Community post

Discussion

Anyone TTC after having a D&C?

View Full Post

I finally got my on Oct. 22, 2014
On Dec 23 I had my first ultrasound appointment at 12 week of pregnancy. Excited to see my baby for the first time when I got the worst news ever. The baby had no heart beat and had not lived pass 9 weeks 1 day. So many emotions ran through me. I was taken completely by surprise because there was no signs of a miscarriage. No heavy bleeding, no pain, nothing. I decided to go through with the D&C which was performed the day after Xmas. 3 days later I was in so much pain. I thought it was normal. They felt just like contractions. The next day I couldn't take the pain anymore and decided to go to the ER. They did a ultrasound to find out that I was still pregnant and that's why I was having painful contractions. They also explained that sometimes this happens and they would have to do another D&C. I did the 2nd surgery on Jan 2nd.

One question is, How long did you wait to try to conceive after having a D&C?

2 different doctors gave me 2 different answers. One said I could wait after my first period, another doctor said wait 2 months

152 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

151 - 152 of 152 Replies

Sayoddy I'm so sorry for you lost. I know first hand how heart breaking that is. I hope you are resting and have a speedy recover from your surgery. Best thing you did was cut out social media. Give yourself time to grieve your lost. First give yourself time to heal. I personally waited for 2 cycles before we started to TTC again. I would also recommend that you stay on prenatal vitamins. If not prenatal then definitely get folic acid.

9 years ago • Post starter

I was told after my D&C in February that I should wait until I have one period before trying again. Not sure if that's so that your uterine lining can get back to normal or if it's just for dating purposes.

After I had a natural early MC last November, my doctor said I could try again as soon as I wanted

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo