Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

91 - 100 of 709 Replies | Last Page

Hi Ladies.

KDdid21: Welcome to the group. Feel free to talk about whatever is on your mind. It does not have to be about TTC although when you are trying that seems to consume our every thought. We are glad that you decided to share your TTC journey with us.

Scarlet: You are still early and your temps are a very good sign. I would test again tomorrow with FMU. I think this is your month!

Tiggertt: How are you? You should be on CD5 right? I am considering myself to be on CD4 after my miscarriage so we are in this thing together!

AFM: No news waiting to go get my last blood draw Monday. It should be at 0. since my tests have been negative. Hopefully AF will not show up and I will get another BFP! I am very hopeful.

10 years ago • Post starter

scarlet - yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. In fact, from your chart, I think it's possible that 12dpo could be implantation which means you wouldn't test positive for another few days. I know we don't want to get our hopes up too much but there's also hope til AF shows. Hang in there!

Zuberi - thanks! You have such a great attitude! And it didn't happen for me when I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks, but I've heard that you're more fertile after a miscarriage. Good luck!

AFM - well, I took a test this morning (11dpo) with FMU & there was a very, very, very faint line by the 10 minute mark which darkened up after the 10 minutes. The faint line wasn't dark enough to show up on the photo I posted of it here & that's how my chemical pregnancy was last month so I'm not getting my hopes up yet. Just more waiting, I guess!

10 years ago

Good Morning ladies. Hope everyone is doing good.

Tigerette- How are things going with you. I know you were not going to take the Clomid this month, and you were going to use Mucinex. I used Mucinex the last two cylce and started taking it about 5 days before I noramlly ovulate and continued taking it until after ovulation. And I just took it as directed on the bottle. This month I also started taking a baby aspirin every morning when I take my prenatals I read that it can improve the uterine lining. Praying and keeping that you get your this month.

Zuberi- The way you have held up with everything you have gone through lately has given me more faith than anything. You are an amazing women. I continue to pray God blesses you with a wonderful little baby, as I know you will make a wonderful loving mother. I'm keeping my that you get your this month.

KDdid21- I think you should wait a couple days and test again. I think this could be your cycle. I'm praying you get your in a couple days. Maybe we'll both get our soon. That would be great. Praying this is your cycle.

Afm- I'm 13 dpo and still no sign is going to show up. My temps are still up. I want to thank you girls for all the encouragement. It has meant so much. I'm going to wait another day or two before I test again. But I really think I'm pregnant I haven't had a cycle that went past 10dpo. So keeping my

Chat with you ladies soon.

Love hugs prayers

10 years ago

Hi ladies

KDdid21: a faint positive is a positive. I agree with Scarlet...... give it a few days to let tbe hgc build up in your blood. I'm praying for you.

Scarlet: thank you so much for your prayers. I really need them. I'm praying for you as well.

Afm: I just restocked my vitamins, preseed, opk and softcups. So we will see.

Scarlet... Crossing fingers of news from you!

I am on CD 7. I am pretty sure we missed the day last month .My CM fluid was super wet one day and course that was day the husband said nope can't do it....sigh

This month-- taking vitamins,Clomid and 600 mg of Guaifenisen on Cd 12-19.
Started temp charting, checking daily fluid etc. This is my last cycle of a clomid. I can't deal with it anymore.lack of sleep is doing me in.

10 years ago

Good morning Ladies. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Tigerette- I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you this cycle. And if husband tries to tell you nope can't do it this month, just entice him a little bit more. That's what I do with Greg, it works everytime. LOL.

Zuberi- Praying and keeping fingers crossed for you. I'm hoping you get your this cycle.

KDdid21- How are you feeling? Are you planning to re-test today. I'm praying you get very dark lines today.. Keep us posted.

Afm- 14dpo today, my temp went down to 97.59 this morning which is still well above coverline (96.9) but lower than what I've had for about a week now. I also had some light pink spotting last night on the toilet paper a couple times. So I don't know if AF will show up today or not. I've been praying so hard that this would be our month. And last night when I saw that light pink I just started weeping. I'm so afraid it's never going to happen for me. . I think maybe it's time for another appointment with my OB/GYN I think my next option is going to be Clomid and I was really hoping to do this without it. I'll keep you guys posted.

Chat soon Ladies!

Love hugs prayers

10 years ago

Good evening, everyone!

Zuberi - You definitely sound prepared. You sound like you might be spiritual/religious so I hope you don't mind if I send up a prayer for you tonight. Hopefully your time is coming soon!

Tigerette - I hear ya, my hubby is like that sometimes too. I've found if I just crawl in bed naked he has a difficult time resisting :)

Scarlet - Has AF still failed to show up? That's definitely a good sign! Don't feel bad if you have to use Clomid. It really has been a huge blessing helping so many women have babies who otherwise wouldn't have been able to. It's going to be alright! But hopefully your AF doesn't show up so you don't need it!

AFM - well, I haven't really wanted to say anything because of what happened last month with a super faint positive (a chemical) but over the last 3 days my line has gotten steadily darker! I just couldn't help myself so I got a bunch of tests at the Dollar Store and have been testing every morning & evening, LOL! :) The one I took this evening graduated from faint positive to a regular-ole positive so that's a relief (I never got a full-fledged positive last month)! Of course, the worrying never really ends. My breasts have gradually gotten less sore & my temp went down quite a bit this a.m. so I'll keep testing away for a few more days.

10 years ago

Good morning Ladies!! Hope everyone is well this morning.

Tracie- We're still thinking about you and keeping you in our prayers. Hope your having a great time. We love you.

Tigerette- How is everything. How's the temping going. I agree with KDdid if you just crawl in bed naked the hubby should have a hard time resisting. LOL. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you this cycle and praying so hard you get your soon.

Zuberi- How are you? I too am heading out to restock today lol. And will join you in trying again this cycle. I'm praying soooooo hard we both get our . That would be the greatest blessing. Keeping you in my prayers.

KDdid- !!! I'm so happy for you. Your going to have to keep us all posted on how everything goes. How are you feeling?

Afm- My temp dropped yesterday and today, so I'm back down to my coverline. I've been spotting some since 13dpo and am currently 16dpo. So I'm sure AF should start in full force at anytime. But I'm relieved because I got another yesterday. So I was sure I wasn't pregnant but couldn't figure out why I was having a longer LP. I called my OB/GYN yesterday and talked to her about why I would have a longer LP this cycle, and told her I had started taking the baby aspirin this month and ask her if that could be causing the longer LP and she told me absolutly not. She told me to go get some OPK's and start taking them everyday until I get my positive and bd every other day until my next temp spike. She told me it was possible this cycle that I may not have a very heavy period like I am use to but it's nothing to worry about. So today I'm heading to Wal-mart to pick up some more OPK's, HPT's, mucinex, and baby aspirin, and I'm also going to try the soft cups this month. If anyone has any advice about anything else that might help me I'm all ears lol. I had the most realistic dream a couple nights ago. In the dream I was taking a pregnancy test and it turned positive as soon as the pee went up the little stick so I took another, and another just to make sure and they all turned really positive really fast. It was a great dream. I hope that's a good sign for this next cycle.

Chat soon Ladies!!

Love hugs prayers

10 years ago

Hey ladies

Scarlet: I'm trying bee pollen and royal jelly along with the things you are trying too. Oh and preseed with the softcups. I purchased the royal jelly and bee pollen from walmart. But the preseed and softcups I bought from target.

Hope you guys are having a great weekend.

Good evening, ladies. Just a quick update here & then I have to get ready for bed *yawn*

Well, I have a sinking feeling this is going to turn out to be another chemical. My breasts have nearly stopped aching, my test this a.m. wasn't any darker than 2 days ago, I've been cramping for the last few hours & I've started spotting now - basically all the same stuff that happened last month. Boo! I guess if I'm going to miscarry, I'd rather do it earlier rather than later. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I don't have any good eggs left (if this is a m/c that'll make 3 in a row).

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo