Community post

Journal

Starting over and preparing for a family visit

I've managed to time out twice on this JE, so here it goes if this one times out I give up.

So AF finally made her appearance this morning. To be honest I'm relieved that I won't have to worry about the effects of the medications I'm taking. AF seems to be taking her sweet time lately, this is the second month that she decided to wait until 16DPO to show up. I think this months delay was likely cause by stress from the car accident last week. Things haven't exactly gone smoothly since.

DH has agreed that if we don't concieve this cycle that we will do an IUI in March. We still have to book another follow up to go over the details of the IUI. I know they will put me on Clomid but I will ovulate on my own. It should be an interesting experience but the Doctor seemed to think that once we go ahead with the IUI we should concieve within 3 months. I hope he's right I'm tired of trying month after month with no success. the Doctor did tell us that we'd be at a greater risk of having multiples. If we concieve twins or even triplets we'll be fine, a bit overwhelmed but we'd get through it. Higher order multiple are a bit beyond me and also not very likely despite the jokes that my family makes. I've checked the statistics, anything beyond twins are not all that common.

In the mean time, I've started the first part of my cycle wait. I think I'll be using this time to get started on my spring cleaning. That way my housekeeping skills may not be met with condemnation when my sister visits in a month and a half. There nothing like having her come to visit, move all of the things that I use regularly to lord know where in the guise of "tidying up" and then complain to me about how dirty my house is. My house I grant you is cluttered but it's not dirty, I grant you this week it's messier than I would like as I haven't be able to do as much since the accident, but still... I swear no one can get under my skin near as much as her. Between that and her "helpful" advice on how to get pregnant, she had no difficulty, I'm sure this visit will go splendidly. Somehow my DH managed to book a business trip around the same time as her visit, they have difficulty getting along and I end up being the sympathetic ear for him when she gets to be too much for him to deal with. Rant over.

The next few months should be interesting anyway.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

0 Comments • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo