Community post

Discussion

Ontario and Ohip Coverage confused about funding

Hi everyone
If anyone is from ontario and taking part in the ohip funding I have some questions. I tired to call Ohip for answers but I got a bit of a run around

so last month i signed paper work saying this will be an ohip funded cycle I got excited thinking i didn't have to pay the 700 iui fee

well the day comes and we are paying it (400 for 1 iui or 700 for back to back) I was so confused
they told me the funding covered the bloodwork and ultrasound and you still pay for iui. I was a little confused because this was the exact same thing we were paying before funding, she told me that before that the dr was absorbing the costs.

but from what ohip said iui is covered minus drugs

i'm confused and I will be contacting the clinic

has anyone had something similar?

thanks

Me: 30 DH:32 TTC since Oct 2014 Dec 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy Diagnosed with hashimoto's thyroiditis on synthroid 75mcg 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - (April, June, July) Laparoscopy in July 2015 - mild endometriosis, lots of scar tissue 4 rounds of femara with TI - (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec) Jan, Feb 2016 - super ovulation cycle/overlap - femara/gonal-f with trigger/back to back iui/progesterone - March/April - break from it all May - femara and TI intercourse - one last chance - BFN June - IVF prep month July - IVF!!!

1 Reply • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Only parts of IVF are covered under OHIP now and there is a wait list. Certain surgeries are too like ovarian drilling but medications are not and neither is IUI.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo