Community post

Discussion

Spotting at 9 dpo

View Full Post

So is it early aunt flow or implantation bleeding!!?!? Anyone else having a bit of spotting?
I'm excited?!?! But scared to get excited over nothing.....

~Momma Me~

127 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 127 Replies | Last Page

Coming off the pill will make it a very odd cycle. You can spot for days before and after AF! I suppose you won't even know your luteal phase yet. I hope things resolve themselves for you soon. The in limbo phase is tough!

By the way, you can't confirm ovulation with an OPK. They measure lutenizing hormone which peaks before ovulation. So it can tell you you are likely to ovulate within a day or two of the positive. I do BBT charting because then my temperature shift tells me I have ovulated. It is REALLY useful for keeping track of what is going on in your body. Takes out a whole lot of guesswork.

I am 12DPO today and no spotting. Would expect it to start tomorrow or the next day if not pregnant though... Time will tell!

10 years ago

So I'm still lightly spotting. I'm going to call it AF. But the problem with that is my lutal phase will be 9 days. When doesn't seem right. Ugh. All this stuff is do unclear.

:(
Off for weekend vacation.

~Momma Me~

10 years ago • Post starter

Don't call it AF until it is full flow - red blood. That is CD 1. I spot for three days before AF, those are all part of the previous cycle.

I started spotting today so looks like AF will come in a few days - as usual :(

10 years ago

So Saturday night... after hiking 17 miles in Yosemite I got a scary AF. It was pretty heavy. So I'm worried that the workout was too much for my body. Thankfully, everything is back to normal now and it should be over soon. This was definitely a weird month body wise for me!

~Momma Me~

My spotting was an early AF. This cycle was very odd for me. Blood test showed no ovulation even though all signs were there. Staring round #3 of Clomid. Doctor up my dosage to 100mg. Argh!

10 years ago

Hi Mommame. I find that if I do some exercise it causes the flow to be faster. I don't think it's bad for you at all. Good luck for the next cycle! My AF finally came this morning so CD1. Hopefully this time ay? :)

Bayouwife do you do temping? Unfortunately signs of ovulation can come before you ovulate, then no egg actually be released. Odd that AF was early after this though. I assume you are talking about clomid when you say you ate on 100mg this cycle? I am on clomid too. I think it will be 50mg again but not sure yet. Rang the fertility clinic today but wasn't able to find out. The will call me tomorrow morning so I know. I don't know if it did anything for me. Cycle was exactly the same as the previous one which was pre-clomid! It was nice to be monitored though. I hope this cycle goes better for you and that you ovulate!!! :)

10 years ago

Shelob- I did my temp when ttc our first, but with my crazy sleep schedule decided just to use the opks and bd every other day the week of ovulation this time around. I may start temping again. Yes, I am on Clomid. I had to use it to conceive my dd after ttc for 9mo on our own. We conceived on Clomid month 3. I was 34yo, so I didn't have the luxury of time and certainly do not now. We started trying for #2 in October 2012 and conceived that month, to my amazement, but mc at 6 weeks. We have tried on our own since then to no avail, so started Clomid in July (which is when we were due from the Oct pg).

Is this your first time on Clomid? We can be cycle buddies as we are only 3 days apart.

10 years ago

Hi Bayouwife, that would be lovely :) It is so nice being able to compare notes with others going through similar things!

i am glad to hear you had success after three cycles of clomid. That's what the statistics say should happen! I wait eagerly :) I wish I could bear to not tempt but we really like know that I have ovulated. It also gives me clues as to when I might be leading up to it and also when AF might be heading my way.

I am 31 so time is not on our side either. That's how I feel anyway :)

10 years ago

Hey all... so crazy week... I am SO confused. So asking for your thoughts... Tried to upload a pic - but I can't figure out how.
I spotted from Mon Aug 12-Thurs Aug 15, light AF came Aug 16 so I thought AF started on Friday Aug 16.

This is supposed to be my fertile week. So this morning I used the OPK, and much to my surprise it said today was my peak day. I thought I wasn't supposed to peak until Friday... LUCKILY... we've been very active this month, so I'm not worried about that, I'm more confused as to why today is my peak.. thats 4 days off. Is that normal? I thought it was 14 days after first day of AF.. is it possible that when the spotting started it was actually AF?
What are your thoughts?
thanks all!
~MommaMe

~Momma Me~

Hi mommame. The day you ovulate can definitely vary hugely, just depending on you and your hormones. The cycle I got pregnant I actually ovulated on CD9. It was a complete surprise as my earliest before that was CD13 and my average CD17. Barely anyone ovulates 14 days after the first day of AF. That is just the average.

You shouldn't ever class spotting as AF. Until you get full flow, it is just the gradual decrease in progesterone which causes the spotting.

Bayouwife how are you going? CD 8 today. I have finished my clomid and started my OPKs. I am terribly curious to see if the clomid does regulate my cycle and cause it to be similar to last month. I will have my first estradiol test on Friday to see how things are developing.

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo