Community post

Journal

New hope

Well as much as I think this cycle is a bust already, I'm feeling very positive. After two months of screwy OPKs, I have had enough.

I went in to do my third IUI on Friday, not because I had a +OPK, but because I had a major temp spike in my BBT. After nearly two years of temping, I know what that means. It also didn't help my confidence in the OPKs that the day before this spike I had EWCM and my cervix was open. I had six days of "High" fertility OPKs. SIX DAYS! My normal for the past 10 months has been two "high" fertility days and then my "peak" fertility day, which generally conincides with my BBT temp raise.
Last month, although we didn't do an IUI, I got two separate "Peak" fertility days. I knew the first one didn't count because my temp didn't raise but still. This is getting rediculous.

Everythign about the IUI this cycle went off. We got to the clinic first, they do a first come first serve on IUIs, but we were the last to be called in for DH's sample collection. Once we finally got the sample, his numbers were excellent BTW, we had to wait in a waiting room for over a half hour. Once we finally got to the room there was someone still setting up the table that they use and he was having trouble getting it back in order. Needless to say this was not filling us with confidence.

The the doctor finally came in to do the IUI. Before he got started I said I had some questions for him. Nothing like being half naked and demanding answers. I explained our situation, what had been happening with the OPKs, that this was our last cycle before a reassessment and that I was pretty sure I had missed the window this month. Instead of being dismissive or getting upset that we came in without the +OPK, he calmly listened to us and came up with a plan of action for any future IUIs. He told us that we would be good candidates for increased monitoring (ultrasound on CD 12) and a trigger shot. When I explained that this was our last IUI before we needed to go in for a reassessment. We were told that because of our age they would do 3 more IUIs using clomid with us and to consider this our reassessment. He also told us that if we wanted to at any point, we could book an appointment and talk with one of the doctors at the clinic to go over our options.

I think that's one of my best interactions with the doctors at his clinic to date. This month may be a bust (I'm not completely sure that it will be but most likely it is) but I have hope that next month may not be and that I'll get my BFP within the next 6 months. In the mean time I'm going to continue to work on my positive thinking.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

0 Comments • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo