Community post

Discussion

40 and TTC # 2 after 19 yrs

View Full Post

Hello Ladies,
I am 40 and DH is 50. We are trying to conceive our first together. I had a TR in August of 2013 and we stated trying in November 2013. I would like to share this journey with you ladies.

709 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

221 - 230 of 709 Replies | Last Page

Rebecca - That is AWESOME about your levels!!!! Praise God!!!! SOOOOOOOOO happy for you!!!

[baby_dust]

10 years ago

Good Afternoon Ladies!!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I just wanted to check in on everyone and see how everybody is doing.

Rebecca- Praying so hard this is your month. And so excited about your HIGH reading this morning. Have fun tonight!!

Mrs.Ward- I think adoption is a wonderful thing but still don't give up on creating your own little miracle. Greg and I have talked about adopting as well and there was a baby that was born and abandoned at the Hospital I work at earlier in the year. She was a beautiful little girl and as soon as I held her I lost my heart to her the only people that held & cuddled her after she was born were her nurses (which included me). And because of a policy my hospital has they wouldn't allow us to adopt her unless I gave up my job (and we can't afford for me to do that I'm the one that carries our insurance). She is still in Foster Care (I have a friend who is a Social Worker) and I think about her everyday and how much Greg and I could have loved her. Not being able to adopt her hurt me as much as not being successful in conceiving myself. I pray everyday that God sends her a wonderful, loving family. So if adoption is something you and dh have talked about it's a wonderful thing to do and you can still try yourself.

Afm- I think I ovulated Sunday (according to my temps) so that would make me 2dpo. I guess we'll see what God has in store for me this month. This will be our first Thanksgiving without my Dad and I'm really not looking forward to it. But sometimes I think that when God takes one of our family members home with him he sends us another little miracle to welcome into the family. So I'm hoping that this year for the holiday's I can share some good news with my mom and grandmother, that while it may not keep us all from mourning my Dad still it may give everyone something cheerful to look forward to.

Chat with you Ladies soon.

Love hugs prayers

10 years ago

Hi. I am also 40 and have a 22 year old and 20 year old, both boys, from previous marriage. Conceived my baby boy at 37 (3 yo now) and trying for baby #4. What a journey! :) Good luck!

10 years ago

Good morning ladies

Rebecca: I'm excited for you! BD.BD. BD Girl! Lol we are praying that you guys catch that egg.

Msward: I agree with Scarlet. You guys can be a blessing to an adopted child as well as keep trying for your own. Pray about it and see if God gives you peace about it. Remember its a long process. It takes about a year unless you adopt from another country.

Scarlet: I pray you guys caught that egg. I know the tww is a long dreaded wait. But you have us to help you get through it. Lol we need to get some goodsticky bfp so we all can move on to the aches and pains of swollen feet and backaches ffrom being pregnant. Lol I'm ready to change to topic to "BLESSED AND HIGHLY FAVORED TO BE 40+ AND PREGNANT" lol

Aidansmum: Welcome to our ttc family. We are glad you choose us to share your journey with. My sisters here are wonderful. FYI: There are no TMIs here. Feel free to talk and say what ever you have on your mind. We all bleed, have cm, know what sperm looks like ex..... so we pray that all of us move on from a ttc family to a bfp family. Just to catch you up. All of us have at least one adult child. Lol

Afm: okay........ my temp started dropping yesterday. From 98.4 to 97.9 well.....this a.m. it dropped to 97.6 and I had some spotting after I wiped. So..... she will be full force tommorow.
I have decided to try soy isoflavones again this cycle. (I got my first and only bfp ) the cycle I took it. Although it ended in a m/c. I will let you guys know what else ( supplements ) I will be adding to the SI.

I hope you guys are having a great day! Chat soon.

10 years ago • Post starter

Aidansmum... welcome. We have a great group, and are happy you're here.

Mrsward...my dh and i were open to adoption 13 yrs ago, but were rejected because my dh is 12 yrs older than i, and he's diabetic. It was a hard time, because it happened in the middle of my first set of miscarriages. May God bless and lead you as you enter this journey.

Scarlet...praying for you.

Zuberi...sorry to hear af is on her way. But good luck with the iso. I'll keep praying.

Afm...o pain AGAIN last night! Felt like someone was trying to blow green peas through straws, first on the left, then the right. When i tested this am, i got a peak!!! My poor dh. Praying we catch the egg before we give out! All this bding is hard work! (Just kkidding....well, mostly!)

User Image

10 years ago

Hello ladies!
DH and I are 40. We have 2 kids together (6 and 8) and are tying for another.
It's hard to believe we were so careful NOT to get preg the last 6 years. I never thought about age and not being as fertile.

I have my first appointment on friday to check for fertility issues. . It was 2-3 month wait to get in. sigh..

Today I'm 8dpo but I feel there might be a BFP on the way. I just feel like this might be it and I've been having a crazy amount of CM. It's so much that it makes me think AF is knocking. It would drive me crazy if I wasn't charting BBT. Since I've haven't seen a drop I'm hopeful.

The thing is, I think it will be to soon to show up in testing at the appointment. I'm not sure if they will do a sono to check tubes and could see it that way though.

I haven't read all the posts in the thread but I was just wondering if there has been any pregnancies here?

nice to meet you all!

User Image

10 years ago

Hello ladies. Well, my dh and I had our consultation appt today with a fetitity dr. He didn't run any tests on either of us today but basically said that with my age (45), our only good chance of having a baby would be having a donor egg. My dh doesn't want to give up hope on us conceiving a baby ourselves but I told him that I wouldn't mind taking the donor egg route. Even though the baby wouldn't have any of my dna, he or she would have my husbands and I could carry the baby so I know that I would love him or her as if she was completely my flesh and blood. We won't give up hope trying each month but we are seriousely thinking about the donor egg. Have any of you ever considered doing the donor egg route? If so, what were your experiences? The dr today said there is about a 53% chance we could have a baby using a donor egg.
Welcome lwilliams1922 to this group. I haven't been in the group long but I look forward to reading all these ladies posts. They are always supportive and encouraging. I'm sure you will find that to be as well. : ) God Bless! Praying for you all of you!!

[baby_dust]

10 years ago

WOW he was that pesimistic just from the age of 45? before even doing any tests?

I was actually an egg donor when I was younger.

User Image

10 years ago

Hey ladies!!! I hope you all are well....my family has been under the weather so I haven't had much time for the computer :(

lwillliams1922- Hello! I haven't been part of this group for very long, but I am certainly glad I found it! These ladies are all so very sweet and helpful! I will be praying for you through your journey!! I hope this is your month!

Aidansmum- Hello to you too! I will be praying for you as well that you conceive very soon!! This is such a wonderful group!

Rebecca73- Woo hoo!! I am praying for you...that this is your month!!!

Scarlette- I am praying that this is your month too!! I'm sorry you are struggling with missing your dad right now...it must be so hard. I am praying for comfort for you and your family.

Zuberi- sorry you think af is coming..I am still praying! I love your "new" topic title lol!! I think it suits!!

Mrsward- glad you had your apt today. I will be praying for wisdom for you as you make these decisions. Your dh is right..don't give up hope! I am praying for you!!

afm-my ultrasound went well! I saw that beautiful little flicker of a heartbeat! I am 6weeks 6 days today. I am trusting in the Lord right now and praying often for this precious life he has allowed me to carry. I am still struggling with fear, and several times daily look at my favorite scriptures. I lost my last baby at 7 weeks 2 days so I am just trying to enjoy each day being pregnant. I lift you girls up during the day and evening although I think I may have to start writing down names so I don't forget any one! You all have a great rest of your week!

10 years ago

Mamaof07 - Hope you and your family gets to feeling better soon. I know there is this bug going around. My family and I thankfully have been able to stay away from it. I also have had to write down the names of the ladies in this group. I am SOOOOOOO thankful for each of you. It is great to have a support group that relates to what your experiencing and going thru emotionally. People can say that understand but without having living it for themselves. There is a scripture that I have held onto. Even though, I haven't gotten my BFP yet. I still believe I will and this scripture is one I hold close to my heart and one I stand on. It's 1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him". Your baby that your carrying is a gift and I pray that fear leaves you and that you will have a peace which surpasses all understanding. Declare that scripture from 1 Samuel. Your baby will be born healthy and strong. I will stand in agreement with you.

1williams1922 - I was alittle shocked that the dr yesterday made that decision without having ran any tests but he said he was going off of my AMH test that was taken over the summer. My results were 0.03. He said that my ovarian reserve is low. and that any eggs that I did have probably were no good. They would either result in a m/c or something would be wrong with the baby. I am still trying to remain hopeful and trust in the Lord for a baby of our own. I cried myself to sleep last night. I prayed to God and pleaded with him to give us a baby of our own.

I appreciate you all sooooooo much! I look forward to reading our posts everyday. Hope you all are doing well and I will be praying for each of you!

[baby_dust]

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo