Community post

Discussion

January 2016 iui/ivf

View Full Post

For anyone who is doing iui/ivf in January.
Lots of baby dust for a fresh new start in 2016!

Me: 30 DH:32 TTC since Oct 2014 Dec 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy Diagnosed with hashimoto's thyroiditis on synthroid 75mcg 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - (April, June, July) Laparoscopy in July 2015 - mild endometriosis, lots of scar tissue 4 rounds of femara with TI - (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec) Jan, Feb 2016 - super ovulation cycle/overlap - femara/gonal-f with trigger/back to back iui/progesterone - March/April - break from it all May - femara and TI intercourse - one last chance - BFN June - IVF prep month July - IVF!!!

111 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

81 - 90 of 111 Replies | Last Page

Margie - sorry I missed commenting to you yesterday. oh man i feel for your girl, i know the feelings. maybe because ur mind is on it u notice it - radio, tv, fb, its there! just gotta stay positive. When you find the water source, pass it over to us!!

2nd iui went well, the cramping was there but not as bad yesterday so i def think yesterday was ovulation pain and maybe because 3 were ready to burst there was more pain - but hey if it results in a BFP then ill take it. So I start the progestrone pills today and go back to work tomorrow. I took a couple days of works.

as for POAS - i might - I go for a test on the monday Feb 1st but hubby is away that weekend for work, so maybe the sunday I will? We will see how i feel. Maybe that way i could surprise him when he gets home? ahhh i dunno!!
I can't remember how much I took - ill double check. But I can't imagine more then 10,000?

We are so hopeful and positive and i just hope i stay that way. The dr that did the IUI today was like well next week time we see you it will be for good news and maybe ull have twins!! ahh it was sweet!!

Me: 30 DH:32 TTC since Oct 2014 Dec 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy Diagnosed with hashimoto's thyroiditis on synthroid 75mcg 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - (April, June, July) Laparoscopy in July 2015 - mild endometriosis, lots of scar tissue 4 rounds of femara with TI - (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec) Jan, Feb 2016 - super ovulation cycle/overlap - femara/gonal-f with trigger/back to back iui/progesterone - March/April - break from it all May - femara and TI intercourse - one last chance - BFN June - IVF prep month July - IVF!!!

8 years ago • Post starter

Hoping - I'm glad your IUI went well. I hope the extra cramping was just those follicle releasing some awesome eggs. I think I am more sensitive but I think there are just a lot of people around me who have gotten pregnant in the past few months. Usually it happens in one's and two's.

AFM - we're trying naturally this cycle and I'm pretty sure I just ovulated. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we caught the egg this time.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

8 years ago

Hoping, good luck during your wait! Glad to hear the IUI went well. Praying for you!

Margie, FX you catch the egg! Hopefully you are one of the "ones and two's" that get to announce soon! :)

8 years ago

Thanks baby. If not, at least I've started the process for IVF

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

8 years ago

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA for a bit. We got some frustrating news so it's been a difficult few days. I'll catch up on everyone's details soon!

It looks like a lot of you are in the 2ww. My fingers are crossed for everyone!

Afm- I posted after our appointment last Wednesday when everything went well! At that appointment, the nurse said to keep with the current follistim dosage for the next few nights, and return on Saturday. They said they'd call if we needed to change the dosage after the doc reviewed the blood work levels. We learned on Saturday when we arrived that someone was supposed to call us to switch my dosage on the injections. No one called, so we'd never changed it. When we pointed this out to the nurse she said "oh, that's okay" without any apology that no one had called to change our treatment plan based on the doc's recommendations. Likely because of this mistake, we were doing a smaller dosage and had very little response at Saturday's appointment. The nurse told us to keep doing injections at that level and schedule for Monday for the next blood work and ultrasound (without talking to the doctor, who'd made the determination assuming the staff had called us and our meds had been different for the previous few days). All of this happened at their main office, which is just over an hour away from us. We have a home office that's about 25 minutes away, but they have limited hours and can't do all of the same procedures. So, we had gone up there for the HSG and for a Saturday appointment.

When we went in Monday to our home office, I was incredibly overstimulated and at high risk for OHSS. The nurse at our home office was really upset that their main office had failed to do their duty to update my treatment. The home office said my levels were more than 3x the level where they start to get concerned. The cycle was canceled, and I have to be on high alert for my symptoms in case we have to go to the ER. I also have to avoid any bouncing, jumping, running movements because of the risk of ovarian torsion. The last couple of days my symptoms have certainly gotten worse. I've had some difficulty breathing and an inability to stand up straight at all in addition to my movement restrictions.

I'm really frustrated for so many reasons. I'm upset that the cycle was canceled, I'm upset that I'm in this constant overstimulated pain that isn't supposed to end until af shows. It's hard enough to go through this knowing there's nothing you can do but listen to your doctor, but then knowing that your doctor's office isn't holding up their end of the bargain is really frustrating. We asked the home office nurse if we were correct in assuming that if someone had called us as they were supposed to, we'd been in a better spot and triggering on Saturday night/doing IUI Monday morning instead of getting the OHSS news. She said that was probably true, though of course it's hard to tell.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for letting me rant!

8 years ago

2moms,

Wow that is extremely frustrating! First of all, I hope you recover soon and you don't get any worse! Secondly, are they going to comp your next round of medications and/or visits due to their screw up? Did they mention anything like that?

We had a similar frustration with people not doing their jobs. After we had completed our 2nd IVF cycle last summer, we found out that the pharmacy neglected to file our meds with our secondary insurance that they were given. We were surprised each time that our meds were as high as they were with 2 insurances, but as it was our first & second time (one after the other) only to ever deal with IVF meds, we had no idea what should have been covered or not. So out of pocket each cycle, we were paying $4-$6k only to find out about them not ever filing.
This cycle I demanded a different pharmacy and this one got it right! Only $163 out of pocket for ALL meds! Makes me sick to think of last summers extra $10k gone due to incompetence!

I hope you get back on track soon and keep us updated please!

8 years ago

Hi ladies,

2moms2be - Wow. I can't believe the level of incompetence that they displayed. I'm with babypath, I hope they comp you some medication or treatments. I hope you start feeling better soon.

AFM - I've just found out DH and I have to potpone starting IVF until the summer. On the other hand I've finally heard back from the Clinic so I can at least get started with the preliminary stuff. No pregnancy for me before I turn 30 it seems. At least I know.

8 years ago

margie - why do you have to postpone? don't worry I'm 30 too, i use to think i'd be married with kids by 24...i got married at 28. 30 is the new 24 to me!

2mom - that's horrible!! i can't believe the mix up! where are u located? like Baby said def ask for some comp for money and hormones. Totally their fault!!!! I'm angry for u!! Are u able to take anything for the pain???

baby - i can't believe u got mixed up too with cost - did u ever get it back??

afm - had acupuncture today and feeling good. trying to take it as easy as possible.

Do you ladies DTD during 2 week - i've heard mix things. I heard no for ivf but what about IUI? i feel bad for DH but I rather not shake things up!

8 years ago • Post starter

Hoping - I have to delay because I'm military and they're sending me away for training. I'll be away until june. It really sucks but after I'm done I shouldn't have to go away again for a while.

8 years ago

Hello ladies! Thought I was check in to see how everyone was doing.

Hoping- that's great you've been doing acupuncture and trying to relax. I have a massage tomorrow I'm looking forward to. As for having sex after an iui as far as I'm aware it's just fine. My dr said to have sex the night of iui and next day which we did. I've been too tired this week with work but thinking might be nice this weekend. Lol

Margie - I'm sorry you have to postpone. That must be frustrating.

2moms- wow! How frustrating! I'd be so upset. Especially the fact that these procedures are not cheap.

Afm I'm just trying to get through this 2ww with out going crazy. Thankfully work has kept me busy this week and dh & I are thinking of going away for the weekend. I have my blood test next Thursday so 1 more week to go! I've been doing positive visualization everyday and have a massage tomorrow. Going to try and do some restorative yoga at some point and perhaps a Thai massage. It's so hard trying to take it easy when I'm usually off skiing or doing something strenuous outdoors.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo