Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

181 - 190 of 709 Replies | Last Page

Scarlet - Thank you for your prayers, and for your words. I truly appreciate them. I hope AF doesn't show for you, but if she does, I'll still be praying for you too. May your appointment in Nov. be a good one.

Mamaof07 - Yay!!! I'm so happy for you! I will indeed pray for peace and joy for you. Keep us updated on how things go.

User Image

10 years ago

Hey ladies.

Momaof7: CONGRATS!!!! I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! We stand in agreement with you. You will have joy and peace during this preg. And your little bundle will be happy and healthy.

Scarlet: how are you? Have you tested yet? Or did AF visit?

Rebeca: you are in my prayers as well.

Afm: my appt went well today. I found out that I didn't ovulate on my last cycle. So I dicided to pray this prayer over my body every night...

.BODY YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE WILL OF GOD. BODY YOU WILL LINE UP AND DO WHAT GOD HAS DESIGNED YOU TO DO (BE FRUITFULL AND MULTIPLY) IT IS THE WILL OF GOD THAT I BE IN GOOD HEALTH AND PROSPER EVEN AS MY SOUL PROSPER. AMEN!

Well the good news is everything else looks good. I've decided not to take the soy isoflavone this cycle. I'm going to just anoint myself and pray the prayet of faith.

I pray you ladies had a great day! Chat with you guys later.

10 years ago • Post starter

rebecca73-Thank you so much for your encouraging words and prayers I really appreciate them! I will keep you updated and I will continue to pray for you!

zuberi- Thank you too for your prayers and your standing in agreement with me!!! It is our Matthew 18:20...I love it! And I love the prayer you are praying over your body...God tells us to be specific in what we ask and that is an awesome prayer!!!! I will be praying for you!!! I 'm glad your appointment went well.

Scarlet-greg- I hope you are well! I am thinking of you! You all are on my daily prayer list..I feel like we all need to be in Bible study or at the same church..lol!!!

You girls are so encouraging and I am so blessed by you all. I have a appointment on Tuesday with my Dr. I am praying for a good report. Have a great rest of your weekend! I will chat with you later!

10 years ago

mamaof07 - Isn't it nice to have other godly women to talk to about ttc, and all the stress and strain that go with it? I find it immensely calming.

I hope all of you have a good rest of the weekend. May God be with you. I look forward to hearing updates from everyone.

User Image

10 years ago

rebecca73- YES it is!!!! I really wished I would have found this group a year ago! It is so wonderful to be bathed in prayer and have such a group of Godly cheerleaders!!
Blessings to you all!!!

10 years ago

Good morning my friends! How are you all doing? I feel like it's been forever since we've chatted....I hope you are all doing well!

Just wanted to give you an update on my appt. yesterday....had my hcg levels checked for the first time in my life and they were not good. I was 4 weeks 6 days yesterday and they were only 605. My Dr. told me that they should be between 1400 and 4000. I have to go back Friday for another blood test to see if they have doubled. I am feeling very hopeless and defeated. I spent time in the word last night and read Gods promises, just hoping for a happy outcome. My Dr. said that I could've ovulated late in my cycle, but I don't think that happened. I won't know my progesterone levels for another day or so. This was not what I wanted to hear. As far as pregnancy symptoms the only thing I am feeling is fatigue and sore boobs.
You all take care and I will continue to lift you all up in prayer! Blessings !

10 years ago

Hey ladies.

Sorry I've been MIA but my phone would not let me log into my email account. Anyway. .....

Mamaof7: don't give up and don't be discouraged. You may have obvulated late. Just keep praying and reading God's promises and let Him deal with everything else. We will be praying for you guys. God will give you peace. HE did I it for me, and he will do the same for you.

Scarlet: How are you? We miss you! Any updates???

Rebecca: how are you feeling?

Afm: I got my positive opk this a.m. (actually I got it last night. But it was my 3rd test and it was late just wanted to see if it had gotten darker from the late afternoon test and it was. Well dh is coming home for lunch to take advantage of the + opk. Prayerfully we can catch the egg this cycle.

Happy hump day! Have a good one ladies!

10 years ago • Post starter

Mamaof07 - Don't be discouraged! If you go online, you'll see that HCG levels can vary widely during pregnancy. For 4 weeks from you last period, these are the numbers I found online : 5 - 426 mIU/ml. So to me, your numbers don't look bad at all. Try not to give up!

I went for my HCG test yesterday. When the nurse called back, she told me it was negative, so I'm not pregnant. She didn't really allow me to ask questions, so I don't know what my levels were, although I guess it doesn't matter. She also said I ovulated LAST week, when the nurse last week told me it was the week before. So it just made me feel like she didn't know my case at all.

So now I'm waiting for AF. She should show up Thursday or Friday, although since I was on the progesterone they said it will probably delay it for a few days. I'm just really feeling defeated, and like it will never happen again. This is all I've ever wanted...and it feels like this hope has just been taken and stomped to death.

User Image

10 years ago

Good Afternoon Ladies. Hope this post finds everyone doing well.

Mamaof7- Hang on to God's word. Don't get discouraged. Let God give you peace over this. And as far as HCG levels go they vary from women to women and pregnancy to pregnancy. I'm keeping you in my daily prayers.

Zuberi- that you and DH catch an egg. I'm praying so hard for you. I know God is just waiting to bless you with a little miracle.

Rebecca- Sorry that your test was negative. But I know God wants to bless you. So don't let this month get you down. You just get to try with me and Zuberi this cycle. I'm praying we all 3 get our this cycle.

Afm- Sorry I've been MIA Jarred brought 2 of his Frat brothers home with him Thursday. So I had 3, 18 yr old boys and Sierra. Plus this past weekend we have a local festival called Court Days it's kinda like an old days swap meet. Anyway Greg's Vol. Fire Department does a lot of stuff so we were all engrossed in that from Thursday to Sunday. And I had no idea how much 3 boys could eat. It was like cooking for an army lol but I loved it. I sent them all back with 6 pounds of chocolate fudge lol. And clean clothes. It just reminded me how much I miss having Jarred at home.
And Af arrived on Thursday so I'm currently CD7. I don't know what my deal was last month I ended up having a 37 day cycle with a 20 day luteal phase. I haven't had a cycle that long since they started me on my meds. So I'll be trying again this cycle.

Chat with you ladies soon.

Love hugs prayers

10 years ago

Good morning ladies!

Scarlet - Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I know how much my 15 year old eats, so I can't imagine how you cooked for 3 guys. :) Can stress cause a longer than normal cycle? Praying this cycle will be normal for you and that you get your BFP!

Zuberi - Good luck dear! Hope you catch that egg! :)

Mamaof07 - how are you? I've been praying for you.

Ladies, I was reading online about HCG testing and wanted to ask your opinion. My RE said I O'd on 10/8. If implantation can take 6-12 days, then I'd implant anywhere from 10/14-10/20. According to what I read, HCG is produced once implantation happens. I had my test on 10/22....could I have just implanted later and there not have been enough in my system for the test to have the numbers they were looking for?

I know I'm grasping at straws here. :) My dh said instead of just falling from a 3 story building it's like I've decided to go to the 10th floor and jump off. (Talking about how disappointed I'll be if/when AF starts.) I think of it more as I've already fallen from the 3rd floor (hearing the news that I wasn't pregnant), but have managed to catch something halfway down and now I'm hanging around, waiting to fall the rest of the way if AF shows.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo