Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

381 - 390 of 709 Replies | Last Page

Hi everyone! This forum has certainly been quiet! I hope everyone is well.

Just wanted to give a quick update and also to ask for opinions.

Today is CD25 - 11dpo. I had strong AF type cramps yesterday and the day before. So strong yesterday, in fact, that I thought AF would start during the night - even though it was 4 days too early! When I got up she hadn't shown, and my BBT was 98.2, the highest I've seen it so far. FF noted on my chart after I added the temp that I have what they call a "triphasic pattern" beginning on CD22. I know a triphasic pattern doesn't guarantee pregnancy, but FF says its more likely on pregnancy charts than non pregnancy charts.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I stopped taking the progesterone pills Sunday, and was supposed to test this morning, but I just couldn't face another BFN. So now I don't know what to do. Should I just wait it out? Take the progesterone again even though it might delay AF? Or test? I don't really want to test! Lol!

User Image

10 years ago

Hi Rebecca

I think you should test because if you are pregnant you need to keep taking your progesterone to sustain your pregnancy. Test!

Afm: 5dpo with sore nipples and dull cramps off and on. Just a wait and see game. I am praying that I have a implantation dip or spotting in a few days.

I'm waiting on you guys to update.

10 years ago • Post starter

CD 8 here.
My birthday is next week turning 45. I'm really looking to make a LO on my birthday.

User Image

10 years ago

thanks for the welcome!

@rebecca73 ... I hate seeing bfn's so I have the fear of taking the test and just wait to see if AF comes. For some reason, I take that better than a bfn. I wish you the best and lots of baby dust!

I'm cd10. Anyone O around this time? Seems a bit early to being gearing up for it. yesterday afternoon I started to get alot of pressure down low, slight nausea and then wet cm.. This morning my temp dropped low. But I was tossing and turning for a couple of hours before finally temping and getting out of bed. If I don't get a bfp this month, I will use opk's next month. I just started temping this month. All my kids were pleasant surprises. This is my first time actually TTC so being THIS aware of my body is all new to me. lol

10 years ago

Hi ladies. I agree with Rebecca everyone is so quiet!

@ctymom, welcome to the forum. All of the ladies here are amazing so I'm glad you decided to join this crazy ride.

@Rebecca, I agree with Zuberi. I think you should test. I will keep my fingers & toes crossed for you! I'm so excited.

@ Zuberi, Good luck this cycle. Best wishes for a BFP this month.

AFM, I'm CD7 and waiting to O but in the meantime I've been reading a lot on natural fertility and although we don't have a diagnosis from our RE yet, I've decided to give natural healing a go and I'm having a maya abdominal massage done this evening. I've read so many wonderful things about it that I figured I have nothing to lose. I will update you after.

Until then, many blessings to all.

User Imagehttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/good_luck.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gif

10 years ago

Rebecca: have you decided on what you are going to do?

Praying4Alil: yeah let us know how it goes.

Cytmom: hang in there

Afm: 6dpo few cramps here and there. Mild back ache. But I am not going to put too much on it. Its too early to symptom spot. Implantation hasn't taken place yet. So almost half way through the tww. I'm praying for you guys.

Hi everyone!

I decided not to test. IF I'm pregnant, I might regret it, but I can't describe how not seeing that BFN has lessened my stress level this cycle. I'm still 2-3 days away from AF, and I'm not depressed and feeling old and used up. I feel happy. I feel NORMAL! Lol. So I think I'm going to go with not testing, until/unless AF doesn't show past the latest date she's expected.

I really struggled taking the progesterone this cycle. To be honest, once we got back home after vacation, I just plain forgot for a few days. But then I felt a real resistance to doing it later on. I did wind up taking it for almost a full week, but it felt wrong. After being depressed for so long, it's hard to say if it was my emotions talking or if I was hearing the Lord tell me that. I guess that might sound silly to some, but to me it feels like a real possibility.

So far as symptoms, I have a head cold and am pretty tired, even though I've been sleeping well. After having those intense cramps I haven't felt a thing. Which is weird. Maybe they're just waiting to come back until closer to AF.

Looking forward to hearing more from everyone.

User Image

10 years ago

14dpo today, CD28. Af could be here today or tomorrow. After my BBT dropping for two days, it went back up today to 98.2, which was the high point from a few days ago. Huh, what's that about? Maybe my head cold playing with my temps?

User Image

10 years ago

Good morning ladies

Rebecca: Maybe you will get a positive hpt! The rise is a great sign.

How are the rest of you guys doing?

Afm: 8dpo I had a dip this morning from 98.3 to 97.9 so I will be testing in two days. I'm praying for a bfp.

Waiting for updates from you guys.

Hello all! Looks like I may have ovulated. My temp went up along with other symptoms. It would put me at dpo2 today. Not a big fan of the TWW. I don't do OPK's. Just CM and CP check along with temping. This is my first full month of temping. So we will see what tomorrows temp holds. But all signs point to ovulation.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo