discussion

February 2016 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those of us participating in IUI or IVF during February!

Baby dust to everyone... let's get some good news this round!

116 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 116 Replies | Last Page

I am definitely in the right group now!

My first iui failed miserably. I normally have a 28-30 day cycle with a nice healthy 14 day luteal phase. Well my lp was only 9 days and this entire cycle was only 23 days. I've never, in 2 years of tracking, had a cycle shorter than 27 days. I took an hcg booster on 5 dpiui and from what I understand that is prescribed as progesterone support. I don't understand how I can have such a short cycle with all the meds. I am calling tomorrow to schedule my cd 3 baseline appointment and will tell them to inform the RE about my very short lp and cycle.

I'm pretty crushed. I know a lot of women require around 3 iui's to get a bfp, but still... :(

It looks like I'll be having my second iui around Feb. 19 or 20.

Hope you all are doing better.

8 years ago

mem - sorry to hear i wonder why it was so short this time?I hope u get some answers soo!!

JF - that's great news! I wish you all the best and hope those numbers keep going up. let us know the results of the next test!
I'm out - my AF came all full force

Bens - how'd the hysteroscopy go?

TTC- how did the iui go, hope the 2ww go quick with great results at the end!

margie - how are you doing??

AFM - AF came full force this week, i went from anger to tears we are going to do another femara/gonal-f/iui cycle and then meet with the dr if it doesn't work.

Did my day 3 workup today - they tested my prolactin? this was a new one for me - hopefully its ok

baby dust to all!

Me: 30 DH:32 TTC since Oct 2014 Dec 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy Diagnosed with hashimoto's thyroiditis on synthroid 75mcg 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - (April, June, July) Laparoscopy in July 2015 - mild endometriosis, lots of scar tissue 4 rounds of femara with TI - (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec) Jan, Feb 2016 - super ovulation cycle/overlap - femara/gonal-f with trigger/back to back iui/progesterone - March/April - break from it all May - femara and TI intercourse - one last chance - BFN June - IVF prep month July - IVF!!!

8 years ago

Mem-I'm so sorry your IUI didn't work. I just had my 7th and last IUI

Hoping- I'm sorry AF showed. So dissapointing

Afm-IUI went well but I think our timing was off. Not sure if I O'd on IUI day which was Thursday or if it happened on Friday. I hope we caught the egg or eggs!

Me 39. DH 35 TTC since Nov 2013 Me-2 DD 8 & 9 from prev. relationship Clomid Cycle 1-MC 7/22 cycle 2 & 3 BFN 1st IUI February 2014 BFP on 2/22 4/2 blighted ovum IUI 2-6 BFN IUI #7-100mg clomid, follitism, novarel

8 years ago

I don't know why it didn't work. Something definitely went wrong though! I've not had this short a cycle in as long as I can remember. My progesterone has always been on the low side and I tried to get my gyn and my RE to give me progesterone but since my lp was ALWAYS 14-16 days they said I didn't need it.
I'm calling my RE first thing in the morning to schedule my baseline appointment and I am for sure going to have the receptionist tell the doctor how bad this was. (Spotting from 5dpiui then a 9 day lp) I just don't understand because I took an hcg booster last Monday so I don't know how I can have an earlier af.
We are planning on 3 iui's--maybe 4. Then we are moving on to ivf. I only found out before this first iui that my RE has diagnosed me with unexplained infertility. He thinks I have a little PCOS based on one ultrasound, but most of my u/s don't look pcos. We have no male factor problem. I think I am going to ask if I can do Clomid+hcg shot+iui this cycle. I did Femara instead of Clomid for IUI #1, but I've gotten pregnant with Clomid alone in the past year. Then for iui #3 I think I'm going to ask for injectables.

8 years ago

Mem401- sorry to hear. Hope you get answers about the strange lp soon

TTC how are you feeling and when will you test?

hoping- gl this cycle!

jfmolo- so exciting!

afm- no signs of the witch and on CD34 after their crazy overstimulation mixup. I called this morning and they want me to come in for a screen scan tomorrow to determine why there hasn't been any af when there was so much going on in my ovaries three weeks ago. Then they'll determine what to do next. I'm so over this and frustrated with them. It's been a year since our first RE appointment and months since we've even been able to get to the IUI step (Nov 6 was our last IUI).

8 years ago • Post starter

2moms- I am hanging in there since my IUI. Trying not to get my hopes up since we've had no luck with 6 previous iui's. And I think our IUI timing was bad this cycle. Looking like I ovulated a day after my IUI. I think I'm just destined to go to the big leagues (in other words IVF). But I'm still hoping it takes this time! I've been feeling really crampy which is weird. But I'm only 4 DPIUI so nothing would be happening yet so trying to to read too much into it (even though I desperately want to)

Good luck! I hope they figure out what's going on quick so you can move onto the next cycle

Me 39. DH 35 TTC since Nov 2013 Me-2 DD 8 & 9 from prev. relationship Clomid Cycle 1-MC 7/22 cycle 2 & 3 BFN 1st IUI February 2014 BFP on 2/22 4/2 blighted ovum IUI 2-6 BFN IUI #7-100mg clomid, follitism, novarel

8 years ago

Good morning ladies,

TTC - I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope you won't have to go to the big leagues.

2moms - I hope they're able to give you some ideas about whats going on. They sound like they're very frustrating to deal with.

Mem - I'm so sorry about your cycle. I hope they'll be able to determine what went wrong. I'm really hoping they'll sort it out and you'll get your BFP on you next cycle.d

Hoping - I'm sorry AF showed. I totally understand the mixed bag of emotions. I hope the next cycle works out for you.

Jfmolo - Congrats that's amazing news.

AFM - AF showed last week. I had my first counselling session, which I think helps. Directly after my first session my best friend sent me an SOS. I called it turns out she's pregnant but she though she was miscarrying. She wasn't but she will be monitored now because of the bleeding. I'm happy for her but sad for me, it's her third kid while actively trying to prevent pregnancy. I got to deal with a pregnant co worker who was very in your face about being pregnant, also a surprise pregnancy. I went for my day 3 blood tests for my IVF work up and the clinic had entered it wrong so I couldn't get them done... needless to say I've had an emotional couple of days. I'm feeling better about it now but I had several break downs this weekend. I just would really like for it to be my turn soon.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

8 years ago

JM, congratulations dear! I hope the best for you! I can understand what you mean with the stress of the tests! I had 4or 5 b tests, and i was thinking the same with you! I couldnt stand the waiting of the results! Keep patient, i hope everything will go super!

Margie, i am so sorry for the breakdowns and the blood test that couldnt be done. Your turn will soon come. Dont worry and dont get stressed with others announcements.

Ttclate, good luck with this cycle. I hope it works. Fingers crossed!

2moms, i am so sorry you dont feel disappointed with the clinic. Is there any possibility to go to another? I hope soon things go better for you.

Mem, welcome and good luck! I hope next cycle works for you. Which tests have you already done?

Hoping, a couple of months before my ivf my prolactine was out of the normal range. They told me it could be the stress of the day and not something permanent. To be sure i took some meds and on next test everything was ok. Dont worry, it is something that can be fixed. Good luck!

AFM, amniocentesis will be on 19th. Thinking of the risks, which get worse due to the twins, but it is something i want to do. I have to stay optimistic.

8 years ago

keth- I'm sure we'll all be thinking of you on the 19th! Good for you for staying positive! Unfortunately no, there aren't really other options as far as clinics in our area. This one is already just over an hour away for the main clinic. The next closest is about 2.5 hours away. We've definitely thought about making the drive instead, but we have two more vials of donor sperm stored at our current clinic. We've decided to wait until we've used those. If we get through them with no pregnancy, then we're going to consider our options. I've already been away from work so much though, and my company doesn't have maternity leave. So, as I keep using my sick time to be at appointments I am not going to have any time left when we actually have a baby!

Margie- good for you! Counseling can be so helpful, especially with all the announcements coming your way. While at the RE today someone had brought both her mom and her toddler to wait in the lobby, and I was irrationally angry that she clearly had a sitter (grandma) but decided to bring her child to a place filled with people who can't have them. I'm sure there are a million reasons why it happened that way, but I was still mad about it for no reason. This stuff can make us crazy and I'm glad you've found something that might help!

afm- had a scan today to figure out what was happening. LOTS and lots of cysts because of their overstimulation mistake. Of course. We just can't win with this. So, it's looking like we're out this month. Again. We haven't been able to even get to the IUI step since the beginning of November.

They want us to just wait it out and if I don't get af by CD 63 (four more weeks) then to give them a call back to reevaluate. If I "get lucky and get my period in a couple of weeks" (the nurse's words), then I should call them as well. Frankly, I wouldn't describe any of this as "lucky," but that's how she phrased it. They said there's no sense in inducing af because they wouldn't be able to do anything with all these cysts anyway. I have the same movement restrictions still in place. Because of how many cysts are there, any jumping/bouncing/quick movements could mean I lose my ovaries entirely.

I'm not sure why that posted twice! Sorry!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo