Community post

Discussion

August 2015: IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Let's keep those BFP's coming ladies!!!

Prayers, Baby Dust and Sticky Vibes to everyone

TTC 2+ years Me 29 DH 30 4 cycles of Clomid + Trigger BFN 3 cycles IUI with Follistim + trigger BFN IVF #1 Chemical Pregnancy :( IVF #2 BFN FET #1 BFP!!! Beta Numbers 4.1- 168

451 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

281 - 290 of 451 Replies | Last Page

Thanks girls :)

Bens - I'm sorry. The girls here will hook you up on all info IVF! My DH and I were prepared to do it but didn't have to. It seems a bit overwhelming, but I really was getting a lot of comfort in knowing how successful it is (compared to IUI) in percentages. Good luck :)

Shan - I have a fetal doppler that I'm borrowing from a friend. She bought it online and said it was so reassuring especially for down the road in her pregnancy. There are days where you might feel less fetal movement and to do a FHR was soooo reassuring. Sometimes we can get a fetal heart rate starting at 10 weeks, it's a bit of a 50/50. Even on some women at 12-weeks we can't, just a warning if you get one and don't hear a FHR right away.

Margie - Yes, I can understand your frustration for sure!

8 years ago

Bens - I'm sorry AF showed. I haven't experienced IVF.

I didn't hear back and when I called after work it was closed. I'm hoping they called my work phone while I was driving home.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

8 years ago

Catemat~ thanks :))

Bens~ I explained my ivf cycle but it was so long that it's now on page 14 lol!

User Image

8 years ago

Shan - THANK YOU!
I'm going to have many more questions
I'm sure. But WHY 6 weeks? That sounds like
the most miserable part. She you are trying to
conceive, that seems like a lifetime!!!! And talk to
Me about the egg retrieval... How painful is it??
I have my initial consult sept 4. I guess this is
just the our journey....

Thanks ladies for all your support.

I'm TRULY happy for all the BFP's. Keep it coming!

If a September (or I guess even October) board
Is formed, let me know. I'm gonna need some sistas
In this process, as all other women in my life just
Got pregnant from thinking about it...

8 years ago

Bens~They want to get your body on their schedule. So they can control your cycle. So they put u on BC so u can't ovulate. Then the Lupron makes it where your reproductive hormone system doesn't work/shuts down. They make it where u ovulate right when they need u to. The other meds make u produce more than the 1 normal follicle you usually would (like with IUI). The good thing with the egg retrieval is your all the way out under anesthesia so you have no idea what's going on!! I won't lie and say it's all rainbows and sunshine but it's not horrible. You just really cramp for a few days after. But by the time I went for my day 3 transfer, so that was 3 days after the retrieval, I was just fine and so so happy to have the embryos transferred back in me :) you can do it!!! :)))

User Image

8 years ago

Oh my! I did not realize IVF was so intense! Yikes! So impressed that some of you ladies have gone through that and I can certainly understand the frustration when it doesn't work out.

Sometimes I feel really guilty that it happened so quickly and easy for us, everyone deserves that !

Today is our second ultrasound so hopefully we can get a good heart beat. Will update this afternoon. Ultrasound at 3:30EST.

User Image

8 years ago

Chaffins - Can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes today!

Bens, so sorry about AF! Yes, the IVF process is a bit much when you look at it as a whole, but do-able! Shan's process was different than mine. At my clinic I was on birth control from period day 1 through around day 15. I then had my baseline ultrasound and first blood draw. After being off of birth control for 4 days before I started the stomach injections once in the morning and once at night (which were not bad at all!) and started taking dexamethasone.
This part lasted about 10 days during which I would go in on days 5, 8, 9 & 10 for ultrasounds to check follicles and blood work to check hormone levels. Day 7 of that, I added Ganirelix shot (stomach and again not bad) in the mornings. I triggered on day 10.

Retrieval for me the first round was horrible. I believe I had gotten some fluid (because of all the bloating) up underneath my right lung and it killed me to lie down at ALL. I couldn't breath when I tried and just was miserable. This time, retrieval was a breeze! But I also made sure I didn't even attempt to lie down until day 3 :-)

Transfer is easy peasy and then you are PUPO!

Everyone's cycles are different and each doctor is different. The overall process is similar. There are many paths to reach a final destination!!

8 years ago

Babypath and Shan! Thank you so much!
You have no ide how much your words of
Encouragement mean to me. Can you tell me
More about the bloating? How long does not last?
We're you in pain after retrieval? How many times
Did you have to do IVF?

I have my consult on sept 4. So I have one more
Cycle to try naturally. But I obviously have very
Low expectations for that. I may take letrazole
Just to give me an boost.

Thanks again ladies!

8 years ago

Hey ladies,

I finally got everything (mostly) settled with my RE clinic. They have a weird system so despite the fact that I've been a patient there for almost a year they couldn't find me in the system because my referral had expired. I didn't know referrals could expire but apparently I was wrong. so eventually I went into the clinic and the wonderful doctor who I saw originally was able to just write me a new referral so that I can continue with my IUI this month. Somehow I think there's a lot of paperwork behind the scenes that I hadn't seen and some of it got skipped over. on the bright side, I start my Clomid today and I have an appointment for my U/S on the 24th. Please send me positive vibes. I hope this works.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

8 years ago

Margie that is great news!

AFM, beta numbers:
13 dpo - 143
15 dpo - 366

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo